The air conditioner is your lifeline in summers. Places, especially like Florida, which predominantly has a hot and wet climate, see extensive wear and tear of air conditioners. Despite routine maintenance, there will come a time when replacing your old AC becomes necessary....
The last thing you need on any cold winter day or night is a furnace blowing cold air. It is a definitive sign that something in your heating system is not working as it should. So should you panic? Most definitely not. Several reasons contribute to such a malfunction, but thankfully most of them are not worth losing your sleepover. Rational thinking is what you need at this time. The chances are you can solve the problem yourself or take help from a technician who will carry out some minor repair to rectify the situation.
Without knowing the facts, it can be hard to decipher the problem. Therefore, to make things easier, let us learn about the various reasons that could cause your furnace to blow cold air.
Reasons For Furnace Blowing Cold Air In West Palm Beach – Those You Can Handle
Here are some of the reasons that could result in your furnace blowing cold air in West Palm Beach:
1. The Furnace Is Yet To Become Warm – When you first switch on the furnace, it takes time to heat up or at least warm the air. The fan, however, starts circulating the air immediately. Since the furnace is not yet warm, the air passing through it is cold. Hence, when you switch on the furnace, you will feel cold air, which will become warm gradually. Give your heating system to become warm before assuming that something is wrong. Even after 10 or 15 mins if the air is still cold, you need to look for a fault.
2. Incorrect Thermostat Settings – If the thermostat says cool, how can the furnace provide heat? It needs a signal from the thermostat to initiate the heating process. On its own, the thermostat does not know when to kick in and when to shut off. Therefore, the first thing to check on the thermostat is that it is set on heating with the appropriate temperature setting. If that looks good, check the fan setting. It should be put on “Auto” and not “On.” The “Auto” setting indicates that the fan should start only when the furnace has become warm.
3. Dirty Air Filter – When the air filter becomes caked with dust or dirt, it restricts the flow of air to and from the furnace. Insufficient air to the heating system results in the furnace working long hours. This undue stress can result in overheating of the unit, which, in turn, translates into cold air blowing from the vents. Thus, you should always make it a point to check the condition of the air filter whenever there is any kind of airflow problem.
Other Causes Of Furnace Blowing Cold Air In West Palm Beach – Where You Need Help
Now let’s get down to those reasons where you will need an HVAC contractor’s assistance to correct the problem.
1. Weak Or No Pilot Light – Without ignition, there can be no heat, and without a strong pilot light or flame, there can be no ignition. Check where the pilot light is visible. It should be blue with a yellow tip. If it appears more yellow or is not visible at all, switch off the furnace and call your qualified local technician for help.
2. No Gas Supply – If there is no gas supply, the furnace will not start. There are only three possibilities. One, the gas company has temporarily switched off the supply. Two, someone in your home may have done, it or there is some blockage in the gas line. Therefore, check the gas valve first. It should be in an open position. If it is open, call your gas company to find out whether they have shut the supply. If their response is also negative, contact your trusted HVAC contractor.
3. Blockage In Condensate Line – Modern furnaces have a condensate line that allows flushing out the water that is generated during the heating process. If there is a blockage in the condensate line, it will prevent this water or condensate from draining outdoors. An inbuilt safety switch flips to avoid any damage to the heating unit. It prevents the burners from igniting. Once the blockage is removed from the line, your furnace will once again start working as before.
4. Leaking Ducts – Ducts are prone to developing cracks and holes. It may happen due to age, mishandling of the ducts, or infestation by pests, critters, and rodents. No matter the exact cause, cold air from the crawlspace and attic seeps in from the holes and lowers the temperature of the warm air. Hence, by the time the treated air from the furnace enters your home, it feels cold. You cannot repair the ducts by yourself. To do a proper job, you will first have to get the entire ductwork inspected by a professional. Once through with that, the technician will repair or replace the damaged portions.
To prolong the life of your furnace, you should always see to its maintenance. The annual maintenance will also resolve most problems that could make the furnace blow cold air. Despite that, if it still blows cold air, ensure that the air filters are clean and the thermostat setting is correct. In case that checks out fine, it is best to call your HVAC technician for help.
If your furnace is blowing cold air and you live in West Palm Beach, call the elite team of air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. But before doing that, switch off your furnace to prevent any further damage. Now pick up the phone and call +1-888-729-8452. Our technicians will arrive promptly and take care of the issue. We are a team of well-trained and experienced technicians who can handle any situation thrown their way. When you partner with us, we guarantee complete customer satisfaction and quick resolution. We are open 24/7, and that includes all weekends and holidays so that you can reach out to us at any time. Contact us today to keep your home sung and cozy all winter long.
Many people assume it is the heater that is solely responsible for providing warmth indoors. Rarely do they ever realize that the heating system cannot work on its own unless it has a reliable thermostat to guide it. In the absence of the thermostat, the heater will not know when to kick in and shut off. Therefore, one must never undermine the importance of a thermostat.
As an HVAC contractor, we have come across several occasions when people felt their heater had developed a fault. Instead, the problem was the thermostat. If it’s time for you to buy a new thermostat, it is better to upgrade. By upgrading, we mean buying a Wi-fi or smart thermostat. It will help improve heating in your home and also deliver convenience to control at your fingertips.
Wi-fi Thermostat West Palm Beach
Wi-fi thermostats are also known as smart thermostats. These are programmable, but what makes them unique is the fact that you can control them from anywhere. Yes, you can control them remotely. Your smart thermostat is connected to the home’s internet. So, as long as you have a decent internet connection on your mobile, tablet, or PC, you can program it from anywhere in the world and control your HVAC system.
Improve Heating With Smart Thermostat West Palm Beach
Surely you must be wondering, “how exactly can a Wi-fi thermostat improve your home heat?” Well, here’s how it does that:
1. Program It As Per Your Needs – You can’t keep going back and forth, adjusting the thermostat’s temperature to make indoors comfortable. In fact, there will be many times when you will forget to do so, especially while going out. As a result, either your furnace will continue to heat the home unnecessarily even when nobody is indoors, or it will not heat the home sufficiently because you forgot to crank up the heat when you came back. There is a loss of energy in both situations, which means an expense that an intelligent device could have helped avoid.
With the help of a smart thermostat, you can set a program for the heater to follow. Based on the program settings, the thermostat will signal temperature alterations throughout the day. Even if you forget to change the program setting while leaving the house, you can still do it from the convenience of your car, office, restaurant, or anywhere else. It allows you to make the most of all energy-saving situations.
2. Motion Detectors And Strong Sensors – Smart thermostats are technologically advanced. They have motion detectors and sensors to identify whether the house is occupied or not. In case they sense no movement through the motion detectors and the sensors, they can automatically adjust the temperature to an energy-saving setting. So, even if you have not programmed the thermostat for the impromptu outing, it will still handle the situation beautifully to save maximum energy. It means that a smart thermostat can think and independently adjust the temperature based on what it senses. Non-programmable thermostats don’t have this capability. Needless to say, your home will always be perfectly heated, and you will still be able to make the most of energy-saving occasions.
3. Learning Capability – Wi-fi thermostats learn your habits over a period of time in terms of temperature preferences. It uses this insight to adjust the temperature automatically, even if you don’t program it. One will never feel that the warmth is not as per the expectation with a smart thermostat. Your home is always comfortably cozy without it getting either too hot or too cold. This learning capability comes in handy, as you are likely to realize once you upgrade from your current thermostat to a more sophisticated one.
4. Tracking Energy Usage – Knowing how much energy the heating system uses at different times of the day gives you a better understanding of your power consumption. You can identify when you need to change the temperature settings to garner more energy-savings and still keep the house acceptably warm. Imagine what would happen if this data were not available? Obviously, you wouldn’t be able to recognize the opportunities to save power. In addition, one would continue using the unit without being able to save any money on the utility bills.
5. Remote Accessibility – Yes, we spoke briefly about this feature in the beginning when we learned about the smart or Wi-fi thermostat. This feature is unique as it allows the homeowner to communicate with the thermostat from any remote location in the world. As long as the thermostat is hooked to an active internet connection and you too have the same on your device (smartphone or laptop), you are good to go. Using your smartphone, you can program the thermostat even when you are away. With a smart thermostat, your home will always be ready to receive you in a warm and welcoming manner, no surprises there.
Wrapping-up Wi-fi Thermostat West Palm Beach
Getting a smart thermostat is a wise move that you will be thankful for on numerous occasions. If you think it is hard to program, the good news is that it comes with a couple of presets. You can use these while figuring out your own preferences. Smart thermostats will make your life easy, home comfortable, and still be able to lower your utility bills. This little device will more than pay for itself in the savings that it will help you bring about.
If you want to discuss the options in smart thermostats, contact the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. We shall be glad to answer your queries and help you make the best decision within your budget. Ours is a family-owned business running since 1981 in West Palm Beach. We believe in making long-standing relationships with our clients through top-quality, affordable services. Our technicians can meet all your HVAC requirements like installations, repairs, maintenance, air duct cleaning, and also solutions to improve indoor air quality. Wait no more and call us today at +1-888-729-8452 to book an appointment.
Heating systems are rarely ever completely silent. But that does not mean one should ignore all the sounds coming from it. Where some sounds are normal, all are not. Therefore, every homeowner should pay attention to those sounds that are different from the ones that it usually makes. To make things simple, we shall discuss the abnormal sounds and understand the reason behind them.
At the end of the read, you should be able to identify those noises from the heater that indicate the need for technical help from a qualified technician. If it comes to your notice that your heating system is making any of these noises, contact your local HVAC technician without further delay.
If you are concerned and think your heater in West Palm Beach is making some unusual and odd noise, get in touch with the team of Aztil Air Conditioning.
Heater Noise That Should Raise A Red Flag
If you can differentiate between typical heater noise and the ones that are indicative of trouble, you will be able to save yourself from unnecessary worry and expense. These are some sounds that you should be concerned about:
1. Banging – A loud bang when the heater kicks on is a sign of an ignition issue. In an ideal scenario, the thermostat sends a signal to the furnace to start the heating cycle. At this time, the gas valve opens, and the pilot light ignites the gas simultaneously. When there is a problem with the ignition, some gas builds up inside the combustion chamber. By the time it ignites, there is enough gas within the chamber to create a BANG. This sound travels through the ducts, and you can hear it. Several reasons could lead to ignition problems, for example, dirty burners, weak flame, or low gas pressure.
If you hear a continuous banging sound, it tells you that some component is either broken or loose inside the heater. Similarly, if you hear the banging sound a couple of minutes after the furnace cycles ON and OFF, it tells you that the ductwork is expanding and contracting due to the temperature change.
2. Whistling – The whistling sound is produced when the air is forced to pass through a very narrow space. Hence, it indicates airflow issues. Whistling can be heard if there is an issue with the blower or the burner, the air filters are clogged, there is a blockage in return air ducts, vents and dampers have been closed on purpose or accidentally, etc. In the case of dirty air filters, you can either replace them yourself or call a technician to handle it.
When the cause of whistling is a faulty blower or burner, it is best to let the HVAC technician get to the bottom of it. A trained professional will be careful and rectify the problem without making things worse.
3. Clunking – Clunking sound is easy to identify. It resembles the sound of someone knocking. Usually, when the blower fan gets displaced from its position, it makes this noise. It is actually the sound of the fan blades hitting the walls or some other furnace component. Another possibility is a ripped fab belt, where the torn portion is striking against something else in its path. In either case, an HVAC technician is the most suitable person to solve the problem.
