When the outdoor temperature starts soaring, your AC becomes your best friend. It is the one thing you won’t be able to live without. Since every home is unique, choosing the cooling system with care becomes necessary. A wrong choice can lead to an expensive mistake and many unnecessary troubles. Moreover, the advancements made by the HVAC industry have heralded an era of awareness in respect to efficiency, healthcare benefits, environmental benefits, and other beneficial innovations.
Buying a new AC is not just about going to the market and picking one. It has to be a well-thought-out decision for the future of your indoor comfort banks heavily on it. Wisely choosing the right AC system for your Palm Beach County homes is therefore essential.
Considerations When Selecting An AC System For Your Palm Beach County Home
There are some key considerations one must always keep in mind. Paying attention to these will ensure you land with the most appropriate decision.
1. Budget – The planning for everything starts with budgeting. One needs to know beforehand the amount they are willing to spend or invest in new AC. The catch here is that most people don’t make allowances for AC installation in their budget. This additional expense may, later on, result in an unpleasant surprise. Hence, an intelligent move would be to make a comprehensive budget that includes the installation cost.
2. Size Of The AC – The next step is to figure out the size of the AC that will suit and fulfill the requirements of your home perfectly. If there have been no new additions in the structure of your home and your previous AC was sized, go ahead and buy the same size. Nevertheless, in case of new additions or any other renovations, it would be much better to get the sizing done once more by a professional. Any change in the proportions or square footage of the residence can also bring forth a change in AC size.
3. Energy STAR Rating And SEER Value – Modern air conditioners are known for their efficiency. But there is a whole range for you to choose from. As you move up the ENERGY STAR rating or the SEER value chain, the cost of the AC will also increase. You may find that a 5 star AC with the highest possible SEER may not exactly fit your budget. You will have to compromise based on your budget in such a case. Rest assured, you will still get an AC that works more efficiently than your older one. So, in all respects, you will still land with a better deal. However, try to push the bar towards the upper side or higher limit when considering these values as they mean more savings in energy bills. What you pay extra will be recovered in a few years.
4. Type Of AC – This is the place where most homeowners get confused. There are so many types of air conditioners available that choice seems impossible to make. The ideal solution is to ask your HVAC tech to guide you. Their experience and assessment of your family and home’s current layout and needs will lead you in the right direction. Here are a few pointers that may help you:
1. If your ductwork is in good condition, you can opt for a ducted system.
2. If there is no existing ductwork or the present one needs complete overhauling, you can reduce the expense by opting for a mini-split system.
3. If the AC is required for your home’s new addition, instead of replacing your present AC (which is in perfect working order), you might want to invest in a window AC.
4. If you reside in an area where extreme weather is rare, a heat pump will also be a good choice.
5. Features – Finally, air conditioners have several features, some mandatory and others luxury. The more luxury features you opt for, the higher the cost of the AC will climb. It is good to know what all features are offered under different models, but you need to draw a line based on what you can realistically afford. Again, you can discuss the requirements with the HVAC technician and see what they have to recommend.
Other Things To Consider
Apart from the above mandatory considerations, there are a few other things that would be good to think about. These include:
1. Inverter or Non-inverter AC – Inverter air conditioners can save more power compared to non-inverter ACs. Anyhow, this energy efficiency carries a bigger price tag, and yet, the future savings can be a big enough attraction to spend a little more now and save for years to come.
2. Multiple Fan Speeds – Having an AC which has multiple fan speeds is always better. This way, you can increase or decrease the breeze effect in your home as per will.
3. Compatibility With Smart Thermostat – The AC you buy today will serve you for many years. There is a high possibility that you may want to upgrade to a smart thermostat if you haven’t already. When looking for a new AC, ensure it is compatible with a smart thermostat to ward off unnecessary future or present inconvenience.
Choosing the right AC system for your Palm Beach County home can become a relatively smooth process if you budget properly. Pay attention to important things like AC size, SEER, and type. For a more refined choice, think of the desired features, its compatibility with a smart thermostat, fan speed, etc. When faced with a dilemma, bank on the experience and expertise of your local HVAC technician or contractor.
Aztil Air Conditioning, a top-notch HVAC contractor in West Palm Beach, can help you take care of your new as well as old air conditioner. Our professional and certified team of 100+ experts is here to take care of its installation, repairs, and maintenance. With attention to detail and best in class service, we are indeed your air conditioner’s best friend. To talk to us or book an appointment, call +1-888-729-8452.