When it’s time to buy an air conditioner, you need to make an informed decision. It cannot be based on what takes your fancy. You have to understand your home, its size, and peculiarities and then choose the one that meets all the pertinent details. Remember, there is something available for every h...
When it’s time to buy an air conditioner, you need to make an informed decision. It cannot be based on what takes your fancy. You have to understand your home, its size, and peculiarities and then choose the one that meets all the pertinent details. Remember, there is something available for every home and budget. You just need to search and research your options. Allow us to make things easier. Here is a guide to assist you while buying an AC in 2021. It pertains to the different types of air conditioners that you can choose from.
8 Types Of Air Conditioners
Let’s get down straight to the point and have a brief overlook of the eight types of air conditioners.
1. Window AC – These happen to be the most common type of air conditioner. If you have added a new room in your home or office, installing a window AC makes more sense than replacing your current HVAC system to accommodate the change. Window AC is a compact machine that fits reality in a small window space. The exhaust system is towards the back of the AC, the part that is outside your room. The cooling part is towards the front, which is indoors. Window AC does a remarkable job of cooling a room. Its only disadvantage is that you can no longer open the window where it is mounted for fresh air.
2. Through The Wall Air Conditioners – Through the wall air conditioners are very similar to a window AC. In fact, you can mistake them for each other. As the name itself suggests, these air conditioners are installed through the wall of the room. The exhaust portion lies towards the wall’s outer side, while the portion that brings in treated air is on the inner side of the wall. These air conditioners are used where there is no accessible window to mount a window AC. The main advantage of these systems is that your window does not become blocked. You can still open and close it for ventilation.
3. Portable AC – Similar to a window AC, a portable AC is also a single, contained unit. These differ from a window AC in that a portable unit can be moved along from room to room, provided there is an air-tight window kit to connect the exhaust hose. Usually, portable air conditioners are used where regulations prevent the installation of window air conditioners. These units are quite noisy and found to be less effective in rooms that are bigger than 500 square feet.
4. Central Air Conditioning System – Also known as “Central Air,” these air conditioners are used to cool the complete home or building. Typically, these consist of two units – the outdoor unit and the indoor unit. The outdoor unit houses the compressor, and the indoor unit provides the actual cooling. Extensive ductwork along with fans is involved in pushing the cool treated air throughout the structure. The disadvantage of central air conditioning systems is that you need ample space to install the two units, and secondly, the ductwork should already be present. Installing new ductwork will only add to your expense.
5. Mini-Split Systems – These are sometimes also known as ductless systems as they don’t require any ductwork whatsoever. The mini-split systems consist of an outdoor unit and multiple air handler units for each room. These give more flexibility in controlling temperature and also allow for greater power savings as you can switch off the air handlers of those rooms that are not in use. These compact units are most suited for heritage buildings and those homes that don’t have pre-existing ductwork.
6. Package Terminal Air Conditioners – Also referred to as PTACs, these air conditioners are typically used in hotels, assisted living facilities, hospitals, etc. It is installed right above the floor but below a window. The exhaust system is on the outside and responsible for sending out the warm air. The main advantage of the Package Terminal Air Conditioners is that they also act as heating systems. Needless to say, one system will see you through both summer and winter.
7. Heat Pumps – Heat pumps are devices that transfer thermal energy from one source to another. In summer, they extract the heat from the air indoors and transfer it outdoors, and in winters, the process is reversed. Heat pumps, too, provide both heating and cooling depending on the season. The advantage of using heat pumps is that they reduce your carbon footprint and are safer than any combustible fuel heating system. The only drawback is that they work well only in those places where the temperature variation is moderate.
8. Coolers – You may also know them as “Swamp Coolers” or “Evaporative Coolers.” They work on the simple principle that when air passes over water, the air loses some of its heat and cools down. No doubt closers are a cheaper option than air conditioners, but they can truthfully be used only in a hot and dry climate. In places with high humidity, these will only add to the woes.
Now that you know there is no shortage of options when it comes to choosing a cooling system, you need to work out which system meets all your requirements. Working together with an HVAC expert will give you jewels of information that they have learned through years of experience. Asking them for help will only help you gain from their wisdom.
Aztil Air Conditioning is a premier HVAC contractor in West Palm Beach, Florida. If you wish to seek any help in choosing an additional air conditioner or a replacement air conditioner, look no further than us. Our technicians can assist you in choosing the one that will fulfill all your requirements. Additionally, we also carry out installations, repairs, and maintenance of all kinds of cooling systems. We are open 24/7 and 365 days a year. You can call us at any time to book an appointment. We are always available at +1-888-729-8452, so call us at your convenience.
Modern-day air conditioning systems are very different from what was available in the past. In the times gone by, people did not pay much attention to things like efficiency and capacity. You either had a sound system that provided sufficient cooling or had a system that was a waste of money because it presented high bills but barely any comfort. The problem here was not that the system was inadequate. Instead, it was the lack of professional guidance and setup. Thus, nowadays, the strict edict is given that AC installation should always be carried out by a professional.
In fact, one must seek professional help right from when one begins searching for an AC to its installation, repairs, and maintenance post-purchase. From ascertaining the cooling load to picking the best type of cooling system for your home or office, there are several key elements that one must take into consideration for the installation to be deemed successful. So, don’t make the mistake of thinking that installation includes just core installation and nothing else.
What Is Cooling Load?
Don’t be surprised by the technical jargon. Its definition is relatively simple. It is the quantity of heat energy that has to be removed from the given space to provide a comfortable and acceptable temperature.
Is Cooling Load Same As Size Of The Air Conditioning System?
The cooling load is not the same as the size of the air conditioning system. Instead, it helps determine the size of the AC that you will need to cool your space. The cooling load can vary from one room to another. Therefore, your ACs output should match the size of your complete structure and not just one of its rooms.
How Can HVAC Experts Help?
In the normal course of things, we don’t pay much attention to the important details. We assume that they will work out on their own, only to get an unpleasant surprise later. Nonetheless, with an investment as expensive as the air conditioner, it would be foolish to undertake such a risk. Thankfully, HVAC experts are there to help. Here are a couple of ways in which the professionals can guide you better:
1. Size Of AC – The size of the AC will have a direct bearing on the comfort indoors and the amount you pay for it. With an undersized AC, it will be impossible to reach the perfect temperature indoors. Your small AC will run for long hours and will not have much to show for it other than a hefty electricity bill. On the other hand, an oversized AC will cycle on and off so much that energy efficiency will go for a toss. Therefore, what you need is an AC that will cool the complete house or building. For that, you need to know how big the area is that requires cooling. The one person who can assist you in figuring the correct size of AC for your establishment is the HVAC professional or technician.
2. Choosing An AC To Meet Your Requirements – Getting confused while choosing an AC is normal. At such a time, if there were a person to guide you in the right direction gently, it would be such a blessing. An HVAC technician can guide you to choose an AC with all the features you need and within your budget. They make even the most challenging decision easy with their in-depth knowledge of the subject and appliance.
3. Carrying Out Actual Installation – The actual installation of the cooling system is a critical task. It has to be done correctly and precisely. Any mishaps or negligence during the process will lead to the constant need for repairs. There are many things that need to be considered like; the outdoor unit should be free of obstructions, the indoor unit should be properly aligned, the ductwork should be in top shape, the insulation top quality, etc. If you use an unprofessional technician, one who lacks in knowledge and expertise, the chances are pretty high that your AC installation will be a haphazard job. In order to save a couple of dollars, do not make this mistake.
4. Repairs And Maintenance – When you partner with a professional HVAC contractor, the relationship is one that you can build upon. A good technician can take care of all the future needs of the cooling system. It includes repairs and maintenance of the unit. Also, they will own the work they do. So there is always a surety that the work has been completed to the best of knowledge. This guarantee is missing when you make do with any self-proclaimed technician.
How To Get Hold Of A Professional AC Installation Expert?
Figuring out who is good and who is bad is not very difficult. It is a matter of doing some research and gathering data. Nevertheless, here are a few handy tips that will hold you in good stead:
1. Ask friends and neighbors for recommendations.
2. Gather reviews about the contractors both online and offline.
3. Always check the HVAC contractor’s documents like license, certification, etc.
4. Don’t fall for low ball figure scams as industry standards are higher.
5. Beware of contractors who don’t explain things in layman’s terms and try to confuse you with technical jargon.
AC installation is a complete process that begins with figuring out your residence or commercial building’s requirements. Next is finding out the appropriate size and type of AC based on cooling load. Then come the real installation and after-sales services. When all these things make your structure cool, in the way you aim it to be, the installation is successful. Only a professional AC installation expert or technician can help you fulfill this aim.
If you are looking for a licensed and trained professional to meet your HVAC needs in West Palm Beach, Florida, your answer is Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a family-owned business operating successfully since 1981. Our staff consists of 100+ trained professionals who are experienced in working with any brand of heating and cooling system. We offer a full range of services, including installation, repairs, and maintenance. Our office is open 24/7 and 365 days a year. You can reach out to us at any time at +1-888-729-8452. So, wait no more and give us a call today and book an appointment.
Air conditioning and refrigeration are often thought of as one and the same thing. Since the two work on the same principle of providing cooling, making this assumption is not off the mark. Nevertheless, the two differ. Their concept might be the same, but the way in which they work are different.
The air conditioner and the refrigerator are involved in keeping an enclosed space cooler than its surrounding area.
What Is Refrigeration?
The process of removing unwanted heat from an object or space is called refrigeration. The extracted heat is transferred to another object or space. In a natural course, thermal energy flows from a place with a higher temperature to a place with a lower temperature. In refrigeration, the natural course is reversed. So heat flows from lower temperature objects to higher. As a result, the temperature of the less hot object becomes cooler.
Nonetheless, going against the natural flow of things involves work. Refrigeration is intended to cool the immediate area using a network of pipes filled with a refrigerant or coolant. I]t is usually a fluorinated gas. The gas is forced from liquid state to gas, creating a cooler temperature inside the refrigerator or the deep freezer. Now, the compressor raises both the pressure and temperature of the coolant gas so that once again, it comes back into the liquid state. This restarts the cooling cycle.
What Is Air Conditioning?
Air conditioning is used to cool a more extensive area. Herein the ambient air in the enclosed space is also used to lower the temperature. Unlike refrigeration, there is no maze of pipes carrying the coolant involved in delivering the cooling. Instead, there is a network of ducts and fans that is used to push the treated air into every room. The principle involved remains the same of converting the liquid refrigerant to gas for providing cool air.
Difference Between Air Conditioning And Refrigeration
Let us now delve deeper and study the actual points of difference between air conditioning and refrigeration:
1. Nature Of Work
1. Air Conditioning – The air conditioner works by removing heat from the air indoors. In doing so it performs the dual function of cooling and dehumidifying. Though, dehumidification is not its primary function rather a secondary benefit of using an AC. Invariably, together the two functions lower the temperature indoors to make it comfortable and livable during the hot season.
2. Refrigeration – In refrigeration, the heat is transferred outside the appliance, where the temperature is higher. For example, the area inside the fridge is cold, but outside it, you will find the temperature to be higher in the immediate vicinity. Usually, refrigeration is used for cooling or chilling a small and limited space. So, one can deduce that refrigeration is used for chilling and freezing. The difference is that, unlike air conditioning, in refrigeration, the cooling temperature is far lower, almost to the point of making you feel cold and frozen.