4. Clicking – When the heater’s electronic parts respond to the thermostat signals, they produce a clicking noise. For example, when the thermostat commands the furnace to begin heating, you hear a clicking sound as the heating initiates. In the same manner, you may hear a similar sound when the flame igniter tries to begin the combustion process by lighting the burners. These clicks are all normal and part and parcel of the heater. Nevertheless, if you hear a similar sound when the heater shuts off, you may have to worry about a cracked heat exchanger. A cracked heat exchanger is a dangerous situation, and you should refrain from using the furnace at such a time. Whenever you suspect such trouble, switch off the heating system and call the technician immediately.
Aztil AC provides emergency services round the clock. If you suspect a cracked heat exchanger in your home’s heater in West Palm Beach, immediately call Aztil Air Conditioning for emergency repairs.
5. Squealing – That jaw-jarring sound when metal rubs against metal is the squealing or screeching we are talking about. And that is exactly what produces this noise. The sound can be heard when the displaced fan drags against a metallic component. It could also be a result of a lack of lubrication between moving parts. If you are careful and follow a strict heater maintenance regime, you should not hear this sound. Nevertheless, if you still do, call your contractor for rectification of the issue.
The heating system is like your car. The more you use it, the easier it becomes to distinguish between normal and abnormal sounds. As the system ages, the sounds will also increase by a few decibels, but you will still be able to recognize the strange ones. Squealing, screeching, whistling, banging, and knocking sounds should not be ignored. It is always better to get them checked once by the technician. If he gives a green signal, all’s well. If he says it’s a red flag, seek its repair pronto. Taking care of the heater will ensure that your machine is reliable and will not give you unnecessary trouble. Therefore, see to its proper maintenance. Above all, never ignore any problems. Ignoring them will not make them vanish. Instead, it will come back to bite you in the form of an expensive repair or replacement.
Loud and frightful furnace sounds are enough to disrupt your peaceful night’s sleep. If you are looking for a reliable and affordable contractor for installation, repairs, and maintenance of your heater in West Palm Beach, Aztil Air Conditioning is your destination. We provide world-class services and all within your budget. Our technicians are qualified with ample experience to deliver accurate solutions to your HVAC problems. We are open 24/7, and that means you can always reach out to us irrespective of the time of the day or night. To book an appointment or schedule maintenance, call us at +1-888-729-8452.
The air filter in your air conditioner is not a useless component, as most of you may think. It is a critical component in maintaining indoor air quality. If you happen to be one of those who don’t really care about the type of air you and your family members breathe, yes, it may seem unnecessary. Nonetheless, considering the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, that assumption might be your downfall.
So, have you checked your AC air filter lately? If not, now might be the right time to take matters into your hands and see to its condition. Even though it is a part of the AC, air filters are easy to handle. In fact, most homeowners tend to replace them on their own to maintain healthy air indoors.
Since you are new to the fact that AC air filters need to be checked, let’s begin with the basics. This will help you become more confident in taking care of it whenever there is a requirement.
AC Air Filter – Purpose
The purpose of the air filters is to snare the plethora of pollutants present in the air. It prevents them from coming back into circulation. Hence, the indoor air becomes cleaner and more hygienic. Let’s try to understand it practically. In HVAC systems, the air filters are installed in the “Return Air Ducts.” These ducts pull in the warm indoor air and push it towards the AC for cooling. In the absence of air filters, the return air ducts would pull in air contaminants and all and send it right back indoors after cooling. So, the indoor air quality will constantly deteriorate with no respite in sight.
AC Air Filter – Types
Typically there are two types of air filters. These are:
1. Disposable Air Filters – These air filters are easy to identify as they usually have a cardboard edge. Once dirty, you cannot wash them as the cardboard would disintegrate, and the filter would no longer fit properly. Since they are relatively cheap, it is best to replace them every time.
2. Washable Air Filters – These air filters are much more sturdy. One can use them repeatedly after washing whenever they become dirty. These also happen to be costlier, so care needs to be taken when cleaning them.
AC Air Filter West Palm Beach – When To Change Them?
One of the most confusing aspects of air filters pertains to changing them. When should one change the air filters? If you want to go by the rule of thumb, you should change them every month, like clockwork.
Some of you might say, “My air filters don’t look dirty enough to be changed after a month. Should I still change them”? Well, the answer is, if they are not dirty, you can wait for a few more days. The idea is to find out the time period within which your air filters start looking unclean. So it would be best if you kept a strict eye on their appearance. Once they start looking dirty, change them ASAP. Critical is to remember that you should not wait for them to become wholly clogged because then it will start taking a toll on your cooling system.
AC Air Filter West Palm Beach – Who Should Change Them?
This may surprise some of you, especially when you are repeatedly told not to try any DIY tactics on your air conditioner. The truth is you can change the air filter yourself. There is no rocket science involved. Most air filters are clip-on, sliding, or screw types. If you are not sure how to proceed, you can ask your local HVAC technician to show you how to do it. After that, it’s your choice to either do it yourself or to call a technician.
Important Thing To Keep In Mind While Getting Replacement Air Filters
If you go to the hardware store to buy replacement air filters, don’t buy the ones that take your fancy. You have to be careful in the selection as it needs to match your HVAC system. Look at the label on your existing air filter for relevant information. Your new filters should be of the same size and MERV rating. A lower MERV will reduce the air filter’s capacity to clean the air, and a higher MERV will put your system under strain. Similarly, buying a different size of the air filter will pose a problem in fixing it in the given slot. Hence, it is crucial to ensure that your new air filters are of the same configuration as the old ones.
If you have some doubt regarding the old air filters’ correctness, you should contact your technician to inspect them and give their verdict. In this manner, even if your existing filter is not correct, at least the new ones will be.
Air filters are not worthless. They help keep the air you breathe clean. Therefore, one should always be vigilant in changing them as soon as they appear to get dirty. If left as-is, the filters will get clogged and stop cleaning the indoor air. Also, dirty air filters force your air conditioner to work under pressure, which is not good for its longevity and reliability. Change the filter every month for the best experience.
If you are not comfortable changing or cleaning your AC air filter, feel free to call your friendly neighborhood HVAC technicians at Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a West Palm Beach-based HVAC contractor who offers a full suite of services for your heating and cooling system. Installations, repairs, and maintenance of any brand and make of HVAC system is our forte. We also carry out duct cleaning and offer indoor air quality solutions. Our technicians are well-versed in their jobs and can handle any situation. They have ample on-the-job experience. Hence, you needn’t worry about the safety of your equipment. We even offer emergency services and are always reachable at +1-888-729-8452.
The heart of a good heating and cooling system is the thermostat. It sends a signal to the HVAC unit to begin treating the indoor air. Once the requisite temperature is achieved, it communicates with the system to stop the heating or cooling. When the indoor temperature drops or increases, it starts the cycle all over again. All in all, without a thermostat, you cannot maintain a comfortable indoors as your temperature control system will not know what to do and when to do it. Therefore, one can just not do without a good and reliable thermostat.
Time and again, people ask us whether they need to upgrade their thermostat. We are pretty sure the thought must have crossed your mind as well. Hence, let us concentrate our efforts on figuring out when you need a thermostat upgrade and what to look for in a new thermostat.
You Need A Thermostat Upgrade When…
1. Something Is Wrong With The Current Thermostat – As with other devices, thermostats can also develop faults. Some are easy to rectify, like loose connections, dead batteries, and miscalibration. Yet, there are some problems which make it necessary to replace your thermostat with a new one. Some examples of such issues are an unresponsive thermostat, a long delay in response, wrong temperature reading despite proper calibration, etc.
2. Current Thermostat Is Older Than The HVAC System – Some people replace the heating and cooling system, but not the thermostat. This can lead to a mismatch, making it difficult for your existing thermostat to communicate with the newer and technologically advanced heating and cooling system. Until you upgrade to a thermostat compatible with the system, you will continue to face issues.
3. Your Present Thermostat is Not Programmable – If you wish to get maximum efficiency from your HVAC system, you need a programmable thermostat. A non-programmable thermostat will make you miss most opportunities of saving power. If you do not make the temperature changes manually every time you come in and go out, your system will continue to run as-is without ceasing. This is a sheer wastage of energy.
If your thermostat fulfills anyone or more of the above requirements, it is time for you to upgrade.
Thermostat West Palm Beach – Upgrade Options
Now that you know the time has come to upgrade, it’s the right moment to discuss the various upgrade options you have from which to choose. When we talk about upgrades, it means to get a better model. So you have two options to choose from:
1. Programmable Thermostat – A programmable thermostat is one that you can program to meet your varying temperature requirements throughout the day. If you were using a non-programmable thermostat previously, it’s the right time to buy a programmable one. Unlike your previous thermostat, with a programmable one, you can rest easy. All you need to do is chart out your daily routine and, based on that, program the thermostat to make the temperature changes at specified times. You can also have a secondary program for weekends when you are liable to spend most of your time indoors.
2. WiFi Or Smart Thermostat – A WiFi thermostat is often referred to as a smart thermostat. It, too, is a programmable thermostat. What makes them unique is the fact that one can control them from anywhere as long as they have a good internet connection, both at home and on their tablet, smartphone, or PC. Another USP is its learning feature and sensitive sensors. These allow the thermostat to learn your behavior in terms of temperature preferences. It also adjusts the same even when you fail to change the program.
Thermostat West Palm Beach – Upgrade Benefits
Yes, programmable thermostats make your life easy, as you have garnered from the above description. It’s time to see what other benefits they provide.
1. Energy Savings – A programmable thermostat gives the freedom to set different temperature preferences for different times. It means the heating and cooling system does not have to run as-is. You no longer have to make manual temperature adjustments. You can sit back and relax because the program will take care of it all. Variable temperature settings give you more occasions to save power by reducing energy consumption.
2. Energy Consumption Log – Programmable thermostats store a record of your HVAC system’s energy consumption. You can study this pattern over a period of few days to a month to identify times when you can further lower it by increasing or decreasing the temperature.
3. Vacation Mode – Programmable thermostats have a special vacation mode. It allows you to keep the heating and cooling system running on the least setting with maximum power savings. When on vacay mode, the thermostat maintains a healthy humidity level and optimal temperature indoors in which your possessions will not spoil. No more you have to worry about coming back to a home smelling damp and musty.
Wrapping It Up
Needing a thermostat upgrade is about understanding the shortfalls of your existing one. You will have a better chance at understanding your energy consumption and lowering your power bills with a programmable or a smart thermostat. Each comes with a wide variety of features. The more the features, the costlier the thermostat. Hence, choosing the thermostat should depend on the functionality and features you desire. If you are confused, it is always better to ask for help and recommendations from your HVAC contractor of choice.
If you are ready to upgrade the thermostat in your home, get assistance from the specialists at Aztil Air Conditioning. Ours is a team that consists of trained and experienced technicians. Our experts will determine your need and guide you in choosing the best thermostat within your budget. We also offer a full suite of HVAC services, which includes installation, repairs, maintenance, and replacement of heating and cooling equipment. Additionally, we also offer duct cleaning and indoor air quality solutions. We are a dedicated team of professionals that offers affordable services without compromising on quality. You can reach us at any time at +1-888-729-8452.
