Many people assume it is the heater that is solely responsible for providing warmth indoors. Rarely do they ever realize that the heating system cannot work on its own unless it has a reliable thermostat to guide it. In the absence of the thermostat, the heater will not know when to kick in and shut off. Therefore, one must never undermine the importance of a thermostat.
As an HVAC contractor, we have come across several occasions when people felt their heater had developed a fault. Instead, the problem was the thermostat. If it’s time for you to buy a new thermostat, it is better to upgrade. By upgrading, we mean buying a Wi-fi or smart thermostat. It will help improve heating in your home and also deliver convenience to control at your fingertips.
Wi-fi Thermostat West Palm Beach
Wi-fi thermostats are also known as smart thermostats. These are programmable, but what makes them unique is the fact that you can control them from anywhere. Yes, you can control them remotely. Your smart thermostat is connected to the home’s internet. So, as long as you have a decent internet connection on your mobile, tablet, or PC, you can program it from anywhere in the world and control your HVAC system.
Improve Heating With Smart Thermostat West Palm Beach
Surely you must be wondering, “how exactly can a Wi-fi thermostat improve your home heat?” Well, here’s how it does that:
1. Program It As Per Your Needs – You can’t keep going back and forth, adjusting the thermostat’s temperature to make indoors comfortable. In fact, there will be many times when you will forget to do so, especially while going out. As a result, either your furnace will continue to heat the home unnecessarily even when nobody is indoors, or it will not heat the home sufficiently because you forgot to crank up the heat when you came back. There is a loss of energy in both situations, which means an expense that an intelligent device could have helped avoid.
With the help of a smart thermostat, you can set a program for the heater to follow. Based on the program settings, the thermostat will signal temperature alterations throughout the day. Even if you forget to change the program setting while leaving the house, you can still do it from the convenience of your car, office, restaurant, or anywhere else. It allows you to make the most of all energy-saving situations.
2. Motion Detectors And Strong Sensors – Smart thermostats are technologically advanced. They have motion detectors and sensors to identify whether the house is occupied or not. In case they sense no movement through the motion detectors and the sensors, they can automatically adjust the temperature to an energy-saving setting. So, even if you have not programmed the thermostat for the impromptu outing, it will still handle the situation beautifully to save maximum energy. It means that a smart thermostat can think and independently adjust the temperature based on what it senses. Non-programmable thermostats don’t have this capability. Needless to say, your home will always be perfectly heated, and you will still be able to make the most of energy-saving occasions.
3. Learning Capability – Wi-fi thermostats learn your habits over a period of time in terms of temperature preferences. It uses this insight to adjust the temperature automatically, even if you don’t program it. One will never feel that the warmth is not as per the expectation with a smart thermostat. Your home is always comfortably cozy without it getting either too hot or too cold. This learning capability comes in handy, as you are likely to realize once you upgrade from your current thermostat to a more sophisticated one.
4. Tracking Energy Usage – Knowing how much energy the heating system uses at different times of the day gives you a better understanding of your power consumption. You can identify when you need to change the temperature settings to garner more energy-savings and still keep the house acceptably warm. Imagine what would happen if this data were not available? Obviously, you wouldn’t be able to recognize the opportunities to save power. In addition, one would continue using the unit without being able to save any money on the utility bills.
5. Remote Accessibility – Yes, we spoke briefly about this feature in the beginning when we learned about the smart or Wi-fi thermostat. This feature is unique as it allows the homeowner to communicate with the thermostat from any remote location in the world. As long as the thermostat is hooked to an active internet connection and you too have the same on your device (smartphone or laptop), you are good to go. Using your smartphone, you can program the thermostat even when you are away. With a smart thermostat, your home will always be ready to receive you in a warm and welcoming manner, no surprises there.
Wrapping-up Wi-fi Thermostat West Palm Beach
Getting a smart thermostat is a wise move that you will be thankful for on numerous occasions. If you think it is hard to program, the good news is that it comes with a couple of presets. You can use these while figuring out your own preferences. Smart thermostats will make your life easy, home comfortable, and still be able to lower your utility bills. This little device will more than pay for itself in the savings that it will help you bring about.
If you want to discuss the options in smart thermostats, contact the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. We shall be glad to answer your queries and help you make the best decision within your budget. Ours is a family-owned business running since 1981 in West Palm Beach. We believe in making long-standing relationships with our clients through top-quality, affordable services. Our technicians can meet all your HVAC requirements like installations, repairs, maintenance, air duct cleaning, and also solutions to improve indoor air quality. Wait no more and call us today at +1-888-729-8452 to book an appointment.