2. Design Of Circulation System
1. Air Conditioning – The circulation system consists of an extensive system of ducts and fans. These are designed to blow out the cooled and treated air into the house or building to lower its temperature.
2. Refrigeration – In refrigeration, there is not extensive ductwork involved as the objects to be cooled in the space are limited. Also, its circulation system is designed in such a manner that it keeps the cold air within the unit itself. Therefore, there is no cooling at all outside the unit.
3. Number Of Units Involved
1. Air Conditioning – Typically, an air conditioning system consists of two units, one of which is installed outdoors and the other indoors. The outdoor unit is also known as the condenser unit or the compressor, and the indoor unit is often referred to as the actual air conditioning unit. Though in truth, together, the outdoor and the indoor unit form the complete air conditioning system.
2. Refrigeration – In refrigeration, one single unit encompasses all the different elements, which includes the compressor, condenser, and evaporator.
4. Cooling Process
1. Air Conditioning – An air conditioner uses a combination of coolant and outside air to provide cooling indoors.
2. Refrigeration – In refrigeration, the coolant alone is responsible for cooling. No other element like outside air is involved in the process.
Air Conditioning And Refrigeration Are Different
Now that the difference between air conditioning and refrigeration is clear, it’s time to point out a couple of misconceptions.
Some people believe that one can save food by chilling it under an air conditioner. This is completely off-the-mark thinking. Food needs to be chilled more than normal so that bacteria do not spoil it. That is the reason why foods and drinks are stored at very low temperatures. Needless to say, what you need is a refrigerator and not an air conditioner for keeping the food safe to consume. Restaurants mostly have deep freezers and chill rooms, while homes make do with a fridge for this purpose.
Conversely, there may be people who believe that a big enough refrigeration system can keep a building, commercial or residential, cool in summers. No, it can’t. It is impractical and also were you to manage such a huge refrigeration system somehow still, yet you forget that it is used to maintain extremely low temperatures. Such low temperatures are not healthy to be borne by the human body. You can fall ill or develop other ailments related to extreme cold. Hence, it is not a workable solution. To make the living environment comfortable, you need an air conditioning system.
At Aztil Air Conditioning, we offer commercial refrigeration and air conditioning services. Hence, if you wish to manage the indoor temperature in your office building or set up a chill room in order to cater food and beverages for your staff and customers, our technicians can help. We operate in West Palm Beach, Florida. To book an appointment, call us at +1-888-729-8452. We are open 24/7, so you can call us at your convenience.
Often you will hear statements like, “I switched on the air conditioner, and I caught a cold.” Does that mean that air conditioning can make you sick? Well, that’s what we are going to help you figure out today.
Can The Air Conditioner Make You Sick?
An air conditioner that is well taken care of, that is, maintained regularly and kept clean, will not make either you or your family members sick. Nevertheless, the same cannot be said about a unit that barely ever gets dusted. Germs love closed warm and grimy places. If your air conditioner fulfills these requirements, it will cause bacteria and viruses to proliferate. In turn, it can make the occupants fall ill. Clearly, good health is directly dependent on the hygiene status of the air conditioner.
Can A Cooler Environment Lead To Frequent Colds?
Now let’s come to the statement we hear most often: the cold or running nose is thanks to the AC. One should always stick to the ideal temperature setting recommended by the air experts. If you make it chilly indoors, it will obviously have an ill effect on your health. The idea is to make indoors comfortable and not excessively cold. Creating extreme temperature is inviting trouble. The logic is simple: if you drink chilled water in the summers, you will catch a throat ailment sooner or later. Therefore, you should drink cool water to say hydrated and relaxed. The same reasoning applies to the temperature setting in summers. Make it reasonably cool by lowering the temperature and refrain from creating a very cold ambiance.
Sick Building Syndrome
Many times a dirty and ignored air conditioner results in something called a Sick Building Syndrome. Critical is to note that this is a condition caused by an air conditioner that is not given its due care and cleaning. The occupants of a building suffering from SBS experience discomfort and health ailments when indoors. As soon as they come out, their symptoms reduce and go away on their own. Since naturally ventilated offices do not suffer from this health scare, it is easier and simpler to blame the air conditioner for the woes. What one does not realize is that having an air conditioner does not mean you ignore its existence as long as it provides cooling. Sadly, that is what we choose to do.
Even if the building’s unhygienic conditions are of our own making, we still blame the air conditioner.
What Leads To Air Conditioning Sickness?
Air conditioners are not inherently harmful to us. Still, under certain circumstances, they can lead to sickness. Here is how it happens:
1. Lack Of Proper Cleaning In The Building – The air conditioner treats the indoor air and circulates it throughout the building. Therefore, to a large extent, the air quality will determine the health of the building occupants. An office or a closed space that is not cleaned thoroughly naturally becomes a breeding ground for viruses, germs, and bacteria. The air conditioner simply picks up these pathogens from one place and disperses them throughout the structure. So now, the pathogen spread far and wide. Essentially speaking, the unclean and unhygienic conditions actually result in a high concentration of illness-causing microorganisms. The air conditioner was simply an agent in spreading what was already present.
2. Not Changing The Air Filter Or Using The Wrong Kind – Many building managers forget about scheduling the changing of air filters. Over time, the air filters become dirty, so much so that they become completely clogged. When that happens, they are unable to trap the suspended impurities and remove them from circulation. So, the dirty air, laden with dust, mites, and germs, continues to circulate, spreading illness. A small step like ensuring periodic replacement of dirty air filters with new ones will solve the uninvited health problems. Similarly, the air filter should be of the recommended configuration. You can’t replace the old filter with anyone that takes your fancy. To do a proper job, it should be compatible with your air conditioner.
3. Lack Of Proper Humidity Control – Assuming that the air conditioner will keep the humidity in check is wrong. The main job of an AC is to cool the air. Managing humidity is a secondary function. Even then, it can render humidity control only in moderate amounts. If your area routinely has high humidity levels, it would be better to invest in a dehumidifier. Often high humidity provides the best environment for mold to flourish. It is a well-known fact that mold is a health hazard and should never be taken lightly. Therefore, instead of blaming the air conditioner, it is better to understand your environment and employ proper humidity control measures.
To lay the blame entirely at the feet of the air conditioning system for falling sick is not correct. An AC needs care and maintenance. If you refrain from providing that, the cause of sickness is your own negligence. Additionally, you also have to keep your indoors clean and hygienic. When you fulfill these conditions, you will realize no ailment will ever gain a foothold in your premise, residential or commercial. Regular maintenance of the AC will help keep it in tip-top shape. With that being taken care of, you and your employees or family will be able to enjoy comfortable indoors.
If you live in West Palm Beach, Florida, and have not yet scheduled your air conditioning system’s maintenance, don’t ignore it further. The highly skilled team of technicians at Aztil Air Conditioning can ease your burden by providing your heating and cooling system the care that it requires. We provide world-class service at an affordable price. Our prompt and efficient service will never leave you wanting. We are open 24/7, so you can book an appointment at any time. You can reach out to us at +1-888-729-8452. We are looking forward to hearing from you and getting a chance to serve you with our full suite of HVAC services.
During summers staying cool and comfortable is a top priority for everyone. To that effect, one tends to run the AC full blast to make indoors soothing and relaxing. You barely turn it off, fearing the heat will make things unbearable. Nonetheless, you are still not prepared to handle the steep hike in the energy bill. The dilemma is that you want to run the air conditioner for long hours and yet keep the energy consumption low. How’s that possible? Well, it is, and today, that is precisely what we shall be discussing.
How The Air Conditioner Works?
Before telling you about that technology that can keep your energy bills low despite running AC for long hours, let us first have a small glimpse of how the air conditioner works. The AC draws indoor air and passes it over the cold evaporator coil. Here the heat is extracted from the air, and cold air is pushed back indoors.
One can relieve themselves from the scorching heat of the summer months using an inverter AC or a non-inverter AC. The operation itself is pretty standard in both types of air conditioners, but technological advancements have made it possible to save more energy with an inverter AC.
Inverter Air Conditioner
An inverter air conditioner works on inverter technology. It works on the same principle as the accelerator of your car. The faster you want the car to go, the more you press the accelerator and vice-versa. In air conditioners, the inverter technology gives the freedom to manipulate the compressor which is responsible for cooling.
To begin with, when the indoor air is warm, the compressor may work at full speed. Eventually, as the indoor air becomes relatively cooler, there is no need for the compressor to continue working at full capacity. Instead, it adjusts the power supply frequency and lowers the speed at which cooling is provided. In short, an inverter AC can vary the compressor’s power supply frequency to adjust the heating and cooling capacity.
Non-Inverter Air Conditioner
Now let’s talk about the standard air conditioner, which is the non-inverter AC. In these air conditioners, it is not possible to manipulate the speed of the condenser. The condenser always operates at full speed irrespective of the need. Truth be told, when full speed is the only option, there is wastage of electricity.
Typically, when the indoor air has become cool, there is no need for the condenser to operate at full speed. Nevertheless, it still does because there is no inverter to bring about the necessary speed modification.
Advantages Of An Inverter AC
It is not possible to pass judgment over inverter AC or non-inverter AC without studying the pros and cons. Hence, here are the advantages of an inverter AC:
1. Energy-Efficient – Inverter AC is energy-efficient as the compressor does not have to run at full speed always. It can modulate its speed and, consequently, power consumption. You can now run your AC for long hours without worrying about huge power bills.
2. Use Less Power – At a lower speed, an inverter ACs compressor will consume less power. The longer the AC runs, the lesser the power it needs to provide cooling and make the home comfortable. Therefore, it can be safely concluded that with an inverter AC, you will save power.
3. Silent Operation – In an AC, it is the compressor that makes the most sound. Nonetheless, an inverter AC provides almost silent operations due to its low operational speed.
Disadvantage Of An Inverter AC
The main disadvantage of inverter AC is that they are costly. Not only is their initial cost high, but so is the cost of its installation and maintenance. Even its components are expensive to replace. All in all, you need to take into account the cumulative cost while budgeting to purchase it. Having said that, you can recoup your investment in a couple of years through the savings in power bills that it can help achieve.
Advantage Of Non-Inverter AC
There is just one advantage of non-inverter AC, and that is, it is affordable. Its initial cost is low. and so is its installation cost and maintenance cost. The spares are also available for a lesser price. So, it’s a bargain deal.
Disadvantages Of Non-Inverter AC
The main disadvantages of non-inverter AC are:
1. Compressor Runs At Full Speed Only – The compressor of a non-inverter AC always runs at full speed. So, power consumption is always high. This is a wastage of electricity, but there’s nothing you can do about it. Every time the compressor kicks in, it will work only full throttle.
2. Lots Of Wear And Tear – Since the compressor works full throttle only, its components tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear. As a result, these are more prone to developing faults or malfunctioning.
Inverter AC Or Non-Inverter AC – The Verdict
Hands down, the Inverter AC is the winner. Though it has a bigger price tag attached, in the long run, it will more than pay for that hefty investment. These help you save power and lower the electricity bill and also have a longer life span. Hence, you get more years of efficient operations without having to worry about surging energy bills. But of course, if you want to buy an inverter AC make sure you budget for the installation and maintenance expense also as the associated expenditure may come across as an unpleasant surprise.