There was a time when heating the garage was of the least importance. When you don’t spend enough time there, then why waste time heating it? But as people started using the garage for different activities like pursuing their hobbies, they started spending more and more time there. This was when the need for heating the garage arose. Nonetheless, did you know that the garage also happens to be the place from where maximum outdoor air enters your home? The cold air makes your home cooler, and the hard work of the furnace comes undone. Therefore, the need for a garage heater and also heating repair services.
The Need For Garage Heater
Yes, we are tackling the topic of heating repair services for your garage heater. But before we deal with that part, let’s briefly glimpse why it is necessary and needs to be kept in proper working order.
1. Cold starts can wreak havoc on your vehicle’s engine, specifically the battery. If you want to prevent that, a garage heater will come to your aid.
2. When you work in the garage on your favorite project, the garage heater will keep the space warm and cozy even on the coldest days and nights.
3. We tend to store a lot of stuff in the garage, some of which can be spoilt by freezing temperature. If you want to protect your stored possessions from cold damage, a garage heater is the best solution.
4. If there are pipes going through the garage, a garage heater will prevent their freezing and bursting.
Garage Heater Heating Repair Services West Palm Beach
We just spoke about the various reasons why having a properly working garage heater is necessary. It is important to note that garage heaters are prone to falling into disrepair and developing faults. As a result, they stop working. That leads to all sorts of trouble which you wish to avoid. Thankfully, you can always rely on a good heating repair service for proper resolution when there is a problem. For heating repair services in West Palm Beach, you can call Aztil Air Conditioning.
When To Call Heating Repair Services West Palm Beach
Knowing when to call the heating repair services is necessary. Here is a brief description of problems that you may face while using a garage heater. In all these cases, calling for expert help is the best option.
1. Heater Not Working – If you notice that the heater is not working, first of all, check whether it is plugged into a power source and that its switch is ON. If there is no problem there, check the circuit breaker, it may have tripped and required resetting. Finally, also check if the power supply in your area is on. For all you may know, it may have been cut or suspended temporarily by the power company. Once you have done all these checks and your heater is still not working, call heating repair services.
2. Fan Is Not Working – When the fan is not working, it could be because there is no power supply. Hence, begin by making all the above checks. Thereafter, if all seems to be okay, it means that there could either be some obstruction in the fan preventing the fan from moving. Another possibility is that the motor of the fan may have burned out. Worst case scenario will prompt a motor replacement. This is a job best left for the technician.
3. Fan Is Working, But There Is No Heat – The fan spreads the hot air throughout the garage space. If the air is not warm, it indicates a problem with the heating element. Either it has come loose and needs soldering, or it has burned out and needs replacement. One needs to be careful while replacing the heating element as the new one needs to be of the same wattage and voltage as the original one.
4. Cycles On And Off Repeatedly – When the garage heater turns on and off in rapid succession, it is indicative of an airflow problem or a problem with the control switch. Removing the blockage is easy because the chances are that some drape or equipment has been placed in the path of airflow. A thermostat or control switch will require changing it out.
5. Burning Odor – A plastic-like burning odor in the garage should always be a cause for concern. It means that something within the garage is burning. The chances are that it is a component of the garage heater that is overheating or a short circuit within the unit that is causing the casing of the wires to burn. Both of these situations should be dealt with ASAP. If ignored, they may result in a fire. The best person to get to the root of the problem is a heating repair technician.
A Final Recap
A garage heater is an essential appliance for your garage. It heats this hitherto ignored place and ensures a warm welcome whenever you come back from cold outdoors. Keeping it in top working order depends on how well you care for it. At any time you notice a problem, report it to your qualified local technician. Try not to take matters into your own hands. It may just increase the gravity of the problem. A technician is well-versed in the possible causes and their appropriate solution. Hence, he can rectify the fault in minimal time and accurately.
For heating repair services in West Palm Beach, you need not venture further than your phone. Contact Aztil Air Conditioning at +1-888-729-8452. We are open 24/7 and 365 days a year. Yes, even on holidays you can reach us. We guarantee top-notch and affordable service by trained, certified, and experienced technicians. We offer a wide range of heating and cooling system services, from installation, repairs, and maintenance to duct cleaning and indoor air quality solutions. We value our customers, so always ensure your complete satisfaction. If there is a problem with your garage heater, do not let it fester. Give us a call now, and we shall take care of it promptly.
The importance of a working air conditioner can truly be appreciated by those who live in a hot and humid environment. Whenever there is an AC problem, it disrupts your entire schedule. At such moments one is in dire straits and needs the help of reliable air conditioning repair services. It is important to identify the signs of a fault in time and call for expert help without delay. Thankfully, your air conditioner will not give out on you without first giving enough signals of a developing problem. It is up to you to be observant and catch them as soon as possible.
To make things easier, today, we shall talk about five facts or five symptoms that are indicative of some sort of AC trouble. The only way to make these symptoms or signs go away is by getting the repairs done.
5 Warning Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repair Services
Knowing when to call air conditioning repair services is of prime importance. If you are not sure of something being a bit off about your units, these are the 5 signs that should register on your radar:
1. Sounds That Were Not Heard Before – By now, you are quite aware that the air conditioner is more or less quiet in operation. So, noticing a sound that was not there earlier is easy. The sound would be loud enough to be distracting and jarring enough to become irritating. You could hear a squealing or vibrating sound when some moving part rubs against another component. It could also be a sign of a loose motor or fan belt. Similarly, a banging or clanking sound indicates a broken or loose component. A continuous clicking sound is indicative of a failing thermostat. Therefore, as soon as you register that your AC is making any of these weird sounds, it is the right time to call air conditioning repair services.
2. Dropped Airflow Or Cooling – Another thing to note is a perceptible drop in the airflow or the cooling of the house or the structure. Ideally, if you or anyone else has not changed the thermostat settings, your cooling system should continue to work in the same fashion. That is to say, the closed area should have the same temperature as always. So, if you notice a drop in airflow or an increase in temperature, first check whether the air filters are clean and the vents open. If all seems as it should be, place a call to your HVAC technician. Now is the time when air conditioning repair experts will come to your assistance.
3. Odors – Every building and every home has a unique smell. It usually comprises the cleaning agents used indoors, fragrances used by the occupants, and such. So all odors are not bad. Nevertheless, imagine if the pleasant smell is gone and instead there is horrible and repulsive dirty socks or rotten eggs-like smell. That would be very off-putting. Not only would you not want to be indoors, but it will also disrupt your complete schedule. There are times when the odor may not exactly be a sign of an AC problem. It is because your unit picks up air from inside the closed structure, treats it, and transports it back indoors. Hence, there is a high possibility that it picked up a smell from one corner of the building and spread it throughout. Though, the problem could also be festering in the ducts. Apart from maintaining cleanliness, the only way you can be sure of the source of odor is by calling the air conditioning repair services for a thorough inspection of the HVAC system.
4. Water Puddles – Typically, the air conditioner should not produce any moisture. If you see water puddles or wet spots on the floor below the unit, it should raise a red flag. Wet spots can spoil your floors and furnishings. Furthermore, it can lead to mold growth and also result in a short circuit. All these situations are enough to cause concern, justifying contacting the HVAC repair technician immediately.
5. Thermostat Problems – A thermostat that cannot communicate with the cooling system is a big problem. It is because now the AC will not know when to cool and how much to cool. Thus, even if you set a specific temperature on the thermostat, it will relay the information to the HVAC system incorrectly. Maybe the thermostat needs to be recalibrated, or maybe there is some sensor issue. Whatever be the reason your home no longer feels as comfortable as before. To rectify the situation, you have to call the air conditioning repair experts.
Check To Carry Out Before Calling Air Conditioning Repair Services
Most AC problems result due to ignorance and negligence. Before calling the technician, check the following. It may prevent you from calling them unnecessarily:
1. The HVAC system is plugged into the power source, and its switch is in the ON position.
2. The circuit breaker has not tripped.
3. The thermostat settings have not been changed erroneously.
4. The thermostat batteries are not dead.
5. The vents are open.
6. The air filters are clean.
Air conditioner problems should not be ignored. Instead of making them go away, ignoring them will only make them escalate. It will lead to costly repairs, and if you are too late, it may even render your system dead and useless. Any abnormality should be noticed and reported immediately.
If you live in West Palm Beach and face any AC problem, call the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a full-service HVAC business operating successfully since 1981. Our technicians can even give you valuable guidance and feedback if you are looking to replace your cooling system. With our help, you can make an informed decision that is bound to hold you in good stead. Apart from that, we shall also take care of the installation, repairs, and maintenance of your complete HVAC system. To talk to our experts or to book an appointment, call us at +1-888-729-8452.
The thermostat is a critical component of every HVAC system. It tells the air conditioner and the furnace when to work and how much to work. The variety of thermostats available today all serve the same purpose of making your indoor space comfortable. But there is one more thing that every homeowner or building manager desires, and that is saving money on the heating and cooling bills. So there is an ongoing battle between the old and the new, or rather the traditional (non-programmable) and the modern (programmable) thermostats. By and large, one will find advocates of both. Despite that, today, we wish to decide once and for all which thermostat saves money – the programmable one or the non-programmable one.
Core Difference Between Programmable And Non-Programmable Thermostats
To understand which thermostat can bring about more power saving, you must first understand their core difference. Once the difference is clear, it will be relatively easy to assimilate why one is better than the other.
1. Non-Programmable Thermostat – A non-programmable thermostat is one where the temperature has to be adjusted manually every time. Hence, morning, noon, and night one has to visit the thermostat and change the temperature settings to keep the enclosed area at just the right temperature. The same is the case when you go out. You have to either manually switch off the thermostat or adjust the temperature to the lowest setting. Forgetting to do so means that the unit will keep on as is, even if at the moment it is not required. Unnecessarily running the unit will only mean power consumption where none is needed. Your only option is always to stay vigilant and double-check the thermostat throughout the day and when planning to go out.
2. Programmable Thermostat – Unlike a non-programmable thermostat, one can program the modern programmable thermostat. It allows you to set different temperatures for different times of the day. You can even program it to a minimum setting for the time when nobody is indoors. The most significant advantage of a programmable thermostat is that you need not always go and fiddle with it to change the settings. In short, the programmable thermostat gives more flexibility of operation. The HVAC system doesn’t need to work at a fixed speed or level any longer. It means that you can now save power by avoiding wastage and, in turn, lower the power bills.
Smart Thermostats Are An Even Better Option
Smart thermostats are also a programmable thermostat that grants the users freedom to control the settings remotely. All you need is a smartphone, which everyone has these days and a good internet connection. The smart thermostat is connected to the home or building’s internet connection, which makes for seamless connectivity. Now, even if you forget to program the thermostat for an outing that was impromptu, you can still make the changes remotely.
How Programmable Thermostats Save Money
A programmable thermostat is not a magic box that can turn tricks. It is simply a device equipped with a variety of smart features. These very features give it the capability to help you save money.
1. Show Energy Consumption – One main advantage of using programmable thermostats is that they keep a record of the energy consumed by the heating and cooling system. Using this historical data, you can identify more times when temperature adjustment can help save further costs. Thus, it gives you a chance to accommodate for maximum savings without any adverse compromise on comfort.
2. Smart Thermostats Have Learning Features – Some programmable thermostats have smart learning features, which allow them to study the occupant’s behaviors and suggest an efficient temperature schedule. Using this schedule, one can save more power. Furthermore, smart thermostats can also judge when the home or building is occupied and when not. Accordingly, it can go on power-saving mode automatically. So even if you forget to update the program, the thermostat still takes care of everything.
