The beauty of old homes lies in their design and architecture. Unfortunately, they are a heating and cooling nightmare because of no ductwork. Why just them? Many modern homes, too, forgo ductwork to remove the hassle of cleaning and maintaining them. But that does not mean that the residents of such buildings have to suffer through extreme temperatures. With ductless AC systems, there is something for every home now.
Ductless AC systems are efficient and require no ductwork. Therefore, these are a perfect fit for almost any kind of home. If you are planning to buy a ductless system, this article will make for an enlightening read as we will discuss their top 5 advantages. But before doing that, let us know what ductless air conditioning systems are.
Ductless AC Systems
A ductless HVAC system is also called a mini-split system. It is a heating and cooling system that delivers warm or cool air to one room or several rooms without the need for any kind of ductwork.
Are Mini-Split Systems Different From Ductless HVAC Systems?
No. Both refer to the same thing. Both describe heating and cooling solutions that require no ductwork. So it may refer to a ductless heat pump or a ductless air conditioner.
5 Advantages Of Ductless AC Systems
It’s time to get down to the good part and learn why you are moving in the right direction with your choice of a ductless AC system. Its main advantages for which you are going to be much thankful are:
1. No Need For Ductwork – The first and foremost advantage is a no-brainer. It requires no investment in any sort of ductwork. It means no maintenance, cleaning, or inspections of the ducts. That is a big enough saving in itself. Moreover, you need not worry about what scurries within the ducts because they are not there. So that is one less thing to care about in your busy schedule.
2. Easy And Quick Installation – Typically, ductless systems also consist of two units – the outdoor unit or the condenser and the indoor unit or the air handler. Once the outdoor unit is installed, the air handlers don’t take much time. But yes, if the number of air handlers is many, it may land up more time. The installation is not simply about mounting and fixing the unit but also connecting them to work harmoniously, which may take time. Nevertheless, this job is far easier in mini-split systems as compared to the conventional ducted HVAC systems.
3. Energy-Efficiency – If you have any doubts about the energy efficiency of mini-split systems, put them to rest. These ductless AC systems happen to be one of the most energy-efficient systems that you will come across. They have high SEER value and can give any conventional HVAC system a run for the money. What’s even better is that, unlike the ducted HVAC systems, you can open and shut the air handlers on the basis of room occupancy. Switch on the air handlers in the rooms that are occupied and keep the rest shut. This way, you will add to the power savings and thank the lord for such convenience in use.
4. Personalized Comfort – A hidden gem of a feature in mini-split systems is that each air handler can be run at a different temperature setting. It means you no longer have to compromise on your comfort. You can set your desired temperature in the room you occupy. Elders can keep the temperature higher as they desire, and young adults can keep it lower without impacting others. With ductless AC systems, you get personalized comfort at your fingertips at no additional expense.
5. Space Saving Solution – The outdoor unit of traditional HVAC and ductless systems is more or less similar in dimensions and occupies the same amount of space. However, when it comes to the indoor unit, the story is different. The indoor unit of ducted systems is bulky and requires a good amount of dedicated space. In small homes or apartments, this can pose a problem. The mini-split systems pose no such issue because the indoor unit is merely the air handler mounted on the wall and does not eat into your floor space. The air handlers are not very big and are not eye-sore either.
Other Advantages Of Ductless AC Systems
Ductless AC systems have several other advantages in addition to those mentioned above. Some of them are:
1. With a dedicated air handler in each room, the ductless systems are far more efficient in improving the air quality of the occupied rooms.
2. Ductless systems are relatively less demanding in terms of maintenance. The outdoor unit requires the same amount of care as traditional HVAC systems, but the indoor one just requires filter cleaning and a bit of tidying up.
3. When it comes to heating, you don’t need a separate unit. A heat pump will provide both heating and cooling.
4. With need-based use, the ductless systems will reduce your household’s carbon footprint.
To Sum Up
If your house presents space challenges or you don’t wish to disturb the vintage architecture of your home, in that case, a ductless AC system will provide unmatched flexibility, comfort, energy savings, and smart capabilities. You can make your indoor space cozy and comfortable without investing in installing new but expensive ductwork or upgrading the damaged one. In fact, these are an apt choice for even the new addition of space in your existing home. Considering the plethora of benefits they offer, there’s no reason for you to be disappointed with this choice.
If you live in West Palm Beach, Florida, and have any doubts regarding ductless AC systems, feel free to contact the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning for their expert advice. We can help you make the most appropriate choice and also build a lasting relationship by meeting the installation, repair, and maintenance needs of your new system. Our services are top quality and pocket-friendly. We offer emergency services and are always open, so you can reach out to us any time at +1-888-729-8452.