If you still have any doubts, reach out to the elite team of experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. We shall help to clarify all your queries and concerns. Our team of technicians is knowledgeable with years of experience under their belt. You are sure to gain from their wisdom. We also take care of HVAC installation, repairs, and maintenance. Therefore, when you partner with us, you don’t have to look anywhere else to take care of your heating and cooling system. We are open 24/7, so reach out to us at your convenience at +1-888-729-8452.
You take care of your health because you want to stay fit. To do so, you book timely doctor appointments in which tests are carried out to ensure that everything is as it should be. If an anomaly is detected, treatment is given to bring things back under control. The same care needs to be given to the HVAC system. Preventive HVAC maintenance will keep it working efficiently for many years to come.
Importance Of HVAC Membership Plans
Preventive maintenance of the heating and cooling system is the only way to ensure that it stays in top working order. It is also the reason why HVAC membership plans prove to be valuable. To make the decision easy, here are some reasons why one should invest in a good HVAC membership plan.
1. Convenient – We tend to be forgetful, especially when there are other more pressing matters that need attention. It still does not mean that it’s okay to forget about scheduling the tune-up of your heating and cooling system. Instead, it means that you need to be a bit better organized. This is where an HVAC membership plan will save the day for you. The core coverage in every membership plan is but of course the preventive HVAC maintenance. So now, even if you forget to schedule it, your company will still remember. They will call to confirm the most convenient time and send a technician on-site, which is your home, to take care of it.
Even the most basic HVAC maintenance plan covers two or semi-annual maintenance of the unit in a year. One of these tune-ups will be scheduled for spring and the other during autumn.
2. Proper Tune-Up Is Carried Out – If you want a double guarantee that nothing was left to chance in the tune-up, you should buy an HVAC maintenance plan. Having bought the plan, the HVAC contractor has no more excuse to give for any shortcoming. Since it’s a job performed by their own technician, they have to stand by the job completed. If there are any problems at a later date due to negligence, they will be and can be held answerable.
By no chance are we saying that if you don’t have a membership plan in place, you should be wry of everyone who’s working on your unit. Instead, we are saying that with such a plan, there is no wriggle room left. Hence, now the contractor will exercise due diligence during each scheduled tune-up.
3. Special Discounts – Normally, if one does not have a maintenance plan, they land up bearing the brunt of all repairs. Even a warranty will serve you just a couple of years. If the repair bills are low, it really doesn’t bother anyone. Nevertheless, not everyone is that lucky. Sometimes repairs can be expensive and may hit you hard. Therefore, there are some maintenance plans wherein the expense of repairs is built within the plan’s structure. Obviously, these plans are a bit more expensive but give you more peace of mind.
Similarly, having an HVAC membership plan may make way for special offers and discounts. It works almost like an insurance contract. You get a no-claim bonus on renewal. Thus, if you buy one of the more expensive or all-inclusive HVAC maintenance plans, you may get special discounts on renewal.
Importance Of Preventive Maintenance
We spoke about why it is important to have a preventive HVAC maintenance plan in place. Nonetheless, we still did not tread on why preventive maintenance is essential. That is precisely what we shall cover now. Here are the key benefits of preventive HVAC maintenance:
1. Makes Your HVAC System Reliable – Wear and tear due to long working hours cause damage to the components. Sometimes they overheat and burn, and sometimes they become loose and fall apart. This can cause unexpected interruption of service. So, the heating and cooling system either stops working completely or is unable to make the house as comfortable as before. Preventive maintenance of the HVAC system catches all such budding problems right in their infancy. It makes for a more reliable HVAC system.
2. Increases Its Life – When problems are caught and rectified right when they are just starting out, they are not able to leave a lasting impact on the performance of the HVAC system. A unit that is cared for with diligence will give its owners years of flawless services as compared to those units that barely ever see the light of a tune-up. Therefore, preventive HVAC maintenance will help you get the maximum return for your investment.
3. Lowers The Energy Bills – Did you know that long working hours reduce the HVAC system’s efficiency? Did you also know that you can reclaim some portion of the lost efficiency through a tune-up? If not, now is the time to open your eyes to this fact. Tune-up can help recover a large portion of the lost efficiency. As a result, your energy bills will not always be on a steady rise.
HVAC membership plans are the call of the day. Having one will ensure that your heating and cooling system is well taken care of. You don’t have to bother putting up reminders and sticky notes to remember scheduling the tune-up. The best part is that you still enjoy all the benefits of timely preventive HVAC maintenance.
If you live in West Palm Beach and still have not scheduled your HVAC system’s maintenance, now is the time to do so. Aztil Air Conditioning is a premier HVAC contractor in South Florida that offers a full suite of HVAC services. We also have many lucrative HVAC membership plans to suit all kinds of budgets. We aim to keep you and your home comfortable by giving your HVAC system some tender loving care. We have a 100+ strong team of technicians who are well versed in handling all HVAC-related jobs. The best part is that we are always open, so you can reach out to us at any time at +1-888-729-8452.
An essential part of every HVAC system is the air filter. Sadly, it is also the most ignored part. Since most heating and cooling system problems find their roots in a dirty air filter, we thought it’s time to brush up some basics. So, for those who are completely unaware of the importance of changing the air filter and those who choose to ignore it, this article will make for a good read.
The Work Of An Air Filter
As is clear from the name itself, the air filter purifies the air. Typically, indoor air appears to be clean, but in reality, it is not so. Indoor air is laden with dust, pollen, dander, mold spores, bacteria, viruses, VOCs, etc. The point is, assuming the indoor air to be clean will not make it so. This is where the need for an air filter arises.
An important and integral part of modern HVAC systems is the air filter. When the air passes through the air filter, its fine mesh-like structure captures the suspended particles. This way, the air that re-enters your home is clean and safer to breathe.
Why Changing The Air Filter Is Important?
Think of the air filter as a cloth that you use for dusting. Over time, if you use the same cloth, again and again, it becomes dirty. So dirty that after some time, instead of cleaning the surface, it adds to the already present mess.
In the same manner, continuous use without changing the air filter leads to its clogging. As a result, it is unable to perform the entrusted task of purifying the air. Therefore, it is essential to change the air filters periodically.
What Happens When The Air Filter Becomes Too Dirty?
A dirty air filter is asking for trouble to invade your space. Had the damage been limited to just that, you may still overlook it. Indeed it can even harm your expensive heating and cooling equipment. Here’s what can happen when the air filter is excessively dirty:
1. Decreases The Efficiency – Unrestricted flow of air is critical to maintaining the efficiency of the HVAC system. If the airflow is restricted, it means that the unit is not receiving air in sufficient quantity. A system that cannot breathe freely can obviously not supply treated air as required. A blocked air filter is the main stumbling block. Since your system cannot drawn-in sufficient air, it cannot send out treated air in ample quantities. To provide the same amount of heating and cooling as before, your unit now has to work longer, and even then, it may still fail to do the job to satisfaction. You land up with a bigger energy bill than before without any addition to your comfort.
2. Puts Strain – When the air conditioner and furnace work longer than necessary, it puts unnecessary strain on the unit. The result of this undue pressure is increased wear and tear and overheating of components. The two things might sound like a small inconvenience, but they can lead to bigger problems like unwarranted breakdowns. Your unit becomes unreliable and will malfunction from time to time leading to expensive repair and replacement bills. Therefore, allowing the HVAC system to work under continuous strain is a costly mistake.
3. Can Cause Allergies And Illness – Once the air filter becomes completely blocked, it is unable to draw out the pollutants from the indoor air. As a result, the indoor air quality deteriorates. A family with robust health may not suffer from any serious repercussions. Yet, even the members of such families will fall ill more often than before. Serious repercussions of poor indoor air quality can be felt by those families where elders and infants all live together. Since the immunity of the individuals in this age group is naturally low, their health tends to suffer the most. Therefore, for the well-being of the family and building occupants, it is necessary to change the air filter periodically.
Frequency Of Changing The Air Filter
The recommended period or frequency of changing the air filter is every month. Though if you feel that your air filter looks as if it may still have some life left, we suggest you monitor the situation every couple of days. At the first sign of more dirt clinging to its surface or its color-changing to dirty brown, replace the filter with a clean one.
A critical point to remember is that at no point should you exceed the period of a quarter between two air filter replacements. Even though on the surface it may look clean yet within its mesh are trapped millions of germs. Hence, preferably change the air filter every month, and if that’s too soon, then at least once a quarter.
While Replacing Air Filter Check Manufacturer’s Recommendation For Configuration
While replacing the dirty air filter with a new one, you need to be careful. Check the manual to see what the manufacturer recommends. Buying an air filter with a higher MERV rating than recommended by the manufacturer is a big NO.
If you wish to maintain good air quality indoors and not put your heating and cooling system under any unwarranted pressure, you need to change the air filter. The best practice, which the HVAC contractors and manufacturers also promote, is to replace it monthly.
Aztil Air Conditioning cares about the quality of the air you breathe. We cannot do anything about the air pollution outdoors, but within your residential and commercial building, we can help you create a healthy living environment. We are a family-owned HVAC business, operating successfully in South Florida since 1981. Along with standard HVAC installation, repairs, and maintenance, we also offer air quality solutions. If you wish to discuss the options available to keep your indoor air hygienic, contact us any time at +1-888-729-8452. We are open 24/7 and 365 days a year so feel free to contact us at your convenience. Somebody trained, and experience will always be there to help you.
People everywhere want to save money. The best way to do so, according to most, is by doing away with maintenance or tune-up. If the air conditioning system is working fine, why bother with it and waste money? One can always put that money to good use elsewhere. Seldom do they realize the folly of this misplaced thinking.
Does The Ductless System Need A Tune-Up?
Every machine requires tune-up to keep it in proper working order. Be it an airplane, car, printer, or air conditioner. There are no exceptions to it. If it has been more than six months since your ductless system last had a tune-up, you need to schedule it pronto.
Frequency Of Air Conditioning Maintenance Of A Ductless System
Ductless systems work twice as much as a central heating and cooling system. They provide both heating and cooling, whereas the other system consists of two separate units to fulfill each requirement. Therefore, the requirement of tune-up in a ductless system is also twice that of normal. In short, you need to schedule the maintenance of your ductless system once every six months.
Ignoring the bi-annual maintenance regime will prevent you from enjoying the full range of benefits of your ductless system.
Why Does Ductless System Need A Tune-Up?
A tune-up is essential to keep the heating and cooling system in tip-top shape. It does not mean the beautification of the unit by cleaning it but also ensuring that every component is as it should be and performing its job. Checking the reliability of the system and taking corrective action well in time is the core of air conditioning maintenance. Here is how the job is performed:
1. Tightening Of All Loose Parts – Continuous running can cause screws and wires to come loose. It does not happen all of a sudden. Instead, the process is gradual. The technician tests every component’s stability to make sure that it has not shifted even slightly from its position. If they find wobbling of any part, they investigate to figure out its cause. Thankfully, the culprit is mostly a nut or a bolt that has become free. The technician will tighten these little pests before they can cause further damage to the unit and interrupt its working.
