The importance of a working air conditioner can truly be appreciated by those who live in a hot and humid environment. Whenever there is an AC problem, it disrupts your entire schedule. At such moments one is in dire straits and needs the help of reliable air conditioning repair services. It is important to identify the signs of a fault in time and call for expert help without delay. Thankfully, your air conditioner will not give out on you without first giving enough signals of a developing problem. It is up to you to be observant and catch them as soon as possible.
To make things easier, today, we shall talk about five facts or five symptoms that are indicative of some sort of AC trouble. The only way to make these symptoms or signs go away is by getting the repairs done.
5 Warning Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repair Services
Knowing when to call air conditioning repair services is of prime importance. If you are not sure of something being a bit off about your units, these are the 5 signs that should register on your radar:
1. Sounds That Were Not Heard Before – By now, you are quite aware that the air conditioner is more or less quiet in operation. So, noticing a sound that was not there earlier is easy. The sound would be loud enough to be distracting and jarring enough to become irritating. You could hear a squealing or vibrating sound when some moving part rubs against another component. It could also be a sign of a loose motor or fan belt. Similarly, a banging or clanking sound indicates a broken or loose component. A continuous clicking sound is indicative of a failing thermostat. Therefore, as soon as you register that your AC is making any of these weird sounds, it is the right time to call air conditioning repair services.
2. Dropped Airflow Or Cooling – Another thing to note is a perceptible drop in the airflow or the cooling of the house or the structure. Ideally, if you or anyone else has not changed the thermostat settings, your cooling system should continue to work in the same fashion. That is to say, the closed area should have the same temperature as always. So, if you notice a drop in airflow or an increase in temperature, first check whether the air filters are clean and the vents open. If all seems as it should be, place a call to your HVAC technician. Now is the time when air conditioning repair experts will come to your assistance.
3. Odors – Every building and every home has a unique smell. It usually comprises the cleaning agents used indoors, fragrances used by the occupants, and such. So all odors are not bad. Nevertheless, imagine if the pleasant smell is gone and instead there is horrible and repulsive dirty socks or rotten eggs-like smell. That would be very off-putting. Not only would you not want to be indoors, but it will also disrupt your complete schedule. There are times when the odor may not exactly be a sign of an AC problem. It is because your unit picks up air from inside the closed structure, treats it, and transports it back indoors. Hence, there is a high possibility that it picked up a smell from one corner of the building and spread it throughout. Though, the problem could also be festering in the ducts. Apart from maintaining cleanliness, the only way you can be sure of the source of odor is by calling the air conditioning repair services for a thorough inspection of the HVAC system.
4. Water Puddles – Typically, the air conditioner should not produce any moisture. If you see water puddles or wet spots on the floor below the unit, it should raise a red flag. Wet spots can spoil your floors and furnishings. Furthermore, it can lead to mold growth and also result in a short circuit. All these situations are enough to cause concern, justifying contacting the HVAC repair technician immediately.
5. Thermostat Problems – A thermostat that cannot communicate with the cooling system is a big problem. It is because now the AC will not know when to cool and how much to cool. Thus, even if you set a specific temperature on the thermostat, it will relay the information to the HVAC system incorrectly. Maybe the thermostat needs to be recalibrated, or maybe there is some sensor issue. Whatever be the reason your home no longer feels as comfortable as before. To rectify the situation, you have to call the air conditioning repair experts.
Check To Carry Out Before Calling Air Conditioning Repair Services
Most AC problems result due to ignorance and negligence. Before calling the technician, check the following. It may prevent you from calling them unnecessarily:
1. The HVAC system is plugged into the power source, and its switch is in the ON position.
2. The circuit breaker has not tripped.
3. The thermostat settings have not been changed erroneously.
4. The thermostat batteries are not dead.
5. The vents are open.
6. The air filters are clean.
Air conditioner problems should not be ignored. Instead of making them go away, ignoring them will only make them escalate. It will lead to costly repairs, and if you are too late, it may even render your system dead and useless. Any abnormality should be noticed and reported immediately.
If you live in West Palm Beach and face any AC problem, call the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a full-service HVAC business operating successfully since 1981. Our technicians can even give you valuable guidance and feedback if you are looking to replace your cooling system. With our help, you can make an informed decision that is bound to hold you in good stead. Apart from that, we shall also take care of the installation, repairs, and maintenance of your complete HVAC system. To talk to our experts or to book an appointment, call us at +1-888-729-8452.