How Much Money Can You Save Via Programmable Thermostat West Palm Beach
A programmable thermostat can help you save 10% to 30% of the heating and cooling portion of the energy bill. The same is even advised by EPA as well. Let’s simplify the statistics and talk in terms of money. By using a programmable thermostat, an average household can save around $130 every year.
Downside Of Non-Programmable Thermostat
Non-programmable thermostats are sturdy, but they don’t allow you to capitalize on money-saving opportunities. If you forget to turn down the thermostat in winters or turn it up in summers, it will continue working without paying attention to whether anyone is home or not and whether the setting is appropriate for that time of the day.
You Can Get Rebates On Choosing Smart Thermostat West Palm Beach
Smart thermostats help cut a chunk of your energy bills. But the deal becomes sweeter when you realize that some utility companies even offer a rebate to households that have installed smart thermostats. So, enquire about the same from your utility company and make the most of this advantage.
Money-saving with programmable thermostats is all about small wins. You cannot cut down the power bill dramatically, but you can still lower it enough to garner appreciable savings. Admittedly, you may be able to save near the same amount using non-programmable thermostats, but that will take a lot of effort and diligence. A programmable thermostat guarantees fuss-free operations. You program the thermostat once based on your daily routine and, after that let it take over the management of temperature indoors.
Aztil Air Conditioning can help you make the best decision in regards to choosing a programmable thermostat in West Palm Beach. With our help, you can keep your family and employees happy and comfortable all year-round. Choosing a thermostat is no rocket science but choosing the right one is all about making an informed decision. Our technician can guide and assist you in the journey. Our team is also available to cater to your HVAC installation, repairs, and maintenance needs. We provide emergency services and are open 24/7. Hence, contact us anytime at +1-888-729-8452.
Having breathing issues or coming down with cold and flu more than ever before? Probably now is the time to think when was the last time the ducts in your home were professionally cleaned. It is time you open your eyes to the fact that one does not always carry the germs from outside. Sometimes they are already present in the house. When they circulate in large quantities within your breathing space, falling ill is common. Seldom do people realize that ducts are often a thriving place for illness-causing agents. Therefore, the emphasis is laid on duct cleaning. Our aim is also to enlighten you on how duct cleaning can help your health.
Impact Of Dirty Ducts
Basically, ducts are an extensive network of tubes or pipes that carry air. With moving air, dust, dander, pollens, smoke, allergens, and pathogens also find their way inside the ducts. Sometimes they even settle on the walls of these tubes. Over the years, the build-up increases, and occasionally, these contaminants are picked up by the traversing air and brought back indoors into the breathing space. Inhaling them causes you or the more susceptible family members to fall ill. One may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
2. Skin irritations
3. Breathing problems
Duct Cleaning Can Help Your Health
Professional cleaning of the ducts can help get rid of all the build-ups inside them. Clean ducts mean healthy you, and this is how it happens:
1. Gets Rid Of Dust, Dander & Pollen – A widely known fact is that dust, dander, and pollen are the most common cause of allergies. Though your heating and cooling system’s air filters are made to trap them, yet alone they cannot succeed. Some allergens escape the air filters and settle on the walls of the ducts. When air passes through the ducts, it gets contaminated with them. In turn, it lowers the indoor air quality. To get rid of these impurities, you have to make sure that the ducts are cleaned every couple of years. When the ducts are clean, these allergy-causing agents will not be able to attain a foothold in your home. Hence, if you live with aged parents or young infants, you should be doubly conscious of ensuring duct cleaning as they tend to have low immunity.
2. Removes Pathogens And Mites – Pathogens are those microorganisms that cause illness. They usually thrive in dark and dirty places that are warm and humid. The ducts fulfill all these requirements. The same is true for mites. When they grow in numbers, as is bound to happen when they remain in the ducts, illness is bound to run rampant in your home. Since duct cleaning involves a complete and thorough cleaning of the ducts, it ensures that your home is free of these unwelcome guests. In fact, after the duct cleaning, you will notice that the occupants of the building or home will suddenly enjoy a much better deposition health-wise.
3. Eliminates Mold And Mold Spores – If you notice a dark powdery substance growing around the vents in your building, it means that there is a mold infestation in the ducts. As you all know, this is not a good sign. It is a terrible health hazard. Breathing in air laden with mold spores can cause chronic bronchitis along with a plethora of other ailments. Some molds are also deadly in nature. At the first sign of such trouble, get your ducts cleaned immediately. If any member of the family is not feeling well, seek immediate medical attention. Duct cleaning will help eliminate the mold colonies and make sure that nobody else falls victim to its ill-effects.
The Best Time For Duct Cleaning
Any time is a good time for duct cleaning. If you have moved into a previously lived home, do it as soon as possible. You don’t know if the previous residents’ habits or whether they ever bothered getting the ducts cleaned. There is no point in taking any chances, especially in the face of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. One never knows what is lurking in the ducts. Hence, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
A good duct cleaning regime would involve getting them cleaned by professionals once every five years. Take note that you still change the air filters every month because together, these practices will keep the air you breathe healthy and hygienic.
Who Can Do Duct Cleaning?
Duct cleaning is an activity that requires heavy equipment. The household appliances are sadly lacking in reach and power, and, therefore, they cannot do a proper job of cleaning the ducts. Only a certified HVAC professional can inspect your ductwork and carry out its cleaning. They have huge truck-mounted and powerful vacuum cleaners with long hoses that can go deep into the ducts. Moreover, these professionals are well versed in how delicate the ducts are and so they are meticulous in cleaning them without causing any damage.
Dirty air ducts are an open invitation to health problems. All that is inside the ducts will sooner or later become a part of the air you breathe. Needless to say, allergies will become common, and illness will wait at every corner. It will almost seem like a never-ending cycle of catching one ailment after another. Duct cleaning will bring much-desired relief and give you a break from the vicious cycle of ailments.
Aztil Air Conditioning in West Palm Beach is a one-stop-shop for all your HVAC needs, and that includes duct cleaning. If you wish to schedule an appointment for the inspection and cleaning of ducts, call us at any time at +1-888-729-8452. We are open 24/7 and 365 days a year to cater to your convenience. Providing a world-class service every time is our promise and our trained, certified, and experienced technicians will never let you down. We provide a full range of services for both residential and commercial heating and cooling systems. When in need of expert help, look no further than the elite team of Aztil AC.
Last year, nature got a chance to recuperate due to COVID lockdowns. It translated to a severe winter season, which is still not over. Some of us have remained unaffected, thanks to the dependable furnace, while others are struggling to prevent breakdowns. As the temperature dips, heating troubles start popping. Our relentless need to keep warm and comfortable as most of us wondering how to keep our heating system working in cold weather. Our topic for discussion today is also the same. So without further ado, here are some things that you should follow to keep heating system problems at bay.
Tips On Keeping Your Heating System Working In Winters
1. Change The Air Filters – The air filters’ cleanliness is the most overlooked aspect of basic HVAC maintenance. Changing the air filters is something that the homeowners can perform as a DIY activity. Despite that, they fail to do so out of sheer ignorance or forgetfulness. Every heating and cooling system needs free airflow to and from the system. Dirty or clogged air filters are a hindrance in fulfilling this core requirement. When the airflow is sluggish, it results in additional strain on the heating system. The stress of any kind is not good for either the cooling system or the heating system because it causes rapid wearing down of components and even overheating.
Keeping the air filters clean by changing them every month or quarter, as the need may be, will ensure smooth airflow. It will allow the furnace to work optimally and also maintain good indoor air quality by trapping all suspended impurities.
2. Keep The Vents Open – Some homeowners close the vents in rooms that are not in use. According to them, there is no need to waste energy heating rooms that are not occupied. They assume this practice will help lower the utility bills. Now and then, moving around furniture and appliances can also unknowingly block the vents leading to the same outcome. The problem with closed vents is that it leads to uneven heating.
Additionally, it puts stress on the heater as well. When the vents are closed, pressure builds inside the ducts as the air cannot enter the room. So essentially, the furnace works hard to heat a space that cannot be heated despite all efforts.
Now, let us see what happens when the vents are closed. As mentioned above, it builds pressure in the ducts, leading to cracks and tears in them. Thus, instead of doing any good, this practice will cause more harm.
3. Use The Thermostat Sensibly – The urge to increase the temperature when you come in from outside is immense. You want the house to become warm quickly, and according to you, the best way to do that is by raising the thermostat temperature by a couple of degrees. This is flawed logic. The heater will work in accordance with its capacity. Increasing the temperature will not make it work faster. Instead, it will just make it work longer — long hours of working means more wear and tear and hence, more faults.
If you really care for your comfort and the well-being of the furnace, the best thing to do is to wear a layer of warm clothing indoors. This will allow you to give a break to the heating system by lowering the temperature. Furthermore, when you go out, switch off the system completely. There is no point in running it unnecessarily. It will give your heating system a much-needed and appreciated respite.
4. Schedule Maintenance Timely – A word of wisdom – there is no alternative to maintenance. It is a necessity that keeps the heating unit functioning without annoying disruptions. Yet, time and again, we tend to forget scheduling one. When we remember, we think, why bother when everything seems to be in perfect working order. This is the beginning of your woes. The HVAC unit needs maintenance to minimize the effects of wear and tear. Without maintenance, the worn parts continue to deteriorate rapidly, leading to one problem after another. Therefore, if there are no signs of trouble as yet, you are lucky. Nonetheless, it would not be wise to test your good luck.
Another lesser-known benefit of heating system maintenance or tune-up is that it helps to reclaim a large part of the lost efficiency. If you don’t wish to pay hefty utility bills year after year, take timely action for scheduling maintenance.
5. Quality Insulation Everywhere – Many of us compromise on the insulation quality in places that are rarely accessed, for example, the attic. A commonly known fact is that warm air usually rises to the top, and the top is where the attic is. If the insulation quality in such a critical place is lacking, the warmth from within the house will seep outside. Hence, the temperature indoors will remain cool no matter how efficiently your heater works. Do not ever compromise on the quality of insulation anywhere in the house. If it has to be there, it has to be the best as nothing else will suffice. Poor insulation will only make your system work longer and harder.
And It’s A Wrap
Home is where you desire peace and comfort. A cold house during winters is the last thing you want. So, instead of waiting until the heating system starts giving trouble, take preemptive steps. These are not something new, but the same old things that the HVAC manufacturers and contractors are continuously stressing about. Change the air filters periodically, keep the vents open, use the prescribed temperature settings for each season, ensure timely maintenance, and pay attention to insulation quality throughout the house. These small things will keep your heating system working despite how cold the weather becomes.
If you are experiencing any heating system problems, do not stress unnecessarily. Residents of West Palm Beach can call the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning for help. We are a family-owned business running successfully since 1981. Our technicians are trained to handle all and every kind of furnace problem. With their immense knowledge and experience, your heating system will get a fresh lease of life. Since we are open 24/7, you can call us at any time at +1-888-729-8452 to book an appointment.
Keeping your home and commercial space warm and toasty in winters is the heating system. Since the winter months are long, the heater or the furnace must work continuously to give the desired output. If at such a time the heating system breaks down or stops working completely, it is nothing short of an emergency. The feeling of stress thinking of the unforeseen expense is entirely understandable. To save you from such unexpected situations today, we shall tell you how to avoid a heating system emergency.
