The air conditioner is purchased and is sitting in its crisp new packaging. Phew! One big task over with. What a relief. Now it’s time for installation, but no Tom, Dick, and Harry will do because this process is equally critical. As a homeowner, you have to blankly rely on the expertise of the installation expert since your own knowledge in this regard is insubstantial. So what’s the best you can do? The obvious choice is to choose your HVAC partner wisely so that you can rest assured that they will provide the best air conditioning installation.
5 Tips For Quality Air Conditioning Installation
Everybody desires accurate air conditioning installation as per professional standards in the least amount of time. It is not too much to ask for. Here are five tips that you must pay heed to if you want good quality installation:
1. Choose A Professional HVAC Contractor – The first step in getting good service is to choose a thoroughly professional contractor. You will come across many HVAC contractors who claim to provide excellent service for a throw-away price. Steer clear of them. These people are not professionals. Rather, they are the people who are out to fleece you out of your hard-earned money. They do a shoddy job of installation, which leads to future problems. In short, these low-grade contractors begin the vicious circle of never-ending expensive repairs. Gather reviews from friends and neighbors about their contractors, check the same online and try to partner with one whose office is nearby. A professional contractor will always adhere to the industry standards and hence, will never come cheap. Nevertheless, they make up for the expense by providing world-class, accurate, and efficient service.
2. Ensure The Contractor Is Licensed And Insured – How to weed out the low-grade contractors from the professional ones? The process is quite simple. A professional contractor will always have his license, permit, insurance, and other credentials in order. It is because they are aware that a prospective client has every right to ask for them. Since it is your right as a client to verify the claims of a prospective contractor, you should always ask to see their papers for physical proof. A contractor who tries to shy away from showing proof of their assertions is somebody you should never trust. A reliable HVAC contractor will have the license to work in your state and carry the necessary insurance to keep you and your property safe.
3. Inform The Technician Of Your Needs – At the time of AC installation, if there is some specific requirement of yours, inform about the same to the technician. For example, if you want the outdoor unit not to be placed in a particular area, or having the option to cool a specific area of the house. It will help the technician scope out an alternative location for the condenser unit and divide your home into zones. The idea is to let the technician know your requirements before they begin the actual installation and not in the middle of it or once it is over. That will lead to unnecessary wastage of time and effort. Informing the technician beforehand will save everyone a lot of inconveniences.
4. Do Not Allow Sub-Contractors To Work On The System – You should always partner with an HVAC company that uses its own employees for all services, and that includes installation. Sub-contracting the work does not mean a shoddy job, neither does it guarantee a top-notch job. With an investment as expensive as the air conditioner, one should always aim to get the best service. The only way to guarantee that is by working with those contractors who own the work done by them. Using a sub-contractor is like passing the blame when things go wrong.
4. Buy An Air Conditioner That Suits The Structure Of Your Space – One aspect on which people make the most blunders is choosing an air conditioning unit that suits your house or space’s structure. We are not talking about the size of the AC here. Instead, it is about whether there is pre-existing ductwork or not. If not, have you made provision for this additional expense in case you buy a cooling system that needs ductwork. Realizing this mistake at the time of installation is a major setback. You cannot piece together ductwork from cheap material to cut back on cost. Therefore, always consider the space, discuss with your contractor, and only then buy an air conditioner. If you require air conditioning installation for a new addition in your home, you can opt for a window AC or a mini-split system to do away with the need to extend the ductwork. The quality of air conditioning installation is only as good as your purchase decision.
Choosing a knowledgeable, reliable, and trustworthy HVAC contractor is the surest way to ensure quality air conditioning installation. In short, what you need is a thorough professional and mind you, they don’t come cheap. The cheap ones are those who will put you and your expensive cooling system at risk by performing a sloppy job. Take your time in choosing the right contractor. They will ensure seamless AC installation with minimum downtime. Additionally, you can also purchase maintenance and repair plans to keep your unit working smoothly in all seasons.
Aztil Air Conditioning provides HVAC installation, repairs, and maintenance in West Palm Beach. We also provide other services like air quality solutions and duct cleaning. If you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy HVAC contractor, your search ends with us. We are a family-run business operating since 1981. Our technicians are trained and certified experts with ample experience to carry out an accurate job. With their immense knowledge and expertise, you can rest easy for your heating and cooling system is in care of good hands. We are open 24/7, so you can reach out to us at any time at +1-888-729-8452. We are looking forward to a lasting relationship with you.