Buying or upgrading to an HVAC system is a big decision for all homeowners. Mainly because it is expensive and also because the comfort of your home will depend on it. You wouldn’t, by any chance, want to make a mistake that has a sizeable financial bearing. No matter how daunting the task looks but proper research will direct you in the correct direction and, in this case, the most appropriate HVAC system.
Finding Right Heater And Air Conditioner For Your Home
The plethora of variants available in the market, for HVAC systems, is confusing. Add to that the different brands, and there is a perfect recipe for chaos to reign free. But, worry not, for we bring to you those key factors that you need to consider to find an HVAC system that suits your home.
1. Experienced HVAC Contractor – Even if you found the perfect HVAC system for your home, that’s only half the battle won. What you need to win completely is an experienced HVAC contractor. This contractor will help you figure out the best HVAC system and also help install and maintain it later on. You can go back to them with your queries and concerns during the purchase cycle and also get a few tips from their knowledge and experience. All in all, any decision taken with their help will be more beneficial than depending on your own judgment.
2. Size Matters – Those who said that size does not matter, well, they are equally clueless. The size of your HVAC unit cannot be too big or too small. It has to be exact or nearly exact. A small sized unit will not cool and heat your home efficiently, and an oversized unit will continuously cycle on and off, increasing the gas and electricity bills. Get HVAC sizing done for your home by professionals only. They will not make any mistake in its calculation and tell you the size that meets your requirements.
3. Look For The Features You Want – HVAC systems have a variety of features. You may not need them all. Make a note of all the features that you desire like humidity control, smart thermostat, ability to control temperature settings even while away from home, etc. If possible, make this feature list with the help of an HVAC technician who better understands the uniqueness of your home.
4. Look For Brands That Meet Your Requirement – Now that you know what features you want, look for brands and models that offer them. Different brands may have different combinations of features. Their quality, too, may vary. Gather feedback on each brand online, as well as consult your friends and neighbors. You will now have a more realistic picture of what to expect. We, at Aztil AC, urge our clients to look for quality rather than quantity of features and the physical product. It may not look beautiful, but the quality is good, go for it by all means. After all, it is not going to sit in your face staring at you the whole time. So good looks mean naught.
5. SEER Rating – Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio is the measure of the efficiency of the air conditioners and the heat pumps. A unit that has a higher SEER rating is always better than the one with a lower value. So your HVAC size and features, look for the model that has the highest SEER rating.
6. Price Of The Unit And financing Options – Price plays an important role in the final decision-making process. Although, you shouldn’t base your choice solely on that reason alone. A good HVAC system never does come cheap. Budget yourself accordingly, and when you want to become a scrooge remember, that it is a one-time investment with the right product. Look for financing options also. Many times the dealer themselves may offer them, so don’t forget to enquire.
Other Things To Consider While Purchasing A New HVAC Unit
There are several other factors that you need to consider when buying a new HVAC system. These are:
1. Type Of HVAC System – There are many different types of HVAC systems, like, gas or electricity powered. Some have a heat pump, and others are a combination of an air conditioner and a furnace. Some systems need extensive ductwork, and others are ductless. These are a few things whose pros and cons you need to evaluate carefully. Your HVAC contractor will help assist you to sort through all these options.
2. Budget For Installation Costs – While budgeting to buy an HVAC unit, seldom do we take into account its cost of installation. Your HVAC installation may not be cheap, so refrain from making any assumptions. Again, your HVAC contractor can help you figure out the approximate cost based on your home size and its peculiarities and requirements. Budgeting for installation costs will help manage your finances better.
3. Choosing A Quality Contractor – There are many people who claim to be experts. The key differentiator is that all of them are not licensed, and neither do they have any kind of insurance. Choose a contractor who has both in addition to a good reputation. Choosing the right contractor may take time, so do this exercise before starting the hunt for an HVAC system.
New Year New HVAC System
If your old unit is on the verge of biting the bullet or giving frequent trouble, it’s time to seriously start looking for other options. A decision with significant financial impact cannot be taken in a day or two. So if you get your thoughts sorted now, you can buy it in a month or two.
If you are a resident of West Palm Beach, Florida, and need any help, Aztil AC will be glad to provide it. We can help you choose the best HVAC system for your home and also install it and take care of its periodic maintenance. If the need arises, we will also carry out repairs, though we hope that your new unit does not need it for a really long time.