To be honest, dodging a heating system emergency is about taking care of small things. Usually, we take them for granted and often overlook them altogether. Remember, these small aspects may save you from a hefty expense and a cold night too.
Avoiding A Heating System Emergency
1. Don’t Delay Maintenance – We all lead busy lives, and in the midst of all that’s going on, you may forget to schedule the maintenance of the heating system. If it happens to you year after year, put multiple reminders so that you don’t forget the next time. The other thing that you could do is buy a maintenance plan that suits your needs. This way, the onus of timely maintenance lies on your contractor.
Now let’s talk about why maintenance is essential. Tune-up or maintenance is all about seeing the wear and tear that the machinery has suffered in the last season and taking steps to eliminate its effects. Most heating systems stop working because of excessive wear and tear. Had timely action been taken, an adverse situation would not have arisen. In maintenance, several activities are performed, all of which are geared towards making your unit more reliable. It involves:
1. Giving the complete unit a thorough cleaning.
2. Tightening the loose nuts and bolts, belts, and cables.
3. Greasing or oiling the moving components to prevent overheating and damage.
4. Checking to ensure that all components are working as they should. It includes an inspection of the gas valve and safety switch.
5. Inspecting the carbon monoxide detector to make sure that it is in proper working order.
6. Checking the functioning of the thermostat.
7. Changing the air filters.
2. Allow Only Professional HVAC Technicians To Work On Your System – Professional HVAC technicians are those who have the license to operate in the state, certification to back their knowledge, experience, and insurance. A contractor who does not meet these requirements is somebody from whom you should steer clear. Never allow a technician without adequate documentation to work on your heating and cooling system. These people are liable to do more harm than good. Above all, correcting their mistakes would be another financial burden on your pocket. Finding a good professional contractor is not very difficult. It requires asking for referrals from family, friends, and neighbors, Gathering feedback about them, and finally, choosing the most appropriate one. Getting the right contractor will cut your chances of a heating system emergency. Their knowledge, experience, and expertise will all come in handy, keeping issues at bay.
3. Do Not Try Your Hand At HVAC Repairs – Every HVAC contractor’s nightmare is getting a call from a client saying that they tried their hands at HVAC repairs, and now the complete system has shut down. Any kind of HVAC repair is the job of an HVAC technician. They are the people who are trained to handle the faults. Your knowledge, experience, and expertise are all limited to a couple of YouTube videos, which, mind you, may themselves be sub-standard, downright inaccurate, and glaringly lacking in decimating complete information. But there is nobody to tell you whether the information you have gleaned from them is right or wrong. Thus, the best practice is to err on the side of caution and call your local HVAC technician for their expert help and opinion.
4. Do Not Ignore Any Sign Of Heating System Malfunction – Typically, heating system problems do not escalate into something significant overnight. These build up slowly, yet steadily. If you pay attention to your furnace, you will notice some signs of trouble. To begin with, they might hardly be noticeable, so they may skip your notice. Nonetheless, with time, the signs become very obvious. At this stage, you can’t help but take note of them. If you still ignore them and do nothing, you should be prepared to deal with a heating system emergency. If you wish to prevent this adverse situation from arising, inform your HVAC technician of the changes or signs you noticed that were not there earlier. The sooner the corrective action is carried out, the better off you are in avoiding an emergency.
5. Avoid Putting Unnecessary Strain On The Heating System – When you come in from outside and switch on the heating, the temptation to increase the temperature beyond the acceptable level is high. You assume that doing so will make the house warm rather quickly. This is nothing but flawed thinking. Increasing the temperature unnecessarily will put the furnace under a lot of strain, which is not good for the unit’s well-being. It is good to give your system a small break from time to time. It does not mean that you have to switch it off, though doing so is advisable if nobody is indoors. Even lowering the temperature a couple of degrees is a good enough break. All you need to do is wear an extra layer of warm clothing, and it’s a win-win situation.
At Aztil Air Conditioning, we can help you take care of your heating system. We are a family-owned HVAC business successfully operating in South Florida since 1981. Our technicians are well-trained and experienced to handle all the needs of your heater or furnace. We even offer 24/7 emergency services, so when you need us, we are there instantly. With our help, you can sit back and enjoy the cozy confines of your home or office. To book an appointment, give us a call at +1-888-729-8452. We are open every day of the week and all through the year. Hence you can call us at your convenience at any time.
If there is one thing, other than personal hygiene, that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought to the forefront, it is the quality of indoor air. Since the time we heard that the SARS-CoV-2 or the coronavirus is airborne, we all want our indoor air to be safe. Being a homeowner, you have more control over the indoor air quality, and there is a lot you can do to improve it further. One such thing is using air purifiers.
In an effort to increase your knowledge about air purifiers today, we shall talk about REME® LED Air Purifiers. As is clear from the name itself, these are air purification systems that help make indoor air clean and hygienic.
What Is REME®
REME stands for Reflective Electro Magnetic Energy technology. This ground-breaking technology uses an electromagnetic energy cell to produce oxidizers like ionized Hydro-Peroxides, Superoxide Ions, and Hydroxide Ions. These oxidizers are made from humidity and oxygen. They return to their original form of hydrogen and oxygen once the oxidation of the pollutant or the contaminant is complete.
REME® Halo Air Purifiers
The REME® Halo Air Purifiers are high-efficiency systems that work in conjunction with your home’s HVAC system. Needless to say, with them you get clean air in your entire home and not just in one room. These can neutralize 99% of bacteria, mold, and viruses through a process of dual ionization.
The REME HALO deactivates the contaminants present in the indoor air with potent oxidizers. It produces ions that charge the particles. As a result, they pull together, forming a bigger mass that is easily captured by the air filter.
REME® LED Air Purifiers
REME® LED is also a whole-home air purification system. It is positioned in the ducts of the HVAC system. Using ions attracts the air pollutants where the UV light destroys them. The REME® LED Air Purifiers are highly effective in keeping the surfaces and indoor air free of pathogens, allergens, and other pollutants. The best thing about them is that they are mercury-free.
Commonalities Between REME® Halo and REME® LED Air Purifiers
For the sake of convenience, here is a list of common factors between REME® Halo and REME® LED Air Purifiers:
1. Both are whole-home air purification systems.
2. Both work with your home’s HVAC system.
3. Both use ionization technology to get rid of pollutants.
4. Both are more energy-efficient as compared to most portable air purification systems.
5. Both are active air purification systems that decontaminate surfaces as well as indoor air.
Benefits Of REME® Halo Air Purifiers
These are a few advantages of REME® Halo Air Purifiers:
1. The HALO works quietly without making any noise.
2. It eliminates the sneeze germs by 99% in merely a three feet distance.
3. It is easy to install and requires low maintenance.
4. It uses an almost similar set of RGF technologies as are available in LED.
5. One can also customize its oxidation plasma output.
6. This system is more readily available as compared to the LED system.
7. It costs less than the LED system.
Benefits Of REME® LED Air Purifiers
Prime advantages of REME® LED Air Purifiers are:
1. It has a replaceable LED cell module that lasts two and a half times longer than similar UV lamp systems.
2. It is designed to turn on and off in sync with the HVAC system.
3. It is easy to clean. Not only does it have automatic self-cleaning ionizers but also a washable catalyst.
4. It is free of both mercury and ozone.
5. It comes with a limited warranty of 4 years on the bulb and 7 years on the ballast.
6. Its improved ZInc Ceramic catalyst makes for better elimination of pathogens.
REME® Halo Or REME® LED Air Purifiers – Which One To Choose?
The type of air purification system you choose depends on your needs.
1. If you own a business where odors are present in the air due to smoke or other VOC’s, you should go for a REME® LED system as they are most effective in removing them.
2. In a healthcare establishment where the prime concern is getting rid of bacteria and viruses, REME® Halo is a better choice.
As is clear from the above two statements, your choice of air purifier should be guided by the purpose you wish to achieve.
REME® Halo Or REME® LED Air Purifiers – The Better Choice
Both REME® Halo and REME® LED Air Purifiers can be used in residential and commercial buildings. They are both powerful and efficient systems that will never leave you wanting. Having said that, here are a few things for you to consider. REME® LED Air Purifiers are low maintenance systems with long-lasting cells. It has an unlimited cycling ability that allows it to work flawlessly with the HVAC system. On the other hand, REME® Halo Air Purifiers are comparatively cheaper and more easily available. Therefore, if it’s a matter of getting the best technology, REME® LED is the better choice. Nevertheless, if it is about a cheaper and reliable option, REME® Halo will save the day for you.
The REME® technology is a force to reckon with. When used in air purification systems, it makes for cleaner and healthier air indoors. Using REME® Halo Or REME® LED Air Purifiers, you can rest assured that the air you breathe is as safe as possible. Finally, the system you choose should depend on what you wish to achieve from the unit.
If you need help assessing which REME® air purifier suits your home or commercial space the best, contact Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a South Florida-based, a family-owned HVAC company that provides air quality solutions along with all the services related to heating and cooling systems. Our technicians are all thorough professionals with years of experience under their belt. Their knowledge and experience will come to your aid in making the best decision for improving indoor air quality. Wait no more. Give us a call today at +1-888-729-8452 to book an appointment.
In the HVAC industry, we often hear people trying to find out which heating and cooling system is the best. Seldom do they realize that the choice varies from household to household depending on their needs. Therefore, today, our aim is not to tell you about the best one. Rather expand your horizons and tell you why going ductless, too, could be the best solution.
The Ductless Systems
Before dealing with why ductless systems may be the right choice for you, let us try to understand what they are. As is clear from the name itself, these units do not require any ductwork to deliver heating and cooling. Often referred to as Mini-Splits or Mini-Split Systems, these make the indoors comfortable using multiple air handlers. Every room has a dedicated air handler from which the treated air enters until the desired temperature is achieved.
The Need For Ductless Systems
Some homes may not have pre-installed ductwork. This is especially true for heritage homes and buildings. Furthermore, installing ducts in an old building is in itself wrought with many difficulties. For once, they were not made keeping in mind that some time in future such work may need to be carried out. Hence, not only will large portions of the wall need to be torn down, but also insulation will also have to be taken care of, making it an over the top expensive project.
Sometimes, even new buildings may not have any ductwork, and your budget may not allow you to install one. Nevertheless, this does not mean that you have to suffer without a viable heating and cooling option. The solution to your problem lies in ductless systems.
Reasons That Make Ductless Systems The Best Solution
If you are looking for reasons to validate your preference for a Mini-Splits System, look no further for here they are:
1. No Need To Install Ducts – The first one is the most obvious. If there is no ductwork or if the existing one is completely ruined and you don’t wish to install a new one, you can still make your indoor space comfortable by fitting a ductless system. Even without ducts, these units do an admirable job keeping your space cool or warm, depending on the season.
2. No Need For Window AC And Space Heaters – Window AC’s are quite big and heavy making it difficult to secure them. Similarly, space heaters are also not considered to be a safe option, especially around kids and pets. Doing away with the need for excessive safety are the ductless units. The air handler is wall-mounted and away from easy reach. It delivers both hot and cold air, so you don’t need different measures for different seasons. This one unit will suffice in maintaining the indoor temperature as you desire.
3. Easy Installation – The condenser unit is installed outdoors as in every HVAC equipment, so there’s nothing new there. The air handler itself is installed high on the wall, closer to the ceiling, keeping it out of the way. Each air handler is connected to the outdoor unit through an approximately 3-inch wide hole in the wall. All in all, the installation is not a complicated process.
