Now that summers are here, and many of us are planning to be wise and stay indoors due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it is only smart to worry about the health of the air conditioner. The time that you spend indoors and how comfortable it is depends wholly and solely on the AC. Whether your cooling system is new or old, it requires care and maintenance to do the necessary work. Many of us still feel that maintenance is a waste of money, yet it remains the fact that you have a questionable HVAC system without it. A machine that works endless hours deserves some TLC (read inspection and maintenance) through the hands of a professional technician.
5 Benefits Of Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance
Let us come to the main purpose of today’s discussion: the prime benefits of routine air conditioner maintenance.
1. Improved Energy Efficiency – As the air conditioner runs endlessly to cool the home, it suffers from gradual wear and tears. This results in a loss of efficiency. Without preventive maintenance, the system continues to lose efficiency season after season. After some time, it will become too expensive to operate as your power bills will start skyrocketing. The only way to avoid this dire situation is by ensuring your cooling systems routine maintenance. Preventive maintenance helps reclaim a significant portion of the lost efficiency. A professional technician will make certain that the motor is working fine, air filters are clean, and ducts are not leaking. These activities will go a long way in keeping the power bills in check. You don’t have to worry about high energy bills anymore. Instead, invest in the unit’s maintenance and enjoy its fruits.
2. Fewer Repairs And Increased Reliability – As an HVAC contractor, we are letting you in on a secret. You can avoid 80% of costly repairs by seeing to your system’s annual maintenance regimen. Compared to the amount you will save on repairs, the investment in maintenance is relatively small. It’s added benefits that your cooling system becomes more dependable. You can rest assured that the air conditioner will not shut down during the peak of the season when you need it the most. During maintenance, the technician will tighten loose wires, nuts, and bolts. They will also lubricate the moving portions. These little things that often get overlooked are the cause of an air conditioner shutting down suddenly. At least with maintenance, you can be sure that this is one thing that will not happen to you.
3. Extends The Lifespan Of The Unit – Just like you give your car for regular servicing to keep it running effortlessly for years, in the end, the cooling system, too, requires similar care. An air conditioner that gets good care works like a piece of well-oiled machinery. It rarely ever gives any problem as all its parts are in top working order. A machine whose various components work as they ideally should definitely live to its full life expectancy and some more. In comparison, a unit that does not receive any maintenance will fall into disrepair far quicker. As a result, you will have to replace it sooner than a well-maintained AC. It is for this reason why all HVAC contractors stress the need for regular maintenance. Modern-day air conditioners have a life expectancy of 10 years. When the AC is maintained on time, you increase its useful product life and can make the most of your investment.
4. Makes Home Comfortable – If you do not invest in air conditioner maintenance sooner or later, you will realize that your home is not as comfortable as it used to be before. Your cooling unit may be dirty or have build-ups inside, restricting the airflow. Similarly, worn and failing parts may be inhibiting the unit from achieving the best performance. The result is that your poor AC works hard, under a lot of strain, and continuously. Yet, it is unable to make the home cool and comfortable. Conversely, a well-maintained AC will make the atmosphere in your home more relaxed by getting rid of stale and pungent odors and allowing free movement of treated air. When you come back home after a long day of work, you will find it wonderfully cool and calming.
5. Improves Indoor Air Quality – Indoor air quality is a grave concern, so much so that even EPA warns residents to be watchful of it. People who suffer from allergies will vouch for the difference that good air quality can make. Dust, dander, pollen, VOCs, etc., have a free reign in the air you breathe when indoors. Similarly, with the changing season, pathogens tend to invade your space and gain a foothold. Together, all of them deteriorate the indoor air quality. Regular air conditioner maintenance improves indoor air quality. The HVAC technician ensures that there are no build-ups in and around the cooling unit, the unit itself is clean, the air filters are not clogged, and so on. When all these little things are taken care of, there is no reason for the indoor air quality to become poor. With all aspects attended, you can rest assured that the air you breathe in the sanctity of your home is clean, healthy, and hygienic.
Summary Of Discussion
Please do not commit the folly of overlooking the necessity of regular air conditioner maintenance. This seemingly nondescript activity improves the HVAC system’s efficiency, makes the unit more reliable, increases its useful product life, makes the indoor space more comfortable, and improves the indoor air quality.
If you reside in West Palm Beach, Florida, and have not scheduled your HVAC system’s maintenance, it’s time to do so now. We, Aztil Air Conditioning, a premier HVAC contractor serving South Florida since 1981, offer world-class HVAC services at affordable rates. Installations, replacements, repairs, and maintenance, we do it all. In addition, you can also contact us for air duct cleaning and air quality solutions. To make the task of scheduling maintenance easy, you can buy any of our service plans. We are open 24/7 and 365 days a year. Hence, you can book an appointment at any time. Just dial +1-888-729-8452 to contact us.