2. Oiling Of Moving Parts – To reduce friction amongst those parts that rub against each other, it is essential to lubricate them. Over time, the lubrication reduces, thereby increasing friction resulting in overheating of parts. Before it vanishes altogether, the grease needs to be reapplied to keep the unit working like a well-oiled machine. The tune-up is the perfect time to gauge the situation and reapply the grease. The timely application will ensure that there is no instance of breakdown due to such an overlooked factor.
3. Cleaning The Signs Of Corrosion – As a part of its working, every air conditioner produces some moisture. This moisture can lead to corrosion of the metallic parts. If the corrosive layer is not cleaned on time, it can eat away the metal resulting in cracks and holes. As some of you must already be aware such damage to the refrigerant line or the evaporator coil is an expensive fix. The most suitable course of action is to check its condition every few months so that the matter does not escalate beyond control. It is this task that forms an essential part of the maintenance routine.
4. Complete Physical Inspection Of The Unit – On the outside, everything may seem fine. It’s inside that the trouble brews. Hence, a physical inspection of the ductless system is crucial from time to time. As a homeowner, your knowledge regarding the internal structure of the ductless AC may be lacking, due to which you may not be able to identify potential problems while still developing. On the other hand, a maintenance technician knows all things that can go wrong and can be identified with a physical inspection. They cover all bases leaving nothing to chance.
The Best Time For Ductless System Maintenance
As we mentioned above, the ductless systems provide both heating and cooling from the same unit. Therefore, their need for maintenance is twice as much. What it means is that its tune-up becomes due every six months.
The best time for ductless system maintenance is just before you switch from heating to cooling and vice-versa. Schedule one maintenance for the day from when you start using the heating system and schedule the next maintenance when you switch back to cooling. Speaking in terms of season, one tune-up is due in spring and the other in fall.
Look For A Good Maintenance Plan
Sometimes the hassle of remembering to schedule a tune-up becomes too much. Mostly because we tend to forget despite all the best intentions. To do away with this headache, one can always buy a good HVAC maintenance plan. Almost all reputed contractors have a few options from which you can choose. Looking at your budget, you can choose a plan that makes things easier for you.
Air conditioning maintenance is necessary for every heating and cooling system, irrespective of its type. It makes the machine reliable, lowers the energy bills, provides efficient heating and cooling, and increases the life of the system. There is no reason good enough to justify the foregoing of a tune-up. The quicker one understands this important fact, the more comfortable they will be, and also be able to get the most from their unit.
Aztil Air Conditioning provides AC maintenance and tune-up service in West Palm Beach, Florida. If it’s been a long time since you last got your unit inspected, schedule an appointment with us today. You can reach out to us at any time at +1-888-729-8452. We can further discuss the maintenance plans if you so wish. We also offer another full range of services that are critical to the well-being of your residential or commercial HVAC system. Keeping your heating and cooling system working happily is our job, and we take it seriously.
Summers are mostly hot and scorching but adding humidity to the mix makes things unbearable. If you thought that high humidity is bad for your health only, here’s another thought for you. It’s equally worse for the air conditioner and other appliances in the home. Were you aware of this fact? If not, this article is a must-read for all of you.
Why Is High Humidity Bad?
Humidity is the presence of moisture in the air. Moderate humidity does not harm anybody and anything. Nevertheless, as it becomes excessive, it becomes a problem that affects both man and machines.
1. Effect On Humans – During summers, we tend to sweat, which evaporates with the air. This keeps our bodies cool. When the humidity is high, there is already sufficient moisture in the air. As a result, instead of evaporating, the sweat stays on the skin. Hence we feel sweaty and clammy, which translates to irritability and lethargy.
2. Effect On Machines – High humidity promotes mold growth inside and around the machines, including the air conditioner. It also quickens the process of corrosion. So even a reliable machine becomes unreliable.
High Humidity Harms The Air Conditioner
Now that you know excessive humidity is a big problem let us discuss in greater detail how it hurts your air conditioner.
1. AC Has To Work Longer And Harder – When the air conditioner runs, it extracts humidity from the air, but that is not its primary function. So, first and foremost, let us bust the myth that the AC will keep humidity in check. At best, it will help lower it, but not necessarily to the safe or healthy level. If you want the AC to lower humidity, your only option is to lower the thermostat’s temperature setting further. The drawback of doing so is that your cooling unit will now have to work longer and harder than necessary. In the absence of a sound dehumidification system, you don’t really have any other option. The excessive strain is not right for the unit, but alas, there is nothing else you can do until you invest in a whole-home dehumidification system.
2. Efficiency Of AC Declines – A cooling unit that works longer than necessary will see a steady decline in its efficiency. Your energy bills will increase, and yet the cooling will not satisfy anybody. It will still seem lacking. This is a sure-shot sign of decreasing efficiency. The AC is caught in a vicious circle of trying to get rid of humidity to cool the air but can only manage that in limited quantities. You lower the temperature further, and now the air conditioner runs longer and is able to extract marginally more moisture, which is nowhere near sufficient. Hence, despite lowering the temperature further, there is no guarantee that the humidity level will fall in the same proportion.
3. More Wear And Tear – Working long hours has its own repercussions on a machine. An air conditioner is no exception. It will undergo extensive wear and tear, due to which the need for frequent repairs and maintenance will arise. The parts will either wear out or become loose. Sometimes the undue strain will also cause overheating of the components, due to which they may spoil and need to be replaced. Needlessly lowering the temperature just to keep the humidity in check is not a good solution. It will only lower the life expectancy of an otherwise good air conditioner.
4. Metallic Parts More Susceptible To Corrosion – Humidity permeates in all nooks and crannies where the air can pass through. Moreover, the air conditioner also produces moisture due to its inherent working. Therefore, the humidity that the cooling system has to deal with is more than normal. The metallic components of the AC are susceptible to corrosion. Excessive moisture will simply speed up the process. Corrosion can lead to holes and cracks, which will affect the unit’s working. Not only will its cooling capability decline, but so can its efficiency. Some damage caused by corrosion is easy to fix, though not all. Hence, the best practice is to ensure that humidity is within the acceptable level in your residential or commercial building.
5. Becomes A Harbor For Pathogens – We tend to assume that since nobody is touching the AC constantly, it is the most hygienic piece of equipment in your space. Rarely do we realize that touching is not always necessary to spread germs. Sometimes they travel through water droplets in the air and settle on surfaces where they proliferate on finding conducive conditions. The AC provides the perfect environment for pathogens to thrive. When the numbers of these micro-organisms increase, they spread far and wide into your breathing space with the circulating air. The pathogens don’t remain contained within the body of the AC. Instead, they circulate throughout the house, spreading illness and allergies.
Food For Thought
The work of an air conditioner is to make the environment comfortable by making the enclosed space cool. In doing so, it may be able to extract some humidity from the air. What one needs to remember is that removing humidity is not its main function. Hence, when the humidity level is high, you need to have a reliable dehumidifier instead of banking on the air conditioner to rise to the occasion. Your air conditioner is for cooling, and a dehumidifier is for getting rid of excess humidity.
If you wish to learn more about whole-home dehumidifiers, please contact the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a family-owned business providing a full suite of HVAC services in West Palm Beach. We also provide air duct cleaning and air quality solutions. When you partner with us, you get prompt, top-quality service at an affordable rate. We have a strong team of technicians who can handle all HVAC problems with minimal disruption of your everyday routine. The safety of your heating and cooling system and your satisfaction are our top priorities. To book an appointment, call us anytime at +1-888-729-8452.
The air conditioner is purchased and is sitting in its crisp new packaging. Phew! One big task over with. What a relief. Now it’s time for installation, but no Tom, Dick, and Harry will do because this process is equally critical. As a homeowner, you have to blankly rely on the expertise of the installation expert since your own knowledge in this regard is insubstantial. So what’s the best you can do? The obvious choice is to choose your HVAC partner wisely so that you can rest assured that they will provide the best air conditioning installation.
5 Tips For Quality Air Conditioning Installation
Everybody desires accurate air conditioning installation as per professional standards in the least amount of time. It is not too much to ask for. Here are five tips that you must pay heed to if you want good quality installation:
1. Choose A Professional HVAC Contractor – The first step in getting good service is to choose a thoroughly professional contractor. You will come across many HVAC contractors who claim to provide excellent service for a throw-away price. Steer clear of them. These people are not professionals. Rather, they are the people who are out to fleece you out of your hard-earned money. They do a shoddy job of installation, which leads to future problems. In short, these low-grade contractors begin the vicious circle of never-ending expensive repairs. Gather reviews from friends and neighbors about their contractors, check the same online and try to partner with one whose office is nearby. A professional contractor will always adhere to the industry standards and hence, will never come cheap. Nevertheless, they make up for the expense by providing world-class, accurate, and efficient service.
2. Ensure The Contractor Is Licensed And Insured – How to weed out the low-grade contractors from the professional ones? The process is quite simple. A professional contractor will always have his license, permit, insurance, and other credentials in order. It is because they are aware that a prospective client has every right to ask for them. Since it is your right as a client to verify the claims of a prospective contractor, you should always ask to see their papers for physical proof. A contractor who tries to shy away from showing proof of their assertions is somebody you should never trust. A reliable HVAC contractor will have the license to work in your state and carry the necessary insurance to keep you and your property safe.
3. Inform The Technician Of Your Needs – At the time of AC installation, if there is some specific requirement of yours, inform about the same to the technician. For example, if you want the outdoor unit not to be placed in a particular area, or having the option to cool a specific area of the house. It will help the technician scope out an alternative location for the condenser unit and divide your home into zones. The idea is to let the technician know your requirements before they begin the actual installation and not in the middle of it or once it is over. That will lead to unnecessary wastage of time and effort. Informing the technician beforehand will save everyone a lot of inconveniences.
4. Do Not Allow Sub-Contractors To Work On The System – You should always partner with an HVAC company that uses its own employees for all services, and that includes installation. Sub-contracting the work does not mean a shoddy job, neither does it guarantee a top-notch job. With an investment as expensive as the air conditioner, one should always aim to get the best service. The only way to guarantee that is by working with those contractors who own the work done by them. Using a sub-contractor is like passing the blame when things go wrong.
4. Buy An Air Conditioner That Suits The Structure Of Your Space – One aspect on which people make the most blunders is choosing an air conditioning unit that suits your house or space’s structure. We are not talking about the size of the AC here. Instead, it is about whether there is pre-existing ductwork or not. If not, have you made provision for this additional expense in case you buy a cooling system that needs ductwork. Realizing this mistake at the time of installation is a major setback. You cannot piece together ductwork from cheap material to cut back on cost. Therefore, always consider the space, discuss with your contractor, and only then buy an air conditioner. If you require air conditioning installation for a new addition in your home, you can opt for a window AC or a mini-split system to do away with the need to extend the ductwork. The quality of air conditioning installation is only as good as your purchase decision.
Choosing a knowledgeable, reliable, and trustworthy HVAC contractor is the surest way to ensure quality air conditioning installation. In short, what you need is a thorough professional and mind you, they don’t come cheap. The cheap ones are those who will put you and your expensive cooling system at risk by performing a sloppy job. Take your time in choosing the right contractor. They will ensure seamless AC installation with minimum downtime. Additionally, you can also purchase maintenance and repair plans to keep your unit working smoothly in all seasons.