4. Superior Efficiency – Mini-Split systems have superior efficiency. You don’t have to take this statement with a grain of salt for it is the absolute truth. These units use the best technology available today in the HVAC industry. They have variable speed compressors that allow for automatic speed adjustments based on the need. Nevertheless, the sophistication does not end here. The ductless units can work with very little power. This is achieved by using inverter technology whereby high-voltage current is converted into DC voltage.
5. Customized Temperature Control – The need for temperature customization if felt the most when you live with aged parents or young children. The elderly do not like very cool temperatures while for children it’s the cooler, the better. When the temperature needs vary drastically in a family, having a ductless system will give them the freedom to set different temperatures for different rooms. This way everybody gets what they want.
6. Flexibility – In any home, all rooms are not in use at the same time. Mini-Splits allow you to switch off the air handlers in the rooms that are not in use, giving one more flexibility over their operations. The main advantage of switching off the heating or cooling in the unoccupied rooms is that it can help you save a lot on your utility bills. Hence, if your aim is to lower power consumption, ductless systems are the best way to achieve it.
7. Quiet Operations – You will barely ever hear any sound from your Mini-Split system. It is because all the main components that are liable to make a sound are housed in the outdoor unit. The window AC on the other hand is relatively noisy and disturbing.
8. Perfect Solution For New Additions – Say you already have a ducted HVAC unit, but you just renovated your house and added a new room. The problem is that with the upgrade the size of your HVAC does not match the size of your home. In such a case a Mini-Split will solve your problem without having to upgrade your existing HVAC unit.
Going Ductless The Best Solution
The hassle of adding ducts is sometimes enough reason to give anyone a terrible headache. If you can get the same results by going ductless, then why not? A ductless unit is efficient, easy to fit, and also gives more flexibility over temperature control. It even allows you to cut down your power bills effectively. All in all, it is a winning solution from which you are bound to benefit.
If you are interested in getting a ductless system for your West Palm Beach home, contact the elite team of experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. We’ll be glad to answer all your queries and concerns. At the same time, we can also assess your home or commercial space and advise you on appropriate air quality solutions. When you partner with us we make your comfort our priority. Along with installations, repairs, and maintenance of the HVAC systems, we also offer 24/7 emergency services. Our office is always open so you can call us at your convenience. We can always be reached at +1-888-729-8452.
In winters, everyone desires “Secure Heating,” the definition of which changes from household to household. For some, secure heating is all about getting the most out of their furnace and paying a low bill at the end of every month. Hence, for them, it stands for “High Efficiency.” For others, secure heating would mean a system that works flawlessly and does not drop bombs in the form of expensive repair bills. So, for them, it’s all about no breakdowns. In the end, all that really matters is getting the right heating specialist or HVAC contractor.
Heating Specialist West Palm Beach
Nobody, and believe us when we say so, that nobody wishes to spend even a single second without heating in winters. They want an immediate solution, which sometimes becomes difficult to do. Please remember, you aren’t the only one who is having furnace problems. There are others as well, some of whom may be in more dire need. Therefore we have to prioritize. Nevertheless, if there is an emergency, the team of Aztil Air Conditioning will be there immediately.
Picking The Right Heating Specialist West Palm Beach
Getting the heating system to work efficiently and flawlessly is all about taking care of it. This is a two-way street. You, as the homeowner, will have to schedule the repairs and maintenance in a timely manner. The contractor, on the other hand, will have to do a thorough job to hold their end of the bargain. Critical here is picking the right HVAC contractor. Thus, here are some conditions that your heating specialist in West Palm Beach must fulfill:
1. Licensed To Operate – Most homeowners barely ever check to determine whether their HVAC contractor is licensed to operate in the state. It is this flaw that is exploited by most scammers. They talk in big technical terms to undermine the customer’s knowledge and then mention a low-ball figure for completing the job. A vital point that we wish to make here is that these so-called HVAC technicians, who are actually scam artists, have neither the license to operate nor insurance to cover any damages.
2. Certified And Experienced Team – Usually, companies or contractors that offer HVAC services have a team of technicians on their payroll. Firstly, these technicians should not only be trained but also certified by NATE. You have every right to ask for and check their credentials. Secondly, we are well aware that some technicians are new and so may lack the necessary experience. In these cases, the new recruit should always have a mentor accompanying him. This way, they will not try and bumble their way through a job and will also not waste a lot of time consulting with the mentor over a phone.
3. Emergency Services 24/7 – Not all heater problems require emergency solutions, but some do. Only when your heating specialist provides emergency services round the clock will you be able to sleep peacefully. This does not mean that it has to be a matter of life and death; only then will the technician come pronto. It means that if your furnace suddenly stops working in the middle of a cold winter night, your contractor has to send someone to assess the situation and rectify the problem immediately. As it is, the issues never see the time of the day. They can happen anytime.
4. Flat Rate For HVAC Problems – Not all heating system problems are one of a kind. Most of them are quite common. As a result, the contractor knows the time-taken to correct it, and the cost of spares required beforehand. So to speak, their experience should have given them sufficient knowledge to have a flat rate system in place for recurring issues. If it seems that they are trying to make it up as they go, beware.
5. Fully Equipped Vehicles – A reliable HVAC contractor will always have fully equipped vehicles at their disposal. If the technician claims not to have the necessary tools or spares on hand to complete the job once they are on-site, it is a sure-shot sign of careless behavior, lack of experience, and probably even knowledge. The aim behind having well-stocked vehicles is to reduce the customer’s downtime. If all the necessary tools and equipment are readily available on hand, the technician can carry out the HVAC installation, repairs, and maintenance efficiently. The job gets finished in one go only, and the client is also happy.
6. Full Maintenance Solutions – The right heating specialist will always have a full maintenance plan from which the customers can choose and make their lives easy. From the very basic to all-inclusive maintenance plans, they offer a variety of options keeping every stratum of clients and prospects in mind. Companies that provide complete maintenance solutions are the ones who will stand behind the work completed by their technicians. These solutions guarantee that the contractor will ensure the proper working of the heater or the furnace. After all, if your system fails to perform or breaks down repeatedly, it will reflect poorly on their reputation. The maintenance solutions also happen to reduce your need for repairs drastically, thereby saving you a ton of money in the long run.
Aztil AC Your Heating Specialist West Palm Beach
When the time comes to choose an appropriate heating specialist, you now know what to look for. To sum up, they must have a license to operate in your area, their technicians should have NATE certification along with the necessary experience, and they should provide emergency services irrespective of the time of the day.
Aztil Air Conditioning in West Palm Beach is your friendly neighborhood heating specialist. When in need of any heating service, call us at +1-888-729-8452. Our team consists of fully trained, experienced, and certified technicians. Our firm belief is that hard work, honesty, and integrity are the key to achieving success. We take our job extremely seriously and do not believe in any short-cuts. When you partner with us, we guarantee prompt action and a full solution. So why wait longer? Call us and schedule an appointment today.
Now that the holiday season is over, it’s time to bring the house back in order and curb the expenses. Putting things to the right will take time, but in doing so, do not forget about your HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) system. At times like these, you may overlook its needs thinking that nothing would happen. Nevertheless, that could be a grave mistake leading to future troubles and malfunctions.
A machine that runs continuously needs routine care. Therefore, to make your job easier, here are our four crucial tips for your HVAC system. Following them will help you save money on needless repairs and create a world of difference in the comfort of your home.
Four Tips You Need To Know For Your HVAC System
Our knowledge, expertise, and experience in the HVAC field are enough to give you faith in our advice. We do not shoot blindly into thin air with our tips. They are all backed by proper reasoning.
1. Always Get Help From Professionals – Unfortunately, you cannot trust all the HVAC contractors. Most have neither the qualification nor the license to practice, let alone any certification. These are the people who often quote extremely low figures to entice the clients. Falling in their trap is bound to increase your HVAC woes. We always advise our clients to get help from certified and experienced technicians. It is your right to ask for documentation from the contractors to prove their tall claims before allowing them to install, service, or repair your heating and cooling system. The other thing is to get professional help on time. To be more precise, follow a strict maintenance schedule for your system, and at the first sign of any trouble, seek immediate help. Do not allow them to fester by ignoring them, as that will just compound the problem and lead to extensive and expensive repairs.
2. Do Not Try To Fix The Problems Yourself – Literally, this is the most frustrating aspect of our profession. Often the client calls up to say that they tried to fix an HVAC problem themselves, and the unit still doesn’t seem to work. When we reached on-site, we discovered that, to begin with, the issue was small, but it worsened due to the DIY activity. So in such cases, our first piece of advice is – Please refrain from trying to fix the problem yourself. The second piece of advice is – If you are still inclined to tackle it yourself, at least call your HVAC technician and find out whether they recommend it or not. If not, do not proceed with the DIY repairs. Please remember you are not an HVAC technician. Hence your knowledge of the subject is limited. You can harm the unit as well as yourself by trying to undertake something that is best addressed by the experts.
3. Change Your Air Filters Regularly – Airflow is a critical aspect of any heating and cooling system’s working. When there is an impediment in the flow of air, your unit will bear its brunt in the form of undue strain and overheating. The most common reason for restricted airflow is the dirty air filters. The air filters trap dust and other particles suspended in the air. Slowly and steadily, its buildup increases. If you fail to change them timely, they become fully clogged, making it difficult for the system to breathe. This situation needs to be avoided at all costs. The only solution is to change the air filters regularly. It is advised that if you stay in an area with poor air quality, you should change your HVAC system’s air filters every month. Else changing them every quarter will suffice.
4. Do Not Close The Vents – One biggest myth that we wish to bust is that closing the vents in the rooms that are not in use will bring you more savings. There is no truth to this claim. Remember, when you bought your HVAC system, it was sized according to your home. At that time, you made no note of closing vents in some of the rooms. What closing vets actually does is disrupt the smooth flow of air into your home. It creates pressure differences and also makes for hot and cold areas within the house. Sometimes, it can also damage the ductwork. All in all, what really happens is that the chances of expensive repairs increases. Therefore, never close the vents intentionally in your home. Now about those times when you do it unintentionally. Getting bored of the same indoor setting and changing things is almost everybody’s vice. Critical to remember in these instances is that you don’t place anything directly in front of the vent.
Some Other Handy Tips For The HVAC System
1. Regular inspection of the ductwork will help catch cracks and holes timely making for efficient HVAC operation.
2. The HVAC system’s outdoor unit should have sufficient breathing space, meaning there should not be any dirt piles or bushes growing around it.
3. Use a smart thermostat to make the most of your HVAC system. It also allows you to control the indoor temperature from anywhere.
4. Ensure that your home is properly insulated. It would be best if you sealed all cracks and gaps in doors and windows.
Rounding Up Our HVAC Advice
There is no shortcut when it comes to taking care of your HVAC system. Turning a blind eye towards it will only increase your woes. The best you can do is schedule its regular maintenance, keep it clean, and leave the rest to the HVAC contractors.
Aztil Air Conditioning is a premier HVAC contractor in West Palm Beach. Specializing in all heating and cooling system services, we are dedicated to making your home as comfortable as possible. HVAC system installations, repairs, maintenance, and air duct cleaning are all carried out by a team of highly trained and experienced technicians. Affordable, world-class service is our promise. To book an appointment, call us at +1-888-729-8452. We are open 24/7 and 365 days a year so call us at your convenience.
