Ask any person who can’t get a night of restful sleep, and they will tell you how lucky you are if you can manage it. A good night’s sleep is paramount to your good health. When you sleep well, your body heals well, and you start the next day on a good note. But alas, sometimes your home does not feel comfortable enough to get the elusive restful sleep. It happens especially during the hot summer months. So today, we shall tell you some HVAC hacks that will help you get a peaceful and comfortable sleep.
HVAC Hacks For A Restful Sleep
Your HVAC system or the heating and cooling system of your home plays a leading role in determining your sleep quality. It is because the environment in your home is majorly governed by it. Here are a few HVAC hacks that will help you make your home more conducive to getting a good night’s sleep.
1. Set Appropriate Temperature – Setting, too, high or, too, low temperature on the thermostat will never let you rest well. It will either make you feel cold or hot. Both of which go against getting a peaceful sleep. What you need is a comfortable temperature setting. One that does not let you get either too hot or too cold. The ideal temperature that will help you sleep better is between 60 degrees Fahrenheit to 67 degrees Fahrenheit. In this range of temperature, your body will feel most comfortable, and it is very likely that you will now sleep like a log without getting disturbed.
2. Use The Sleep Mode – While sleeping, the temperature of our body falls. This is a natural occurrence. Ideally, when your body’s temperature drops, the indoor temperature should rise in the same proportion to ward of any chill. If that does not happen, you start feeling cold after some time, and it disrupts your sleep as you have to get up to either cover yourself or increase the temperature setting on the thermostat. Using the sleep mode or programming your smart thermostat for temperature adjustment will take care of it automatically. Now, there is no need to get up and disrupt your sleep.
3. Keep The Fan On – If there is a ceiling fan in your bedroom, you can switch it on at low speed during the night. This will keep the air moving to make you feel relaxed. Sometimes its gentle hum creates a white noise that is enough to make you feel sleepy. If, however, your house does not have ceiling fans, don’t fret. Keep the fan of your HVAC system always on. Keeping the fan on will not put your heating and cooling system under any stress, and neither will it make a big dent in your pockets. A small step like this will help you and your family sleep better.
4. Keep A Check On Humidity – Humidity also tends to play a significant role in determining the comfort level at home. In summers, when the humidity is high, no matter how cool your home, one still lands up feeling clammy and sweaty. Similarly, in winters, when the humidity drops, dryness can make you itch like a dog and also bring on allergies. In short, if you want to get good rest, you need to ensure that the humidity level indoors is in sync with the weather outdoors. Hence, in summers, dehumidification is needed, and in winters, more humidity is called for. If you have a smart thermostat, you can configure it for appropriate humidity from season to season. In this manner, even when you sleep at night, the humidity does not add to your discomfort.
5. Ensure Annual Maintenance Of Your HVAC Unit – The annual maintenance cycle of the HVAC must be strictly adhered to. Servicing, maintenance, or tune-up, whatever you want to call it, is the best way to get the maximum benefit from your investment. It extends the life of your unit as a system that is well cared for gives minimal trouble. It works smoothly and efficiently to keep your house comfy all year round. Additionally, it keeps the operating sounds low, so there is no reason for you to get alarmed or disturbed while sleeping. Next time when you are tempted to do away with the HVAC maintenance to save some cash, do remember these small details.
Few Other HVAC Hacks That Will Help You Sleep Better
Here are a few other HVAC hacks that will make your house cozier and help you sleep better:
1. Change the air filters once a month to keep the air flowing smoothly, without any restrictions.
2. Do not try to extend your aged HVAC system’s life as it will add to your financial and mental woes.
3. Keep the vents clean and free of any build-ups.
4. When it comes to repairs and maintenance, allow only trained and experienced HVAC technicians to work on your unit.
5. Make sure that the insulation is proper in all places, including the attic, so that there is no mixing of treated and untreated air.
Sleeping like a baby is not a pipedream. You can achieve it too. All one needs to do is create a relaxing and comfortable environment. Your HVAC system will help you achieve this task in good measure. Keeping the above-mentioned hacks in mind, you can create the most suitable relaxing environment for your family. Other than that, dim the lights and switch off all your devices with screens like mobile phones, tablets, TV, etc., at least half an hour prior to bedtime. Together, these activities will help you sleep better and wake up brighter the next day.
Aztil Air Conditioning is a family-owned HVAC business in West Palm Beach, Florida, dedicated to taking care of your residential and commercial HVAC systems. Our team of air experts is always at your disposal to help make your home as comfortable as possible. We are your one-stop-shop for all HVAC needs, handling all jobs like installations, repairs, maintenance, and replacements. Unlike others in the business, we are open 24/7 to handle all situations promptly without keeping you waiting for a more appropriate time. To book an appointment, call us at +1-888-729-8452 at any time.