The day your water heater starts behaving abnormally is the day when the realization dawns on how important it is to your daily life. Before that, you wouldn’t have spared even a stray thought to it. Not that anyone is blaming you because it is a mistake that we all make. Learning from our mistakes and those of others is probably the greatest gift that we have. Instead of waiting for the day when the water heater goes completely kaput, you can pay attention to its little peculiarities to identify the need for repairs. This article aims to tell you about the five most common signs that reveal your water heater needs repairs.
5 Signs You Need Water Heater Repairs
Not paying attention to problems only makes them escalate in nature. If you are lucky, it would only mean costly repairs. On the contrary, if you are unlucky, it may result in purchasing a new water heater, which is Now that you know what’s the worst that could happen, let’s have a glimpse at the top 5 signs that indicate the need for water heater repairs.
1. Lukewarm Water Coming From Taps – When you run the hot water tap, and the water feels barely warm, it means that there is something wrong. However, there could be a logical reason behind it. So instead of jumping the gun, first check the temperature settings. Somebody could have accidentally or knowingly altered them to a low setting or vacation mode. In this case, correcting the temperature setting will take care of the problem. Similarly, if the temperature has dropped suddenly, the water coming to your tank will be colder than usual. If you’ve been using more hot water than usual, the water heater may be finding it difficult to heat the extra cold water within the same timespan. If neither of these two conditions exists, it signifies the need for water heater repairs. Something is not working as it should, so the water is not heating sufficiently.
2. Hot Water Gets Over Very Soon – If there is no untoward increase in hot water consumption, it should not get over within a few minutes where earlier it was available for a longer duration. For example, in your home, if you are the first one to get up and take a shower and you feel that the water runs cold within the first 10 minutes, where earlier it was still hot after 25 mins, it is a cause for concern. It could mean a faulty heating element or damaged plumbing, causing the hot water to leak elsewhere. Both of these scenarios are going to need expert help for correctly identifying and rectifying the problem.
3. Leaking Water Heater – A leaking water heater is never good news. It can cause water damage in your home, leading to damp spots, water stains, spoiled floor and furnishings, mold, etc. The first question that pops in your mind is, how to identify that the water heater is leaking? That’s pretty simple. When your water heater leaks, it creates water puddles and wet spots immediately around the unit. These are hard to miss as constant leaking will prevent the puddle from drying quickly. Pooling water is not a good sign as it will corrode the water heater. Also, if there are any electrical appliances nearby, it may create a hazardous situation. Hence, as soon as you notice a leak see its repairs immediately.
4. Rusty Or Rust Colored Water – Often, corrosion of the water heater occurs. On the outside, it is visible to the naked eye. Nevertheless, when it spreads inside the unit, you will barely come to know of it until the color of the water changes or its taste becomes metallic, or even both may occur at the same time. You must now wonder that it is not necessary that the corrosion is inside the water heater. It could also be in the pipes. Distinguishing between the two occurrences is simple. If rust-colored water comes from both the hot and cold taps, corrosion is in the pipeline. On the other hand, if rusty water comes only from the hot water tap, corrosion is inside the water heater. When you notice either the metallic taste of water or its off-color, it’s time to get the heating unit and its related components inspected.
5. Strange Sounds That Were Not There Earlier – Almost all big appliances make some noise. When you notice a sudden change in the sound pattern of the water heater, that is a red flag. The sounds you are most likely to hear when something is off are loud popping, cracking, or banging sounds. These noises are indicative of mineral deposits within the water heater that causes it to overheat. Usually, giving the inside of the water heater, a thorough cleaning will take care of the strange sounds. This cleaning is a job that only a trained technician should perform.
Hire Professionals For Water Heater Repair
If any of the above-mentioned occurrences sound familiar, it means that your water heater is in need of repairs. One must take care to employ only trained professionals to handle the task as the very safety and longevity of the appliance depend on it. If you doubt water heater problems, call the elite team of Aztil Air Conditioning for expert help.
Aztil Air Conditioning is a well-established name amongst HVAC contractors in West Palm Beach, Florida. We are a company that is synonymous with trust, integrity, and customer satisfaction. Building this reputation has been years of hard work. Today, we are known as a one-stop-shop for all your HVAC needs. Our technicians are thorough professionals, trained in the trade, with considerable experience under their belts. We take care of not only installation and replacements but also repairs and maintenance. When seeking either service, do give a call at +1-888-729-8452. We are open 24/7 and 365 days a year, so any time is a good time to call. Allow us to wow you with our impeccable service and prompt action.