Aztil Air Conditioning provides HVAC installation, repairs, and maintenance in West Palm Beach. We also provide other services like air quality solutions and duct cleaning. If you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy HVAC contractor, your search ends with us. We are a family-run business operating since 1981. Our technicians are trained and certified experts with ample experience to carry out an accurate job. With their immense knowledge and expertise, you can rest easy for your heating and cooling system is in care of good hands. We are open 24/7, so you can reach out to us at any time at +1-888-729-8452. We are looking forward to a lasting relationship with you.
Buying a new air conditioner is not as simple as picking whatever takes your fancy. It is a calculated decision based on a lot of pertinent information. If you choose wisely, you will have years of hassle-free comfort. Nevertheless, with the wrong decision, you will be in a financial soup. If the time has come for you to buy a new air conditioner, you should arm yourself with facts before making the crucial choice.
There are several things that one needs to consider before buying a new air conditioner. But before jumping onto that part of the discussion, there is one question that you need to ask yourself, “Are you happy with your current HVAC service provider”? If not, your search for the right air conditioner should begin with finding an HVAC service provider who is reliable and dependable.
Choose A Professional HVAC Contractor
Through the entire process of choosing a new AC, there will be many questions for which you may not have an accurate answer. There will also be times when you will get confused and need gentle steering in the right direction. Also, once the AC has been paid for, you will have to worry about its installation and maintenance. With a professional HVAC contractor, you can rest easy as they will patiently resolve your questions and dilemmas, assist you in making the appropriate decision, and take care of all the post-purchase formalities. Hence, it is crucial to partner with a trustworthy and professional contractor.
You can ask for recommendations and feedback from friends and neighbors. Supplement the information with the contractor’s online reviews and the kind of services they provide. Consider all the data you gather about each. Choose the one that checks all the boxes in your requirements list.
Before Buying A New Air Conditioner Keep In Mind…
1. The Size Of Your Home – There is no free-size of AC, one that fits all homes. The tonnage of the air conditioner depends solely on how big your abode is. Before beginning your search for a suitable AC, it is advisable to know the exact cooling area in your home. The drawback of buying the wrong size AC is that you will never be happy with its working. A small size AC will never be able to cool your home admirably, and a bigger size AC will increase your power bill. What you need is the perfect match. A size that cools suitably and performs efficiently. Getting your home-sized will tell you exactly what size AC is the best for your square footage. Your HVAC contractor can effectively help you figure out the answer.
2. Condition Of The Ducts – If the ductwork in your home is perfect, you can go for a ducted system. Nonetheless, if it is extensively damaged and falling apart, you may want to consider alternatives. One alternative is to get the ducts repaired or replaced, but that will be another expense. If it seems doable, you can proceed with this option and buy a central cooling system. If this alternative appears to put a heftier financial strain on your pocket, you can buy a mini-split system or a window AC to do away with the requirement of ductwork.
3. Type Of System – When buying a new air conditioner, you will be surprised to see the available variety today. It’s not just about deciding whether to stick with a ducted system or go ductless. You can now choose to have a single system that provides both heating and cooling like the heat pumps and the mini-split systems. Each has its own set of pros and cons. Some are costly, and others, even though costly, have a long life. Hence, it’s more a question of what suits you the best in the long run instead of immediate gratification. Seek out all the options available in the market today and narrow down your options based on your budget and requirements.
4. SEER Rating – We all desire the highest level of efficiency with the least possible price tag. Sadly, that is a pipe dream because high-efficiency systems are costly. Therefore, you need to make a compromise. Pay higher and purchase a system with a high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating today and save money by lowering your subsequent energy bills. Or pay lower by buying a low SEER rating AC today and pay more for the power bills later. The SEER rating is the measure of the efficiency of an air conditioner. The higher the SEER rating, The more efficient the AC. One can also take the middle path to get the best of both worlds.
5. Off-Season Discounts – Enticing the customer is always on the company’s or manufacturer’s game plan. To increase sales during the off-season, special discounts are given as an incentive to buy. If you wish to get a good deal, it would be best to line up your new AC purchase during the off-season. This way, you will pay less than what you would have ideally paid had you bought it during the season. Who doesn’t want to save money? We all do. So it does not make you any less if you purchase the AC when others are still using their heater or furnace.
Other Things To Consider Before Buying A New Air Conditioner
1. Always take into account the cost of installation while working out the budget for your new AC.
2. Make a list of all the features that your new AC must-have. As the number of features increases, so does the cost of the AC. The ideal plan is to buy an AC whose features match your list.
If there are any lingering doubts or questions, feel free to contact the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning in West Palm Beach. We shall love to help you make the right decision while buying a new air conditioner for your residential or commercial space. Ours is a family-owned business running successfully since 1981 in South Florida. We provide installations, repairs, and maintenance of all types of heating and cooling systems. Our office is open 24/7, and so you can reach out to us at any time. To book an appointment or simply talk to us, call at +1-888-729-8452.
This new year switching to a smart heating and cooling system is the way to go. Ductless systems happen to be the best, no-fuss option in terms of making any closed space comfortable. It is reliable, energy-efficient, and above all, does away with the headache of installing ducts or maintaining the existing ones. Ideal for heritage homes and buildings, the ductless systems are equally suitable for modern structures. If you are looking for reasons to go ductless in 2021, you are in the right place.
Ductless System West Palm Beach
Ductless systems are also referred to as Mini Split Systems. These units do not require any type of ductwork whatsoever. The individual air handlers installed in each room or zone blow in the treated air to provide heating or cooling.
Essentially, the ductless system consists of an outdoor and an indoor unit. The indoor unit is the air handler, which is wall mounted. It is connected to the outdoor unit via a refrigerant and electrical wiring tube through a roughly 3-inch wide hole in the wall.
Reasons To Go Ductless In 2021
More and more people are upgrading to ductless systems in West Palm Beach and not because they want to try something different. Instead, the reason is rather simple. They are making the transition to benefit from its various advantages.
1. Flexible Installation Options For The Air Handler – The outdoor unit remains the same. No surprises there. It is the indoor unit or the air handler that offers flexible installation options. You don’t have to choose the standard wall mounted air handler if you think it is an eyesore. Instead, you could choose a concealed ceiling cassette or a discreet floor air handler. The ceiling cassette is installed such that it is in line with the roof and does not jut out looking odd or distracting. Similarly, the air handler embedded in the floor is evenly set so that no bumps are protruding from the floor.
2. More Control Over Power Consumption – Central air conditioning and heating systems have one major drawback. They cool or warm the entire home or zone even if there is no need. Some people try to close the vents in areas where they do not want the treated air to enter, assuming that it will save power and make the system work less. This backfires, putting the HVAC unit under strain leading to its overheating. In some cases, it even damages the ducts.
With mini-split systems, you don’t have to undertake such extreme measures. Since it consists of multiple air handlers, one for each room, all you have to do is ensure that only those air handlers are “On” where people occupy space. Keeping the air handlers in the unoccupied room “Off” will prevent unnecessary power consumption on and lower your annual heating and cooling bills.
3. Flexibility To Control Temperature – Those of us who stay with aged parents and teenagers understand how difficult it is to please everyone when it comes to temperature settings. The aged will want it to be a little less cool in summers and a little warmer in winters, while the teenagers will want to try and touch the extreme end of the temperature control spectrum. A ductless system offers the best solution to the dilemma. Since each room has its dedicated air handler, the occupants can choose their own settings. The fight is over even before it gets started.
4. Reduction In Heating And Cooling Costs – Many of us try to lower the heating and cooling costs by compromising comfort. With ductless systems, you don’t have to be so sacrificing any more. What most people don’t realize is that maximum loss of energy takes place through leaky ducts. Once you acknowledge this important fact, you will realize that since the ductless systems have no ducts, there can be no energy loss. It just adds to your savings as the system does not have to work long hours to make the house comfortable. All in all, there is a significant reduction in heating and cooling costs.
5. Special Rebates – Electric companies are now offering special rebates for installing ductless systems. They are doing it to promote the power-saving mindset amongst the masses. It reduces the burden on the utility companies in meeting consumer demand and at the same time offers tremendous savings to the general public. Hence power saving with low heating and cooling costs and on top of that special rebates, what more does one want? It is like getting a sweet deal, which becomes even sweeter at every step of the way.
Wrapping-up Ductless System – West Palm Beach
Convenience and savings are two things every homeowner desires from their heating and cooling system. But alas, you should be willing to pay a high cost to get one of them, and compromising on the other aspect is a given. Not anymore. A ductless system gives its owner both convenience and savings without being too heavy on the pockets. Annual savings on energy bills, improved and personalized comfort all year-round, heating and cooling both by a single machine, easy to install, and rebates are just some of the things that are making the ductless system so popular. If you plan an addition to your home or only look to upgrade your old heating and cooling unit, going ductless will be right up your alley.
For help with a ductless system in West Palm Beach, there’s no need to look beyond Aztil Air Conditioning. As far as services go, we cover everything from HVAC installations, repairs, maintenance, and replacements to offering air quality solutions and cleaning out the ducts. Ours is a family-owned business with a strong team of 100+ professionals who are thoroughly trained and well experienced. We provide world-class services at an affordable cost. Unlike other contractors, we are open 24/7 and 365 days a year. So, we are always there to help you in any emergency. To avail of our services, call at +1-888-729-8452.
The last thing you need on any cold winter day or night is a furnace blowing cold air. It is a definitive sign that something in your heating system is not working as it should. So should you panic? Most definitely not. Several reasons contribute to such a malfunction, but thankfully most of them are not worth losing your sleepover. Rational thinking is what you need at this time. The chances are you can solve the problem yourself or take help from a technician who will carry out some minor repair to rectify the situation.
Without knowing the facts, it can be hard to decipher the problem. Therefore, to make things easier, let us learn about the various reasons that could cause your furnace to blow cold air.
Reasons For Furnace Blowing Cold Air In West Palm Beach – Those You Can Handle
Here are some of the reasons that could result in your furnace blowing cold air in West Palm Beach:
1. The Furnace Is Yet To Become Warm – When you first switch on the furnace, it takes time to heat up or at least warm the air. The fan, however, starts circulating the air immediately. Since the furnace is not yet warm, the air passing through it is cold. Hence, when you switch on the furnace, you will feel cold air, which will become warm gradually. Give your heating system to become warm before assuming that something is wrong. Even after 10 or 15 mins if the air is still cold, you need to look for a fault.
2. Incorrect Thermostat Settings – If the thermostat says cool, how can the furnace provide heat? It needs a signal from the thermostat to initiate the heating process. On its own, the thermostat does not know when to kick in and when to shut off. Therefore, the first thing to check on the thermostat is that it is set on heating with the appropriate temperature setting. If that looks good, check the fan setting. It should be put on “Auto” and not “On.” The “Auto” setting indicates that the fan should start only when the furnace has become warm.
3. Dirty Air Filter – When the air filter becomes caked with dust or dirt, it restricts the flow of air to and from the furnace. Insufficient air to the heating system results in the furnace working long hours. This undue stress can result in overheating of the unit, which, in turn, translates into cold air blowing from the vents. Thus, you should always make it a point to check the condition of the air filter whenever there is any kind of airflow problem.
