Air ducts are often the most neglected part of a home. It is so because one cannot see inside them. So, that which is not visible tends to be out of mind as well. Nonetheless, an important thing that everyone forgets is that the ductwork is a part of your house, and it too gets dirty. When that happens, the air that blows into your living space through the ducts also becomes dirty. Your home, which is your safety zone, now becomes a health risk. Therefore, all homeowners should make air duct cleaning a priority.
12 Reasons To Make Air Duct Cleaning Service A Priority
If you are looking for reasons to make air duct cleaning a priority, here are 12 for your consideration:
1. Family Member Suffers From Allergies Or Breathing Ailment – The air indoors circulates repeatedly through the air ducts. So much so that it picks up dirt, dust, and other allergens that have made a home inside the ducts every time it passes. It leads to a higher concentration of allergy triggers inside your breathing space. If anyone in your family suffers from respiratory problems or allergies, they will have a tough time. Their allergies will flare continuously, and those with breathing problems may continuously feel out of breath. Air duct cleaning will give them much-needed respite.
2. You Are Pet-Owners – There is nothing wrong with having a pet. They are the best stress busters. But with them comes a responsibility to keep indoors clean. Some pets like cats and dogs tend to shed a lot. They shed a lot of hair and dead skin cells. Together, these can cause a build-up inside the ducts, which will restrict the flow of air. Your unit will thus have to work harder to cool the home. This will increase the power consumption and, in turn, the energy bills. Not only that but hair and dander are some of the most common allergens. So, they may cause severe allergies to those who are sensitive.
3. Home Needs Cleaning More Often – Usually, centrally air-conditioned homes don’t get dirty quickly. If earlier you were cleaning your home once in 10 days, but suddenly you seem to be doing it every week, it indicates dirty air ducts. The circulating air is picking up the dust from within the ducts and leaving it behind all over the house, making frequent cleaning necessary.
4. Somebody Smokes Indoors – For every smoker, the basic etiquette is to smoke outdoors, but rarely do people follow it. It is common knowledge that passive smoking is equally dangerous. When somebody smokes, the smoke concentration increases in the ducts. As the air conditioner runs, the circulating picks up the smoke and its toxins from the air ducts and spreads it throughout the house. The other people living in the same house breathe in the air leading to passive smoking.
5. Dust Blowing From Vents – If you can see dust coming out of the vents, it is a sure-shot sign of excessive build-up inside the ductwork. To keep your house clean and indoor air safe to breathe, you should get the air ducts cleaned on priority.
6. Infestation In The Ducts – Air ducts are small and dark, so much so that they provide the perfect habitat for insects and rodents. But their presence in your home is a problem. Hence, if you suspect any such infestation, get the air ducts cleaned immediately. The chances are very high that you will find the little culprits thriving inside them.
7. Mold Growth – Ducts are also warm and slightly damp, a perfect condition for mold to thrive. But mold is dangerous for our health, so one should not allow it to gain a foothold. If you see black powdery substance growing on the walls near the vents, the chances are that it’s even worse inside the ducts. Mold spores are also harmful, and the circulating air can pick them up to spread them far and wide indoors. Hence, at the first sign of suspected mold growth, get your air ducts professionally cleaned.
8. Recent Upgrade To Home – Any type of construction is a heavy burden on the ducts. When you make home upgrades like add a new room or make an existing room bigger, lots of dirt, sawdust, and paint particles will deposit in the ducts. Essentially, any construction activity will make the ducts dirt faster. So if they were dirty before, now there would be a build-up. The best thing to ward of any trouble is to ensure proper duct cleaning after a home upgrade.
9. Damp Basement – In most homes, the air ducts are located in the basement. From there, the run-up to every room. If your basement is usually damp, it would be advisable to get the ducts cleaned annually so that there is no threat of mold growth. Similarly, if your basement got flooded recently, you need professional air duct cleaning.
10. Never Had The Ducts Cleaned Before – If you have been living in your current house for years and never had the ducts cleaned, now is the time to do so. Similarly, if you are the new occupants of a lived-in home, a safe strategy is to see to the cleaning of the ductwork. This way, you don’t have to worry about what lurks in the ducts.
11. Energy Savings – One critical aspect of energy savings in air conditioners and furnaces is the free flow of air. If anything is restricting the airflow, the system will work under pressure leading to higher energy consumption. More the energy consumption, the more the power bills. Thus, if you want to maximize energy savings, ensure periodic air duct cleaning.
12. Extend The ACs life – Following close on the above point’s heels is the direct relation of the ACs lifespan on its stress-free working. If your cooling system does not work under undue pressure, it will not be forced to work hard. In turn, you can get years of trouble-free service from your AC.
If you live in West Palm Beach, Florida, and have not yet scheduled the air duct cleaning of your home, it’s not too late to do so now. At Aztil Air Conditioning, we offer professional air duct cleaning and other services like HVAC installation, repairs, maintenance, and air quality solutions. Our technicians are well-trained and do a thorough job with minimum inconvenience to you and yours. We offer top-quality services at an affordable rate. Even more important, we are available 24/7, so contact us at any time at +1-888-729-8452 to book an appointment.