The mere thought of replacing both the air conditioner and the furnace at the same time is enough to give anyone the heebie-jeebies. It is a big financial decision where any mistakes would lead to further costs and additional troubles. Due to the financial strain, almost everyone wants to spread the expense so that they don’t have to purchase the two together. Meanwhile, there will be people who will stress the importance of replacing them simultaneously. But who is correct?
Today, we dedicate this article to ending your dilemma. Hopefully, by the time you are through reading, you will know which option suits you the best.
Life Expectancy Of AC And Furnace
An important thing that one needs to keep in mind is the expected lifespan of the air conditioner and the furnace. Typically, the life of AC is between 10 to 15 years, and that of the furnace is between 15 to 20 years. Clearly, the heating system runs longer than the cooling system. So, it would be rare to buy a new air conditioner and furnace together. By the time the life of one ends, the other still has a few more years to go.
Despite it being evident that the furnace runs longer than the AC, some factors make it necessary to replace the two systems together to avoid a mismatch.
Things To Consider When Pondering To Buy A New Air Conditioner And Furnace
Apart from considering the age of your AC and furnace to gauge the life left in them, here are a few other things that you need to contemplate:
1. The Type Of AC You Are Upgrading To – The old air conditioners usually had a single speed, which happened to be the full speed. This was a big drawback whose result was greater power consumption. Modern air conditioners have a variable-speed option. You can now choose to lower the speed to suit the season and needs of your household. In all this, the biggest catch is that the AC uses the furnace blower to move and disperse the air. Therefore, if you wish to utilize your variable-speed AC’s full capability, you should ideally replace the furnace as well.
2. Air Flow Deliverability Of The Furnace – By now, you must have realized that the AC and furnace need to complement each other because they share quite a few components in doing their job. Whenever there is a mismatch, you will not be able to exploit at least one system’s full potential, and the other will work hard to keep up, making for a losing battle in terms of savings and comfort. Your new air conditioner may have a different indoor coil, which will make it essential for the furnace to be of the proper size. Only an HVAC technician can advise you on that based on the static pressure of the system.
3. Difficulty Of Installation – Installations, too, cost a pretty penny. Just because you had your AC installed earlier does not mean that the furnace installation will be free. Nevertheless, if you get both units installed at the same time, you can get a good deal in the form of value-added services or special discounts. If it’s cheaper to get the two units installed simultaneously, it may be a better idea to replace them at the same time.
Benefits Of Buying A New Air Conditioner And Furnace At The Same Time
Now, let’s talk about the advantages of buying a new air conditioner and furnace at once. Replacing both the heating and the cooling system helps you avail the following benefits:
1. Lesser Need For Repairs – When the two systems are mismatched, the inferior one must work harder to keep up with the superior one. Even then, it fails miserably due to outdated technology and massive wear and tear. Often the more vulnerable unit malfunctions and develops faults or snags frequently. This leads to one repair after another with no end in sight until it fails altogether. When the two systems are a perfect match, which will happen when you replace them together, both units will work completely in sync with each other resulting in a lesser need for repairs.
2. Improved Efficiency – Having matched systems means that everything is lined up as it should. It guarantees optimum performance from the cooling system as well as the heating unit. Together they give maximum efficiency, which decreases your annual utility bills and makes your abode more welcoming and comfortable.
3. More Discounts – When you buy two units together, there are high chances of getting a good deal on the final purchase price. Similarly, installing them together will help you save on labor costs, and if you are lucky, you may get a discount on the total installation cost. This makes for a sweet deal, becoming even sweeter.
When Not To Replace The AC And Furnace Together
If your furnace is 10 years old or lesser and in perfect working order, you can overlook replacing it. Since the life expectancy of a well-maintained furnace is almost 20 years, the chances are that you will need to replace it when your currently new AC is also on its last leg of useful product life.
It is always a good idea to buy a new air conditioner and furnace simultaneously. This way, you have a matched set, and the chances of any trouble are minimal. Both will give optimum performance, and you will more than make-up for the additional expense through the annual savings. Having said that, the final decision also rests on the age of your heating system and its technology. Also, you need to work out your finances to know whether the combined deal is affordable or not.
Aztil Air Conditioning recommends replacing the heating and cooling systems together. Though we also understand your need for not following this thinking. It is quite a sizable investment and may not be everybody’s cup of tea. Despite that, we are always at your service to help you make the best decision in line with your financial planning. We believe in customer satisfaction first and foremost, so be assured that our advice will always be to your benefit. As an HVAC company, we aim to help you make your space comfortable and inviting. If you live in West Palm Beach and wish to schedule the installation, repairs, maintenance, or replacement of your HVAC system, give us a call at +1-888-729-8452.
Are you tired of having a bulky and separate system for both heating and cooling? That’s where the heat pump comes to your rescue. We understand that it is an expensive investment, and hence, you want to be completely sure about it. Today, we shall tell you why we consider a heat pump a good solution for both heating and cooling. But before we do that, let us know in brief what exactly is a heat pump and what it does.
Heat Pump West Palm Beach
The heat pump concept isn’t new, but now they are gaining popularity because of their improved efficiency and green impact on the environment. Getting down to the basics, it is a heating and cooling system that works on the principle of transfer of heat. In summers, the heat pump extracts heat from indoors and transfers it outdoors. In winters, it reverses the process and extricates the warmth present outdoors, and moves it indoors.
Reasons Why Heat Pump Is A Good Solution For Heating And Cooling
1. Both Heating And Cooling Via A Single Unit – Traditional heating and cooling systems consist of an air conditioning unit for cooling and a furnace for heating. In contrast, the heat pump brings both functions under one, single and compact, unit. It’s able to deliver dual functionality through a reversing valve, which is nothing but a switch that reverses the refrigerant flow. Being a compact unit, these are best suited for homes that have limited space. Another added advantage is that you just have to look after the maintenance of one unit. Hence, what you get, in turn, are comfort and convenience. Isn’t that precisely what you were looking for in the first place?
2. Gives Considerable Energy Savings – When you buy an air conditioner, you look at its SEER value. SEER is nothing but the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, which is actually a reflection of its efficiency. The higher the SEER value, the more efficient the unit and the lesser the energy consumption. Heat pumps usually have a SEER rating between 13 to 27, which is higher than most domestic air conditioners. Similarly, the HSPF or the Heating Seasonal Performance Factor of the heat pumps ranges between 8 to 13. Needless to say, with a heat pump, you can draw savings of up to nearly 30 to 40 percent, and that comes to quite a considerable amount annually when converted into dollars.
3. Further Savings With Variable Speed Compressor – The modern-day heat pumps have a variable speed compressor. It means that the unit does not work at a single speed, which is full throttle ahead. Rather it alters the speed and adapts itself to the requirement at any given time. In other words, a variable-speed compressor allows the heat pump to adjust the output based on the load requirement, and in doing so, there is no energy wastage. So what you necessarily get is the perfect heating and cooling but with minimal strain on the system. This technology allows you to save nearly 30 to 40 percent on the annual energy cost.
4. Better Humidity Control – The central heating and cooling systems are good in humidity control, but the heat pumps are even better. Statistically speaking, heat pumps can remove 400% more moisture from the air as compared to any other standard systems. They do a superior job of maintaining a healthy humidity level indoors and improve the indoor air quality. As a result, your home becomes a healthy space where pathogens and other microorganisms find it difficult to thrive.
5. 10-Year Warranty – Regular heating and cooling systems usually carry a warranty of 5 years. If you purchase an extended warranty plan, a couple more years are added to it. Unlike that, heat pumps have a manufacturer’s warranty of 10 years. Hence, you get a 10-year unit replacement warranty and a 10-year warranty on parts. Buying an extended warranty plan will give you years of hassle-free operations. No other system is covered so well. At your end, all you need to do is take care of scheduling its regular maintenance so that the warranty stays intact.
Disadvantage Of Heat Pump West Palm Beach
To tell you all the good things about the system and hide its drawbacks is like showing just one side of the coin. Since we believe in imparting complete and correct information, let us take a few mins to figure out its disadvantage. Heat pumps have one big disadvantage, and that is their hefty price tag. These systems are very expensive and a bit difficult to install. Despite that, if you look at the complete picture and take into account the savings that it renders, you will realize that the unit breaks even in a couple of years. After that, you can enjoy the fruits of your wise decision in the form of a nice nest made of energy savings.
Summing Up Benefits Of Heat Pump West Palm Beach
Heat pumps are a revolutionary technology that makes your home comfortable all through the year. These units help you save a big chunk in annual energy bills and reduce your home’s carbon footprint, thereby allowing you to fulfill your environmental duty. If the unit’s capability were to be summarized in a single sentence, we would say that a heat pump gives maximum indoor comfort at the barest minimum price.
At Aztil Air Conditioning in West Palm Beach, Florida, we carry all HVAC products, including heat pumps. We are a one-stop-shop for all heating and cooling needs, taking care of everything from repairs and maintenance to installations and replacements. Our team of technicians consists of fully-trained, certified, and experienced professionals who can handle all aspects of the work. We stand by every job we do and ensure that it is done accurately every time with minimum inconvenience. To that effect, we are open all days of the year, even on holidays and weekends. If you require any of our services, please call us at any time at +1-888-729-8452 to book an appointment. We are always here to serve you.
The holiday season brings with it not just joy and cheer but also some hefty heating bills. With so many comings and goings, it is but natural for the home’s heating system to work overtime to keep your living space cozy and inviting, and so the corresponding increase in energy bills. At such a time, if someone were to tell you that there are ways in which you can keep it minimal, won’t that be simply super? Well, today we are going to do just that. Giving you another reason for cheer, try our ten awesome home heating tricks that will make your abode a cocoon of warmth without any additional expense.
10 Amazing Home Heating Tricks
1. Part The Curtains To Let In Natural Heat And Light – In the mornings, part your curtains to let in natural sunlight. It will add to the feeling of warmth and coziness indoors and provide an alternate source of light so that you don’t have to use the artificial ones. There are other benefits of sunlight as well, so you have nothing to lose. When the sun begins to set, close the curtains as it will add another level of insulation that traps the heat indoors.
2. Wear A Layer Of Warm Clothing – Wearing a layer of warm clothing indoors will do you no harm. In fact, you will be surprised how it reduces your dependency on the heating system. Every degree that you reduce, during winters, on the thermostat will bear fruit in the form of lower energy bills.
3. Move Your Furniture Around – If the place where you usually sit or sleep is away from the source of warm air, try shifting it closer. In doing so, remember the cardinal rule that the furniture, too, would absorb some heat. So the best thing to do is to shift it so that you face the radiator. Similarly, if any furniture is placed directly in front of the heat source, it will block the airflow. Hence, position all things in the house to promote the free flow of air. This little trick will enhance the feeling of warmth in your immediate vicinity and make you feel even more comfortable.
4. Use A Programmable Thermostat – You don’t have to keep a constant temperature setting on the thermostat throughout the day. Usually, days are warm, and you can lower the heat a couple of degrees. While the evenings and nights are cold so cranking up the temperature is called for. At night, when the temperature outdoors dips further, you can use a blanket for additional heat. A programmable thermostat allows you to use a variable temperature setting for different times of the day, and days of the week, without constant manual intervention. This, too, shall garner tremendous power savings as now there is no need for the heating system to always work at full steam.