Other Causes Of Furnace Blowing Cold Air In West Palm Beach – Where You Need Help
Now let’s get down to those reasons where you will need an HVAC contractor’s assistance to correct the problem.
1. Weak Or No Pilot Light – Without ignition, there can be no heat, and without a strong pilot light or flame, there can be no ignition. Check where the pilot light is visible. It should be blue with a yellow tip. If it appears more yellow or is not visible at all, switch off the furnace and call your qualified local technician for help.
2. No Gas Supply – If there is no gas supply, the furnace will not start. There are only three possibilities. One, the gas company has temporarily switched off the supply. Two, someone in your home may have done, it or there is some blockage in the gas line. Therefore, check the gas valve first. It should be in an open position. If it is open, call your gas company to find out whether they have shut the supply. If their response is also negative, contact your trusted HVAC contractor.
3. Blockage In Condensate Line – Modern furnaces have a condensate line that allows flushing out the water that is generated during the heating process. If there is a blockage in the condensate line, it will prevent this water or condensate from draining outdoors. An inbuilt safety switch flips to avoid any damage to the heating unit. It prevents the burners from igniting. Once the blockage is removed from the line, your furnace will once again start working as before.
4. Leaking Ducts – Ducts are prone to developing cracks and holes. It may happen due to age, mishandling of the ducts, or infestation by pests, critters, and rodents. No matter the exact cause, cold air from the crawlspace and attic seeps in from the holes and lowers the temperature of the warm air. Hence, by the time the treated air from the furnace enters your home, it feels cold. You cannot repair the ducts by yourself. To do a proper job, you will first have to get the entire ductwork inspected by a professional. Once through with that, the technician will repair or replace the damaged portions.
To prolong the life of your furnace, you should always see to its maintenance. The annual maintenance will also resolve most problems that could make the furnace blow cold air. Despite that, if it still blows cold air, ensure that the air filters are clean and the thermostat setting is correct. In case that checks out fine, it is best to call your HVAC technician for help.
If your furnace is blowing cold air and you live in West Palm Beach, call the elite team of air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. But before doing that, switch off your furnace to prevent any further damage. Now pick up the phone and call +1-888-729-8452. Our technicians will arrive promptly and take care of the issue. We are a team of well-trained and experienced technicians who can handle any situation thrown their way. When you partner with us, we guarantee complete customer satisfaction and quick resolution. We are open 24/7, and that includes all weekends and holidays so that you can reach out to us at any time. Contact us today to keep your home sung and cozy all winter long.
Many people assume it is the heater that is solely responsible for providing warmth indoors. Rarely do they ever realize that the heating system cannot work on its own unless it has a reliable thermostat to guide it. In the absence of the thermostat, the heater will not know when to kick in and shut off. Therefore, one must never undermine the importance of a thermostat.
As an HVAC contractor, we have come across several occasions when people felt their heater had developed a fault. Instead, the problem was the thermostat. If it’s time for you to buy a new thermostat, it is better to upgrade. By upgrading, we mean buying a Wi-fi or smart thermostat. It will help improve heating in your home and also deliver convenience to control at your fingertips.
Wi-fi Thermostat West Palm Beach
Wi-fi thermostats are also known as smart thermostats. These are programmable, but what makes them unique is the fact that you can control them from anywhere. Yes, you can control them remotely. Your smart thermostat is connected to the home’s internet. So, as long as you have a decent internet connection on your mobile, tablet, or PC, you can program it from anywhere in the world and control your HVAC system.
Improve Heating With Smart Thermostat West Palm Beach
Surely you must be wondering, “how exactly can a Wi-fi thermostat improve your home heat?” Well, here’s how it does that:
1. Program It As Per Your Needs – You can’t keep going back and forth, adjusting the thermostat’s temperature to make indoors comfortable. In fact, there will be many times when you will forget to do so, especially while going out. As a result, either your furnace will continue to heat the home unnecessarily even when nobody is indoors, or it will not heat the home sufficiently because you forgot to crank up the heat when you came back. There is a loss of energy in both situations, which means an expense that an intelligent device could have helped avoid.
With the help of a smart thermostat, you can set a program for the heater to follow. Based on the program settings, the thermostat will signal temperature alterations throughout the day. Even if you forget to change the program setting while leaving the house, you can still do it from the convenience of your car, office, restaurant, or anywhere else. It allows you to make the most of all energy-saving situations.
2. Motion Detectors And Strong Sensors – Smart thermostats are technologically advanced. They have motion detectors and sensors to identify whether the house is occupied or not. In case they sense no movement through the motion detectors and the sensors, they can automatically adjust the temperature to an energy-saving setting. So, even if you have not programmed the thermostat for the impromptu outing, it will still handle the situation beautifully to save maximum energy. It means that a smart thermostat can think and independently adjust the temperature based on what it senses. Non-programmable thermostats don’t have this capability. Needless to say, your home will always be perfectly heated, and you will still be able to make the most of energy-saving occasions.
3. Learning Capability – Wi-fi thermostats learn your habits over a period of time in terms of temperature preferences. It uses this insight to adjust the temperature automatically, even if you don’t program it. One will never feel that the warmth is not as per the expectation with a smart thermostat. Your home is always comfortably cozy without it getting either too hot or too cold. This learning capability comes in handy, as you are likely to realize once you upgrade from your current thermostat to a more sophisticated one.
4. Tracking Energy Usage – Knowing how much energy the heating system uses at different times of the day gives you a better understanding of your power consumption. You can identify when you need to change the temperature settings to garner more energy-savings and still keep the house acceptably warm. Imagine what would happen if this data were not available? Obviously, you wouldn’t be able to recognize the opportunities to save power. In addition, one would continue using the unit without being able to save any money on the utility bills.
5. Remote Accessibility – Yes, we spoke briefly about this feature in the beginning when we learned about the smart or Wi-fi thermostat. This feature is unique as it allows the homeowner to communicate with the thermostat from any remote location in the world. As long as the thermostat is hooked to an active internet connection and you too have the same on your device (smartphone or laptop), you are good to go. Using your smartphone, you can program the thermostat even when you are away. With a smart thermostat, your home will always be ready to receive you in a warm and welcoming manner, no surprises there.
Wrapping-up Wi-fi Thermostat West Palm Beach
Getting a smart thermostat is a wise move that you will be thankful for on numerous occasions. If you think it is hard to program, the good news is that it comes with a couple of presets. You can use these while figuring out your own preferences. Smart thermostats will make your life easy, home comfortable, and still be able to lower your utility bills. This little device will more than pay for itself in the savings that it will help you bring about.
If you want to discuss the options in smart thermostats, contact the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. We shall be glad to answer your queries and help you make the best decision within your budget. Ours is a family-owned business running since 1981 in West Palm Beach. We believe in making long-standing relationships with our clients through top-quality, affordable services. Our technicians can meet all your HVAC requirements like installations, repairs, maintenance, air duct cleaning, and also solutions to improve indoor air quality. Wait no more and call us today at +1-888-729-8452 to book an appointment.
Heating systems are rarely ever completely silent. But that does not mean one should ignore all the sounds coming from it. Where some sounds are normal, all are not. Therefore, every homeowner should pay attention to those sounds that are different from the ones that it usually makes. To make things simple, we shall discuss the abnormal sounds and understand the reason behind them.
At the end of the read, you should be able to identify those noises from the heater that indicate the need for technical help from a qualified technician. If it comes to your notice that your heating system is making any of these noises, contact your local HVAC technician without further delay.
If you are concerned and think your heater in West Palm Beach is making some unusual and odd noise, get in touch with the team of Aztil Air Conditioning.
Heater Noise That Should Raise A Red Flag
If you can differentiate between typical heater noise and the ones that are indicative of trouble, you will be able to save yourself from unnecessary worry and expense. These are some sounds that you should be concerned about:
1. Banging – A loud bang when the heater kicks on is a sign of an ignition issue. In an ideal scenario, the thermostat sends a signal to the furnace to start the heating cycle. At this time, the gas valve opens, and the pilot light ignites the gas simultaneously. When there is a problem with the ignition, some gas builds up inside the combustion chamber. By the time it ignites, there is enough gas within the chamber to create a BANG. This sound travels through the ducts, and you can hear it. Several reasons could lead to ignition problems, for example, dirty burners, weak flame, or low gas pressure.
If you hear a continuous banging sound, it tells you that some component is either broken or loose inside the heater. Similarly, if you hear the banging sound a couple of minutes after the furnace cycles ON and OFF, it tells you that the ductwork is expanding and contracting due to the temperature change.
2. Whistling – The whistling sound is produced when the air is forced to pass through a very narrow space. Hence, it indicates airflow issues. Whistling can be heard if there is an issue with the blower or the burner, the air filters are clogged, there is a blockage in return air ducts, vents and dampers have been closed on purpose or accidentally, etc. In the case of dirty air filters, you can either replace them yourself or call a technician to handle it.
When the cause of whistling is a faulty blower or burner, it is best to let the HVAC technician get to the bottom of it. A trained professional will be careful and rectify the problem without making things worse.
3. Clunking – Clunking sound is easy to identify. It resembles the sound of someone knocking. Usually, when the blower fan gets displaced from its position, it makes this noise. It is actually the sound of the fan blades hitting the walls or some other furnace component. Another possibility is a ripped fab belt, where the torn portion is striking against something else in its path. In either case, an HVAC technician is the most suitable person to solve the problem.
4. Clicking – When the heater’s electronic parts respond to the thermostat signals, they produce a clicking noise. For example, when the thermostat commands the furnace to begin heating, you hear a clicking sound as the heating initiates. In the same manner, you may hear a similar sound when the flame igniter tries to begin the combustion process by lighting the burners. These clicks are all normal and part and parcel of the heater. Nevertheless, if you hear a similar sound when the heater shuts off, you may have to worry about a cracked heat exchanger. A cracked heat exchanger is a dangerous situation, and you should refrain from using the furnace at such a time. Whenever you suspect such trouble, switch off the heating system and call the technician immediately.
Aztil AC provides emergency services round the clock. If you suspect a cracked heat exchanger in your home’s heater in West Palm Beach, immediately call Aztil Air Conditioning for emergency repairs.
5. Squealing – That jaw-jarring sound when metal rubs against metal is the squealing or screeching we are talking about. And that is exactly what produces this noise. The sound can be heard when the displaced fan drags against a metallic component. It could also be a result of a lack of lubrication between moving parts. If you are careful and follow a strict heater maintenance regime, you should not hear this sound. Nevertheless, if you still do, call your contractor for rectification of the issue.
The heating system is like your car. The more you use it, the easier it becomes to distinguish between normal and abnormal sounds. As the system ages, the sounds will also increase by a few decibels, but you will still be able to recognize the strange ones. Squealing, screeching, whistling, banging, and knocking sounds should not be ignored. It is always better to get them checked once by the technician. If he gives a green signal, all’s well. If he says it’s a red flag, seek its repair pronto. Taking care of the heater will ensure that your machine is reliable and will not give you unnecessary trouble. Therefore, see to its proper maintenance. Above all, never ignore any problems. Ignoring them will not make them vanish. Instead, it will come back to bite you in the form of an expensive repair or replacement.
