Today, the options available to a homeowner when it comes to heating and cooling systems are many. If you, too, are considering installing the same, this article is meant just for your eyes. Technology has advanced so much that you don’t really need big and cumbersome equipment anymore. In fact, energy efficiency can be reached with smaller ones as well. One such option is the ductless heating and cooling system. It provides heating and cooling as efficiently as the traditional split ACs and provides more flexibility in maintaining varying degrees of temperature in each section of the house.
What Are Ductless Heating And Cooling Systems?
A ductless heating and cooling system or the ductless heat pump and air conditioner consist of a wall-mounted air handler or the indoor unit. It is combined with an outdoor unit or the compressor via a conduit. Sometimes this system is also referred to as the mini-split system, multi-split systems, or the split-ductless systems.
The ductless units can be installed in old as well as new homes, new construction, condos, and apartments. You can use these to improve temperature control in individual rooms or zones. The ductless systems can also be used in buildings that presently use ducted forced-air systems.
5 Advantages Of Ductless Heating And Cooling Systems
Frankly speaking, the ductless systems are the latest rage with the homeowners and rightly so. Let us have a look at the prime reasons why everybody wants them:
1. Flexibility Of Usage – With multiple air handlers having their own thermostats, homeowners can maintain different zones at different temperatures. Additionally, those rooms or areas of the home that are not always in use can have their air handlers switched off. This way, you can not only maintain the temperature that each member of your family desires in their respective rooms, but you can also cool or heat only those rooms that are in use. Such flexibility of operations is not readily available in the traditional split systems giving the ductless system a definitive edge.
2. Cost Savings – Utility costs have increased everywhere. No country remains untouched. At such times the monthly power bills tend to make a significant dent in your finances. The good news is that the ductless systems use less power to cool your home. They are small in size and still render efficient cooling with lower power consumption, thereby reducing the monthly utility bills. On top of that, the flexibility of operations allowing you to shut down the air handlers in rooms that are not in use provides even greater savings. You are not unnecessarily forced to run the heating and cooling system for the rooms where it is not currently required. Another point of interest for the homeowners is the fact that the ductless heating and cooling systems are cheaper than the traditional split systems. The year you install a ductless system in your home, you are eligible for utility rebates or tax credits even.
3. Lower Carbon Footprint – As mentioned above, the ductless systems provide greater energy efficiency. In fact, they follow the “ENERGY STAR” regulations. It translates to the reality that they are more energy-efficient than the basic standards set by the federal government of the United States Of America. Enhanced efficiency not only saves money, but it also lowers your carbon footprint. Adding to its immense popularity is also the fact that ductless systems gain from the strides made in chemistry and technology to reduce the harmful effects on our environment. The refrigerant used in the ductless systems is R410A, which is safe for the environment as it does not cause the depletion of the ozone layer. So it has a minimal adverse impact on the environment for as long as it is in use.
4. Easy To Install – The only consideration while installing the ductless system is that the air handler should be able to freely throw in the air directly into the room. It should not be placed at the end of a long gallery or a restricted corner. Other than that, you can hide it inside the false ceiling or hang it from there, mount it on the sidewalls, embed it in the flooring, etc. If you compare this to a ducted system, you will realize how precise the process of setting up the ductwork has to be. Add to it the disruption to your daily life that the installation of the ducts causes, and you will realize what a breeze the installation of the ductless system is. Not only is it quick and easy, but also far less invasive, causing no restrictions in your everyday routine.
5. Improve Indoor Air Quality – More often than not, homeowners tend to allow the indoor air quality to deteriorate. So much so that, at times, outdoor air is much healthier than indoor air quality. Installing a good heating and cooling system takes care of this problem by removing the allergens from inside the home and making the air circulating inside healthier. The traditional heating and cooling systems often require professional cleaning of the ducts to maintain clean and hygienic air inside. However, professional cleaning is an additional expense, one you can do without, by installing the ductless system in your home. The ductless systems comprise of a multi-stage filtration system that traps all the allergens and particle matter floating in the air and prevent them from becoming a part of the circulating air.
Food For Thought
The Ductless air conditioning and heating systems are a Godsend in today’s time. A time when the power bills are rising, maintenance costs are increasing, and fulfilling one’s environmental duty is becoming challenging. At such a time, the ductless systems provide not only energy efficiency and customization ability but also helps one fulfill their environmental duty by lowering their carbon footprint. They cater to each individual’s temperature preference and make your home comfortable for all the family members.
If you have any further questions with respect to the heating and cooling systems, feel free to contact AztilAC. We will be glad to be of assistance in any which way we can.