5. Increase Humidity – Have you ever wondered why you feel hot (more than usual) in summers when the humidity is high? It is because humidity prevents your body from cooling down. For this very reason, increasing the humidity in winters will keep you feeling warmer for the same temperature setting. It allows you to crank down the heat and give your heating system a chance to step down a notch.
6. Use Good Insulation Throughout – Often, we use good quality insulation within the living space of the house. But that excludes the attic or the loft. The basic principle of hot air is that it rises to the top, and the top is where the attic is from which the warm air escapes. If you use poor quality insulation in such a place to save a few dollars, you shall pay for this dearly in terms of increased energy consumption. Therefore, use top-quality insulation throughout the house.
7. Draught Proof The House – Any gaps or cracks in the door, windows, floors, and walls act as sources of the leak. These cracks or crevices may either bring in cold air from outside or act as a source of the leak for the warm air indoors to escape. During the cold months, both scenarios are undesirable. Blocking out the droughts is the only solution. You can either do it yourself or ask your local carpenter to do it for you.
8. Replace The Air Filters – As we mentioned earlier, the free flow of air is important for the proper heating of the house. Dirty air filters act as an impediment to it. They need to be replaced regularly to prevent such happenings. Ideally, you should change them every month and if that’s not possible, then at least every quarter.
9. Use Reflective Panels – Reflective panels are also known as radiator panels. They ensure that the warm air from the radiators warms up the air inside the room and not the walls. These are cheap and quite easy to install, so you can undertake to install them yourself.
10.Annual Maintenance A Must Do – Do not think of annual furnace maintenance as a useless money-making tactic by the HVAC technicians and contractors. It is the surest way to reduce breakdowns and recover a large portion of the heating system’s lost efficiency. As the unit works incessantly, it suffers wear and tear, due to which its reliability and efficiency are compromised. Annual maintenance will take care of both issues and reduce your overhead expenses resulting in tremendous monetary savings.
Be Thankful For Heating This Season
Hopefully, our ten awesome home heating tricks will help you save a lot of money this winter. Remember, there is no way around skipping the annual maintenance as that will only lead to further uncalled for expenses.
If you have not yet booked a tune-up for your home’s heating system, do so now. Aztil Air Conditioning is open 24/7 and 365 days a year, so you can call us at any time. Be it HVAC installations, repairs, or maintenance, our technicians will always provide you with the best solution and top-quality service. Affordable services by certified and experienced technicians have allowed us to make a name for ourselves in South Florida. When you partner with us, we guarantee both your convenience and satisfaction. So why wait longer? Pick up the phone and dial +1-888-729-8452 to book an appointment today.
You may have heard about the tankless water heater but never really paid much attention to it. The reason could be that your present home already had a perfectly working water heating system and you were in no hurry to replace it. Now, things may have changed, making it necessary to brush up on your knowledge so that you can make the best decision. If you are looking to learn about tankless water heaters and what makes them special, you are in the right place.
Tankless Water Heater
Tankless water heaters are known by many names. If you haven’t heard this one, you may have heard some other variant. The other names used interchangeably are instant water heaters, on-demand water heaters, flash water heaters, etc. No matter the name they go by, they still perform the same work, and that is heating the water to meet your household’s daily requirements.
As the name itself suggests, a tankless water heater has no tank. Instead, it heats water directly. So water is heated only when it is needed. When you turn on the hot water tap, cold water passes through the pipes to the heating unit, equipped with flow sensors. These sensors become active when the water flows, resulting in the heating of water.
Advantages Of Tankless Water Heater
Tankless water heaters offer many advantages, and these happen to be a major contributor to their popularity. Here is a brief overview:
1. Compact In Size – Since there is no tank to hold the water, the tankless water heaters make for a compact unit. These can easily be mounted on walls and do not take much space or become an eyesore. These are perfect for small homes and small families. Their size, however, does not mean any dearth of hot water.
2. Energy Savings – The standard water heater heats the water and stores it in the tank. When the water cools down, it reheats it. Critical is to notice that water is not heated when it is wanted. Rather, it is kept constantly heated, which means wastage of energy. The tankless water heater provides high-efficiency operations without wasting energy in any form. So what you get are tremendous energy savings.
3. Low Maintenance – Instant water heaters are low maintenance. As the surface area that comes in direct contact with water is small, these are also easy to maintain and cause far fewer problems. Therefore, if you are looking for a heating system that gives you the least amount of trouble, a tankless water heater is your answer.
4. Have A Longer Life Span – A standard water heater has a lifespan of around 10 years, while a tankless water heater can run twice as long. So when you buy a flash water heater, you don’t have to worry about changing it every 10 years. Instead, you enjoy its functions for two decades before it is time to replace or upgrade.
Disadvantages Of Tankless Water Heater
Now let’s talk about their disadvantages. After all, to make a wise decision, you need to see the complete picture. There are three main drawbacks of flash water heaters, and these are:
1. Expensive – The average cost of a conventional storage water heater is around $500. In contrast, the base model of a tankless system starts at $1,000. Needless to say, these are twice as expensive. Nevertheless, the jump in price is more than made up through energy savings and twice the lifespan. So don’t look at this investment from just a single viewpoint. Instead, try to gauge the benefits that the price tag carries.
2. Inconsistent Temperatures – If you open multiple faucets of hot water simultaneously, the heater will not be able to match the demand with consistently heated water. The water may come out as just warm instead of hot. Another related problem is that if the faucet is just slightly open, as is the case when brushing or shaving, the heater may not turn on at all. It happens because the flow sensors cannot sense the water flow, so they fail to initiate the heating process. In such a case, what you get is cold or normal water, instead of hot water.
3. May Require Rerouting Of Gas Lines – A tankless water heater runs on natural gas or propane. Therefore, its installation may require rerouting the gas line, which will naturally increase the installation cost. Further, you may also have to add new venting, which will lead to another increase in the total cost of the project. Still, do bear in mind that these are just a one time expense.
Tankless Water Heaters Qualify For Federal Tax Credits
Since the tankless water heating systems are very efficient, the government wants to promote their use. Consequently, you can avail of special financing schemes for them and also avail of federal tax credits. These financial benefits help set off the increase in installation costs. At present, there is a 10% tax credit on the total buying and installing cost of the tankless water heater.
Tankless Water Heaters Are Special
If you and your family are conscientious users of hot water, you will be happy to invest in an on-demand water heater. These systems are efficient, with low maintenance costs, and twice the lifespan. Changing the water usage habits in your household will help you save a lot of money in the long run.
Are you confused about which type of heater to install in your home? Or you have further questions you need to ask before making a final decision? In either case, the elite team of experts at Aztil Air Conditioning can help. We shall be glad to answer all your questions and help you make the best decision for your home. We are dedicated to ensuring your comfort, first and foremost. Do give us a call at +1-888-729-8452 to speak to our experts. We even take care of installations, repairs, and maintenance of all heating and cooling systems. Call us at any time if you need any of our services. We promise to take action promptly and to your complete satisfaction.
Every home and building tends to have its own unique smell. Usually, it is a combination of the cleaning agents and air fresheners used indoors. These are pleasant to inhale and make the environment more welcoming. Nevertheless, some odors are not just unpleasant but also hard to ignore due to their persistent nature. Often, you may feel that your furnace is giving out a strange smell during the winter season. It is critical to remember that one should never ignore the smells emanating from the home’s heating and cooling system as they could be a precursor to some issue.
Five Strange Furnace Smells And What They Mean
Instead of beating around the bush, let us directly get down to the topic under discussion and learn about furnace smells and their meaning.
1. Smell Of Dust Burning – The furnace tends to accumulate dust during the period that it is not in use. When it is switched on for the first time during the season, this accumulated dust heats and burns off. The process emanates a very distinctive smell that can best be described as that of burning paper or dust. The significant thing to note here is that this smell will typically go away on its own within a couple of minutes and will not return again. If for some reason you feel that the smell is not dissipating, you should call the HVAC technician. Also, if the smell returns, again and again, there may be a leak somewhere within the unit that is attracting impurities. For this as well, only a technician can help you identify the source and take the necessary steps to close it.
2. Smell Of Burning Plastic – The work of the furnace is to produce heat, and its parts are made to withstand the same. But, as the unit ages, it undergoes a lot of wear and tear, due to which its heat withstanding ability declines. When you smell a strong metallic or plastic burning odor, it is a sign of overheating in the unit. At such a time, your first step should be to turn off the furnace and disconnect it from the power source. This will eliminate all chances of any untoward event and protect the furnace from further damage. The next step is to call your local HVAC technician for help.
3. Smell Of Dirty Socks – The smell of dirty socks is also very distinctive. It is strong, stinky, and extremely repulsive. Some people also describe this smell as that of gym socks. If your home, too, smells like gym socks and there are no piles of dirty clothes around waiting for a wash, the chances of finding its origin in the furnace are very high. This odor is a sign of bacteria growing on the coils of the furnace. Bacteria thrive in a hot and moist environment. The furnace coils fulfill both these conditions and hence lead to the growth of bacteria. When their concentrations increase, your house starts smelling like stinky and sweaty socks. At such a time, your furnace needs a thorough cleaning. To avoid its future occurrence, invest in the annual maintenance of the furnace.
4. Smell Of Rotten Eggs – When you get a whiff of sulfur-like or rotten eggs smell, it means that there is a gas leak. Natural gas has no odor. Nonetheless, inhaling it is a health hazard that can lead to dizziness, nausea, breathing issues, and fatigue. Typically, the gas companies add a chemical to natural gas that makes it smell like sulfur or rotten eggs. Adding this substance makes it easy to detect the gas leak. When you sense the presence of this strange smell, take no chances, and switch off the furnace immediately. Next, open the door and windows to reduce the concentration of gas indoors. Now call your HVAC technician, and as a precautionary measure, stay outdoors until they arrive and remedy the situation.
5. Smell Of Mold And Mildew – Mold and mildew have a musty smell associated with them. Though the smell is not very strong, it is still unpleasant and uninviting. Both mold and mildew are menaces that put your good health at risk. They cause breathing difficulties, skin ailments, and severe bronchitis, along with several other allergic reactions. If they are growing within the heating system or the air ducts, the circulating air will disperse its spores far and wide, putting the health of all residents or occupants in jeopardy. If the musty smell indoors is not going away despite proper cleaning and ventilation, you should call the HVAC experts to check the complete heating and cooling system.
Furnace Maintenance The Easy Answer To All Furnace Smells
The best and the surest way to get rid of all strange furnace smells is to see to its annual maintenance. Though it would be even better if you could get its tune-up done just before switching it on for the first time when the winter comes calling, and then again get it done after the last use of the season. This practice ensures that the furnace starts without any hiccups and also goes into hibernation without adding any new problems.
Furnace smells have a reason, and that too, a good one. All furnace smells are not a cause for concern, but some are, so it is always better to know what they are trying to indicate and handle them accordingly. Your local HVAC technician is the best person to call for help whenever you encounter these weird smells.
For all heating and cooling troubles in South Florida, look no further than Aztil Air Conditioning. Ours is a family-owned business running successfully since 1981. We are an elite team of 100+ strong HVAC technicians, all of whom are trained and certified. Installations, repairs, tune-ups, and replacements are all handled promptly and justly. Our services are affordable, and we guarantee complete customer satisfaction. If you have still not scheduled your furnace’s maintenance, you can do so now by calling +1-888-729-8452. Since we are always open, you can book an appointment at any time. Have your HVAC system inspected by Aztil Air Conditioning to get full value for money today.