Loud and frightful furnace sounds are enough to disrupt your peaceful night’s sleep. If you are looking for a reliable and affordable contractor for installation, repairs, and maintenance of your heater in West Palm Beach, Aztil Air Conditioning is your destination. We provide world-class services and all within your budget. Our technicians are qualified with ample experience to deliver accurate solutions to your HVAC problems. We are open 24/7, and that means you can always reach out to us irrespective of the time of the day or night. To book an appointment or schedule maintenance, call us at +1-888-729-8452.
The air filter in your air conditioner is not a useless component, as most of you may think. It is a critical component in maintaining indoor air quality. If you happen to be one of those who don’t really care about the type of air you and your family members breathe, yes, it may seem unnecessary. Nonetheless, considering the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, that assumption might be your downfall.
So, have you checked your AC air filter lately? If not, now might be the right time to take matters into your hands and see to its condition. Even though it is a part of the AC, air filters are easy to handle. In fact, most homeowners tend to replace them on their own to maintain healthy air indoors.
Since you are new to the fact that AC air filters need to be checked, let’s begin with the basics. This will help you become more confident in taking care of it whenever there is a requirement.
AC Air Filter – Purpose
The purpose of the air filters is to snare the plethora of pollutants present in the air. It prevents them from coming back into circulation. Hence, the indoor air becomes cleaner and more hygienic. Let’s try to understand it practically. In HVAC systems, the air filters are installed in the “Return Air Ducts.” These ducts pull in the warm indoor air and push it towards the AC for cooling. In the absence of air filters, the return air ducts would pull in air contaminants and all and send it right back indoors after cooling. So, the indoor air quality will constantly deteriorate with no respite in sight.
AC Air Filter – Types
Typically there are two types of air filters. These are:
1. Disposable Air Filters – These air filters are easy to identify as they usually have a cardboard edge. Once dirty, you cannot wash them as the cardboard would disintegrate, and the filter would no longer fit properly. Since they are relatively cheap, it is best to replace them every time.
2. Washable Air Filters – These air filters are much more sturdy. One can use them repeatedly after washing whenever they become dirty. These also happen to be costlier, so care needs to be taken when cleaning them.
AC Air Filter West Palm Beach – When To Change Them?
One of the most confusing aspects of air filters pertains to changing them. When should one change the air filters? If you want to go by the rule of thumb, you should change them every month, like clockwork.
Some of you might say, “My air filters don’t look dirty enough to be changed after a month. Should I still change them”? Well, the answer is, if they are not dirty, you can wait for a few more days. The idea is to find out the time period within which your air filters start looking unclean. So it would be best if you kept a strict eye on their appearance. Once they start looking dirty, change them ASAP. Critical is to remember that you should not wait for them to become wholly clogged because then it will start taking a toll on your cooling system.
AC Air Filter West Palm Beach – Who Should Change Them?
This may surprise some of you, especially when you are repeatedly told not to try any DIY tactics on your air conditioner. The truth is you can change the air filter yourself. There is no rocket science involved. Most air filters are clip-on, sliding, or screw types. If you are not sure how to proceed, you can ask your local HVAC technician to show you how to do it. After that, it’s your choice to either do it yourself or to call a technician.
Important Thing To Keep In Mind While Getting Replacement Air Filters
If you go to the hardware store to buy replacement air filters, don’t buy the ones that take your fancy. You have to be careful in the selection as it needs to match your HVAC system. Look at the label on your existing air filter for relevant information. Your new filters should be of the same size and MERV rating. A lower MERV will reduce the air filter’s capacity to clean the air, and a higher MERV will put your system under strain. Similarly, buying a different size of the air filter will pose a problem in fixing it in the given slot. Hence, it is crucial to ensure that your new air filters are of the same configuration as the old ones.
If you have some doubt regarding the old air filters’ correctness, you should contact your technician to inspect them and give their verdict. In this manner, even if your existing filter is not correct, at least the new ones will be.
Air filters are not worthless. They help keep the air you breathe clean. Therefore, one should always be vigilant in changing them as soon as they appear to get dirty. If left as-is, the filters will get clogged and stop cleaning the indoor air. Also, dirty air filters force your air conditioner to work under pressure, which is not good for its longevity and reliability. Change the filter every month for the best experience.
If you are not comfortable changing or cleaning your AC air filter, feel free to call your friendly neighborhood HVAC technicians at Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a West Palm Beach-based HVAC contractor who offers a full suite of services for your heating and cooling system. Installations, repairs, and maintenance of any brand and make of HVAC system is our forte. We also carry out duct cleaning and offer indoor air quality solutions. Our technicians are well-versed in their jobs and can handle any situation. They have ample on-the-job experience. Hence, you needn’t worry about the safety of your equipment. We even offer emergency services and are always reachable at +1-888-729-8452.
The heart of a good heating and cooling system is the thermostat. It sends a signal to the HVAC unit to begin treating the indoor air. Once the requisite temperature is achieved, it communicates with the system to stop the heating or cooling. When the indoor temperature drops or increases, it starts the cycle all over again. All in all, without a thermostat, you cannot maintain a comfortable indoors as your temperature control system will not know what to do and when to do it. Therefore, one can just not do without a good and reliable thermostat.
Time and again, people ask us whether they need to upgrade their thermostat. We are pretty sure the thought must have crossed your mind as well. Hence, let us concentrate our efforts on figuring out when you need a thermostat upgrade and what to look for in a new thermostat.
You Need A Thermostat Upgrade When…
1. Something Is Wrong With The Current Thermostat – As with other devices, thermostats can also develop faults. Some are easy to rectify, like loose connections, dead batteries, and miscalibration. Yet, there are some problems which make it necessary to replace your thermostat with a new one. Some examples of such issues are an unresponsive thermostat, a long delay in response, wrong temperature reading despite proper calibration, etc.
2. Current Thermostat Is Older Than The HVAC System – Some people replace the heating and cooling system, but not the thermostat. This can lead to a mismatch, making it difficult for your existing thermostat to communicate with the newer and technologically advanced heating and cooling system. Until you upgrade to a thermostat compatible with the system, you will continue to face issues.
3. Your Present Thermostat is Not Programmable – If you wish to get maximum efficiency from your HVAC system, you need a programmable thermostat. A non-programmable thermostat will make you miss most opportunities of saving power. If you do not make the temperature changes manually every time you come in and go out, your system will continue to run as-is without ceasing. This is a sheer wastage of energy.
If your thermostat fulfills anyone or more of the above requirements, it is time for you to upgrade.
Thermostat West Palm Beach – Upgrade Options
Now that you know the time has come to upgrade, it’s the right moment to discuss the various upgrade options you have from which to choose. When we talk about upgrades, it means to get a better model. So you have two options to choose from:
1. Programmable Thermostat – A programmable thermostat is one that you can program to meet your varying temperature requirements throughout the day. If you were using a non-programmable thermostat previously, it’s the right time to buy a programmable one. Unlike your previous thermostat, with a programmable one, you can rest easy. All you need to do is chart out your daily routine and, based on that, program the thermostat to make the temperature changes at specified times. You can also have a secondary program for weekends when you are liable to spend most of your time indoors.
2. WiFi Or Smart Thermostat – A WiFi thermostat is often referred to as a smart thermostat. It, too, is a programmable thermostat. What makes them unique is the fact that one can control them from anywhere as long as they have a good internet connection, both at home and on their tablet, smartphone, or PC. Another USP is its learning feature and sensitive sensors. These allow the thermostat to learn your behavior in terms of temperature preferences. It also adjusts the same even when you fail to change the program.
Thermostat West Palm Beach – Upgrade Benefits
Yes, programmable thermostats make your life easy, as you have garnered from the above description. It’s time to see what other benefits they provide.
1. Energy Savings – A programmable thermostat gives the freedom to set different temperature preferences for different times. It means the heating and cooling system does not have to run as-is. You no longer have to make manual temperature adjustments. You can sit back and relax because the program will take care of it all. Variable temperature settings give you more occasions to save power by reducing energy consumption.
2. Energy Consumption Log – Programmable thermostats store a record of your HVAC system’s energy consumption. You can study this pattern over a period of few days to a month to identify times when you can further lower it by increasing or decreasing the temperature.
3. Vacation Mode – Programmable thermostats have a special vacation mode. It allows you to keep the heating and cooling system running on the least setting with maximum power savings. When on vacay mode, the thermostat maintains a healthy humidity level and optimal temperature indoors in which your possessions will not spoil. No more you have to worry about coming back to a home smelling damp and musty.
Wrapping It Up
Needing a thermostat upgrade is about understanding the shortfalls of your existing one. You will have a better chance at understanding your energy consumption and lowering your power bills with a programmable or a smart thermostat. Each comes with a wide variety of features. The more the features, the costlier the thermostat. Hence, choosing the thermostat should depend on the functionality and features you desire. If you are confused, it is always better to ask for help and recommendations from your HVAC contractor of choice.
If you are ready to upgrade the thermostat in your home, get assistance from the specialists at Aztil Air Conditioning. Ours is a team that consists of trained and experienced technicians. Our experts will determine your need and guide you in choosing the best thermostat within your budget. We also offer a full suite of HVAC services, which includes installation, repairs, maintenance, and replacement of heating and cooling equipment. Additionally, we also offer duct cleaning and indoor air quality solutions. We are a dedicated team of professionals that offers affordable services without compromising on quality. You can reach us at any time at +1-888-729-8452.
There was a time when heating the garage was of the least importance. When you don’t spend enough time there, then why waste time heating it? But as people started using the garage for different activities like pursuing their hobbies, they started spending more and more time there. This was when the need for heating the garage arose. Nonetheless, did you know that the garage also happens to be the place from where maximum outdoor air enters your home? The cold air makes your home cooler, and the hard work of the furnace comes undone. Therefore, the need for a garage heater and also heating repair services.
The Need For Garage Heater
Yes, we are tackling the topic of heating repair services for your garage heater. But before we deal with that part, let’s briefly glimpse why it is necessary and needs to be kept in proper working order.
1. Cold starts can wreak havoc on your vehicle’s engine, specifically the battery. If you want to prevent that, a garage heater will come to your aid.
2. When you work in the garage on your favorite project, the garage heater will keep the space warm and cozy even on the coldest days and nights.
3. We tend to store a lot of stuff in the garage, some of which can be spoilt by freezing temperature. If you want to protect your stored possessions from cold damage, a garage heater is the best solution.
4. If there are pipes going through the garage, a garage heater will prevent their freezing and bursting.
Garage Heater Heating Repair Services West Palm Beach
We just spoke about the various reasons why having a properly working garage heater is necessary. It is important to note that garage heaters are prone to falling into disrepair and developing faults. As a result, they stop working. That leads to all sorts of trouble which you wish to avoid. Thankfully, you can always rely on a good heating repair service for proper resolution when there is a problem. For heating repair services in West Palm Beach, you can call Aztil Air Conditioning.
When To Call Heating Repair Services West Palm Beach
Knowing when to call the heating repair services is necessary. Here is a brief description of problems that you may face while using a garage heater. In all these cases, calling for expert help is the best option.
1. Heater Not Working – If you notice that the heater is not working, first of all, check whether it is plugged into a power source and that its switch is ON. If there is no problem there, check the circuit breaker, it may have tripped and required resetting. Finally, also check if the power supply in your area is on. For all you may know, it may have been cut or suspended temporarily by the power company. Once you have done all these checks and your heater is still not working, call heating repair services.
