The heating and cooling systems industry or the HVAC industry has seen a radical change in technology. There was a time when only ducted systems ruled the markets, but now, the demand has shifted to ductless systems. With new technology comes lots of myths, but as the demand grows, experience busts those myths. It is probably for that reason that despite initial resistance, today, more and more people are opting for ductless HVAC systems.
What Is So Unique About Ductless HVAC Units?
The one thing that sets ductless units apart is that they don’t require ductwork to cool any enclosed space. There is no need to construct expensive ductwork or to spend anything on maintaining it. That is a straight-out saving. This feature is especially helpful when:
1. The space under consideration has ductwork that is worn out and needs complete overhauling, but the expense is too much.
2. It also proves beneficial for maintaining indoor comfort in heritage buildings, which were never built to accommodate any ductwork.
Now, these spaces, too, can enjoy the fruits of indoor climate control without having to construct an extensive network of ducts. Ductless HVAC units or mini-split systems are a boon for their existence.
Five Important Benefits Of Ductless HVAC Units
Let’s talk about the benefits offered by the mini-split systems, which by the way, are several, but we shall only cover the most significant ones. These are:
1. Bye Bye Ducts – The most obvious advantage is that mini-split systems don’t require ductwork, which is also why they are called ductless units. So no more worrying about ducts, their condition or cleanliness, and above all, fretting about what lurks inside them. Without ducts, life is much simpler. All you need to ensure is timely annual preventive maintenance of the heating and cooling system. Hence, if your house cannot accommodate ductwork, you can always go ductless and enjoy a well-controlled indoor environment.
2. Hello Savings – If anyone ever said ductless systems are not energy efficient, ask them whether they have first-hand experience or simply tooting what someone else told them. The chances are that even someone else has no first-hand knowledge of it. The good news for you, ductless HVAC units are highly energy-efficient. Combine them with a smart thermostat, and you have at your disposal a system that helps you save much more. The reason why ductless HVAC units are considered superior in energy efficiency is that you need to switch on the air handlers of only those rooms that are occupied. The remaining may remain closed. So you are no longer heating or cooling any room unnecessarily anymore.
3. Welcome Personalized Comfort – Mini-split systems offer lots of flexibility in use. Typically, older people prefer a little higher temperature while young adults prefer it a little lower. With a standard HVAC system, you will have to disappoint at least one party. So what is the solution? Obviously, a mini-split system. There is a dedicated air handler for each room in these systems, which is controlled by a dedicated thermostat or a handheld remote. The room occupants can fix the temperature setting as per their needs. Hence, nobody has to compromise anymore. Instead, all parties or residents of the house get the freedom to decide how cool or warm they want their personal space.
4. Space Saving – A mini-split system is a wise choice of heating and cooling system for those homes where space is limited. These units consist of a single compressor or outdoor unit which is connected to several air handlers indoors. The good part of the air handler is that these are wall-mounted and do not require much space. Hence, if you don’t want a window AC or a traditional HVAC system, or a central heating and cooling system, a mini-split system will still give you an opportunity to control the climate indoors and provide space savings too.
5. Improved Indoor Air Quality – When it comes to ducted HVAC systems, there is always a question of what germs lurk inside the ducts and find their way indoors with the circulating air. Nevertheless, a ductless system has no ducts, and hence, the problem is killed at the root itself. The rest is taken care of by the air filter. Hence, the indoor air quality improves without the homeowner having to do anything extra. Yes, installing air purifiers can make it even better, but that is a discussion for another day. If anyone says that ductless HVAC units cannot improve air quality, you can now tell them it doesn’t degrade it either.
Other Benefits Of Ductless HVAC Units
Some other benefits of installing ductless HVAC units are:
1. These reduce the carbon footprint of your house on the environment.
2. These require comparatively less maintenance.
3. Ductless systems provide effective heating as well.
4. You can also get utility rebates by installing ductless units.
The Core Of The Matter
Ductless HVAC units are practical and efficient. These do not eat into your limited space and are not over-the-top pricey as well. Still, if you find them expensive, do remember you can make up for it in terms of energy efficiency and utility rebates. Moreover, all your family members are getting personalized comfort. What more could one ask for? All in all, ductless HVAC units are a wise choice, one which you will be thankful for.
If you live in West Palm Beach, Florida, and want to discuss the option of installing a ductless HVAC unit in your residence, contact the expert team of helpful technicians at Aztil Air Conditioning. We can not only guide you in making the right decision but also install it and take care of its repairs and maintenance. When you join hands with us, we ensure that you get a well-rounded service that does not leave you wanting for anything more. Our offices are always open, so you can contact us any time at your convenience at +1-888-729-8452.