2. Fan Is Not Working – When the fan is not working, it could be because there is no power supply. Hence, begin by making all the above checks. Thereafter, if all seems to be okay, it means that there could either be some obstruction in the fan preventing the fan from moving. Another possibility is that the motor of the fan may have burned out. Worst case scenario will prompt a motor replacement. This is a job best left for the technician.
3. Fan Is Working, But There Is No Heat – The fan spreads the hot air throughout the garage space. If the air is not warm, it indicates a problem with the heating element. Either it has come loose and needs soldering, or it has burned out and needs replacement. One needs to be careful while replacing the heating element as the new one needs to be of the same wattage and voltage as the original one.
4. Cycles On And Off Repeatedly – When the garage heater turns on and off in rapid succession, it is indicative of an airflow problem or a problem with the control switch. Removing the blockage is easy because the chances are that some drape or equipment has been placed in the path of airflow. A thermostat or control switch will require changing it out.
5. Burning Odor – A plastic-like burning odor in the garage should always be a cause for concern. It means that something within the garage is burning. The chances are that it is a component of the garage heater that is overheating or a short circuit within the unit that is causing the casing of the wires to burn. Both of these situations should be dealt with ASAP. If ignored, they may result in a fire. The best person to get to the root of the problem is a heating repair technician.
A Final Recap
A garage heater is an essential appliance for your garage. It heats this hitherto ignored place and ensures a warm welcome whenever you come back from cold outdoors. Keeping it in top working order depends on how well you care for it. At any time you notice a problem, report it to your qualified local technician. Try not to take matters into your own hands. It may just increase the gravity of the problem. A technician is well-versed in the possible causes and their appropriate solution. Hence, he can rectify the fault in minimal time and accurately.
For heating repair services in West Palm Beach, you need not venture further than your phone. Contact Aztil Air Conditioning at +1-888-729-8452. We are open 24/7 and 365 days a year. Yes, even on holidays you can reach us. We guarantee top-notch and affordable service by trained, certified, and experienced technicians. We offer a wide range of heating and cooling system services, from installation, repairs, and maintenance to duct cleaning and indoor air quality solutions. We value our customers, so always ensure your complete satisfaction. If there is a problem with your garage heater, do not let it fester. Give us a call now, and we shall take care of it promptly.
The importance of a working air conditioner can truly be appreciated by those who live in a hot and humid environment. Whenever there is an AC problem, it disrupts your entire schedule. At such moments one is in dire straits and needs the help of reliable air conditioning repair services. It is important to identify the signs of a fault in time and call for expert help without delay. Thankfully, your air conditioner will not give out on you without first giving enough signals of a developing problem. It is up to you to be observant and catch them as soon as possible.
To make things easier, today, we shall talk about five facts or five symptoms that are indicative of some sort of AC trouble. The only way to make these symptoms or signs go away is by getting the repairs done.
5 Warning Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repair Services
Knowing when to call air conditioning repair services is of prime importance. If you are not sure of something being a bit off about your units, these are the 5 signs that should register on your radar:
1. Sounds That Were Not Heard Before – By now, you are quite aware that the air conditioner is more or less quiet in operation. So, noticing a sound that was not there earlier is easy. The sound would be loud enough to be distracting and jarring enough to become irritating. You could hear a squealing or vibrating sound when some moving part rubs against another component. It could also be a sign of a loose motor or fan belt. Similarly, a banging or clanking sound indicates a broken or loose component. A continuous clicking sound is indicative of a failing thermostat. Therefore, as soon as you register that your AC is making any of these weird sounds, it is the right time to call air conditioning repair services.
2. Dropped Airflow Or Cooling – Another thing to note is a perceptible drop in the airflow or the cooling of the house or the structure. Ideally, if you or anyone else has not changed the thermostat settings, your cooling system should continue to work in the same fashion. That is to say, the closed area should have the same temperature as always. So, if you notice a drop in airflow or an increase in temperature, first check whether the air filters are clean and the vents open. If all seems as it should be, place a call to your HVAC technician. Now is the time when air conditioning repair experts will come to your assistance.
3. Odors – Every building and every home has a unique smell. It usually comprises the cleaning agents used indoors, fragrances used by the occupants, and such. So all odors are not bad. Nevertheless, imagine if the pleasant smell is gone and instead there is horrible and repulsive dirty socks or rotten eggs-like smell. That would be very off-putting. Not only would you not want to be indoors, but it will also disrupt your complete schedule. There are times when the odor may not exactly be a sign of an AC problem. It is because your unit picks up air from inside the closed structure, treats it, and transports it back indoors. Hence, there is a high possibility that it picked up a smell from one corner of the building and spread it throughout. Though, the problem could also be festering in the ducts. Apart from maintaining cleanliness, the only way you can be sure of the source of odor is by calling the air conditioning repair services for a thorough inspection of the HVAC system.
4. Water Puddles – Typically, the air conditioner should not produce any moisture. If you see water puddles or wet spots on the floor below the unit, it should raise a red flag. Wet spots can spoil your floors and furnishings. Furthermore, it can lead to mold growth and also result in a short circuit. All these situations are enough to cause concern, justifying contacting the HVAC repair technician immediately.
5. Thermostat Problems – A thermostat that cannot communicate with the cooling system is a big problem. It is because now the AC will not know when to cool and how much to cool. Thus, even if you set a specific temperature on the thermostat, it will relay the information to the HVAC system incorrectly. Maybe the thermostat needs to be recalibrated, or maybe there is some sensor issue. Whatever be the reason your home no longer feels as comfortable as before. To rectify the situation, you have to call the air conditioning repair experts.
Check To Carry Out Before Calling Air Conditioning Repair Services
Most AC problems result due to ignorance and negligence. Before calling the technician, check the following. It may prevent you from calling them unnecessarily:
1. The HVAC system is plugged into the power source, and its switch is in the ON position.
2. The circuit breaker has not tripped.
3. The thermostat settings have not been changed erroneously.
4. The thermostat batteries are not dead.
5. The vents are open.
6. The air filters are clean.
Air conditioner problems should not be ignored. Instead of making them go away, ignoring them will only make them escalate. It will lead to costly repairs, and if you are too late, it may even render your system dead and useless. Any abnormality should be noticed and reported immediately.
If you live in West Palm Beach and face any AC problem, call the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a full-service HVAC business operating successfully since 1981. Our technicians can even give you valuable guidance and feedback if you are looking to replace your cooling system. With our help, you can make an informed decision that is bound to hold you in good stead. Apart from that, we shall also take care of the installation, repairs, and maintenance of your complete HVAC system. To talk to our experts or to book an appointment, call us at +1-888-729-8452.
The thermostat is a critical component of every HVAC system. It tells the air conditioner and the furnace when to work and how much to work. The variety of thermostats available today all serve the same purpose of making your indoor space comfortable. But there is one more thing that every homeowner or building manager desires, and that is saving money on the heating and cooling bills. So there is an ongoing battle between the old and the new, or rather the traditional (non-programmable) and the modern (programmable) thermostats. By and large, one will find advocates of both. Despite that, today, we wish to decide once and for all which thermostat saves money – the programmable one or the non-programmable one.
Core Difference Between Programmable And Non-Programmable Thermostats
To understand which thermostat can bring about more power saving, you must first understand their core difference. Once the difference is clear, it will be relatively easy to assimilate why one is better than the other.
1. Non-Programmable Thermostat – A non-programmable thermostat is one where the temperature has to be adjusted manually every time. Hence, morning, noon, and night one has to visit the thermostat and change the temperature settings to keep the enclosed area at just the right temperature. The same is the case when you go out. You have to either manually switch off the thermostat or adjust the temperature to the lowest setting. Forgetting to do so means that the unit will keep on as is, even if at the moment it is not required. Unnecessarily running the unit will only mean power consumption where none is needed. Your only option is always to stay vigilant and double-check the thermostat throughout the day and when planning to go out.
2. Programmable Thermostat – Unlike a non-programmable thermostat, one can program the modern programmable thermostat. It allows you to set different temperatures for different times of the day. You can even program it to a minimum setting for the time when nobody is indoors. The most significant advantage of a programmable thermostat is that you need not always go and fiddle with it to change the settings. In short, the programmable thermostat gives more flexibility of operation. The HVAC system doesn’t need to work at a fixed speed or level any longer. It means that you can now save power by avoiding wastage and, in turn, lower the power bills.
Smart Thermostats Are An Even Better Option
Smart thermostats are also a programmable thermostat that grants the users freedom to control the settings remotely. All you need is a smartphone, which everyone has these days and a good internet connection. The smart thermostat is connected to the home or building’s internet connection, which makes for seamless connectivity. Now, even if you forget to program the thermostat for an outing that was impromptu, you can still make the changes remotely.
How Programmable Thermostats Save Money
A programmable thermostat is not a magic box that can turn tricks. It is simply a device equipped with a variety of smart features. These very features give it the capability to help you save money.
1. Show Energy Consumption – One main advantage of using programmable thermostats is that they keep a record of the energy consumed by the heating and cooling system. Using this historical data, you can identify more times when temperature adjustment can help save further costs. Thus, it gives you a chance to accommodate for maximum savings without any adverse compromise on comfort.
2. Smart Thermostats Have Learning Features – Some programmable thermostats have smart learning features, which allow them to study the occupant’s behaviors and suggest an efficient temperature schedule. Using this schedule, one can save more power. Furthermore, smart thermostats can also judge when the home or building is occupied and when not. Accordingly, it can go on power-saving mode automatically. So even if you forget to update the program, the thermostat still takes care of everything.
How Much Money Can You Save Via Programmable Thermostat West Palm Beach
A programmable thermostat can help you save 10% to 30% of the heating and cooling portion of the energy bill. The same is even advised by EPA as well. Let’s simplify the statistics and talk in terms of money. By using a programmable thermostat, an average household can save around $130 every year.
Downside Of Non-Programmable Thermostat
Non-programmable thermostats are sturdy, but they don’t allow you to capitalize on money-saving opportunities. If you forget to turn down the thermostat in winters or turn it up in summers, it will continue working without paying attention to whether anyone is home or not and whether the setting is appropriate for that time of the day.
You Can Get Rebates On Choosing Smart Thermostat West Palm Beach
Smart thermostats help cut a chunk of your energy bills. But the deal becomes sweeter when you realize that some utility companies even offer a rebate to households that have installed smart thermostats. So, enquire about the same from your utility company and make the most of this advantage.
Money-saving with programmable thermostats is all about small wins. You cannot cut down the power bill dramatically, but you can still lower it enough to garner appreciable savings. Admittedly, you may be able to save near the same amount using non-programmable thermostats, but that will take a lot of effort and diligence. A programmable thermostat guarantees fuss-free operations. You program the thermostat once based on your daily routine and, after that let it take over the management of temperature indoors.
Aztil Air Conditioning can help you make the best decision in regards to choosing a programmable thermostat in West Palm Beach. With our help, you can keep your family and employees happy and comfortable all year-round. Choosing a thermostat is no rocket science but choosing the right one is all about making an informed decision. Our technician can guide and assist you in the journey. Our team is also available to cater to your HVAC installation, repairs, and maintenance needs. We provide emergency services and are open 24/7. Hence, contact us anytime at +1-888-729-8452.