Why let a broken or malfunctioning furnace put a damper on your winter enjoyment? With the help of a good HVAC contractor, you can have it humming like a busy bee. The HVAC technicians at Aztil Air Conditioning can help bring your furnace up a notch to see you through even the worst of the cold weather.
Be it furnace installation, replacement, repairs, or maintenance, all can be taken care of with the right contractor. What sets them apart is the extra step they go to ensure your comfort and that of your family. Now that you know how to distinguish between the true jewels and the other in the market, let’s quickly look at some simple troubleshooting tips. These may save you from calling the technician altogether.
A Simple Troubleshooting Guide
If the furnace is not working fine, it does not mean that it’s gone for good or that you have to prepare yourself for some expensive repairs. Sometimes it just means that there is a small problem. So instead of panicking, take a deep breathe and perform the following checks:
1. Check The Circuit Breaker – If the furnace is not turning on at all, check the circuit breaker first. The chances are that it tripped when there was a power surge, and you forgot to push it back into the “ON” position. Another possibility is that somebody shut down the circuit breaker on purpose but forgot to push it back up. If the cause of the trip is not a short circuit in the system, you can handle the problem on your own by correcting the trip.
2. Ensure That The Power Cable Is Plugged In – If the furnace still does not turn on, it’s time to check the power cable. Usually, the furnace is plugged into a power source. Therefore, the next logical step is to make sure that it actually is. There is a slight possibility that the power cord was pulled loose or pulled out completely. If it has come loose, push it back in until it is tight and secure. However, if the cord is completely pulled out, it would be better to first determine whether someone in the house did it on purpose. If that was just an accident, plug the cord into the socket, and you are all set.
3. Check The Furnace Switch – The furnace is plugged into a power source through a socket. Next to it is a standard “ON” and “OFF” switch that looks like a regular light switch. You shouldn’t be surprised to find it “OFF.” Turn it back “On.” These things do happen, sometimes by mistake and sometimes purposefully. To err is human, and so is to forget. So, be happy that it was not something big, rather, just a small matter of turning the switch “ON.”
4. Revisit The Thermostat Setting – If the furnace still does not kick in, check the thermostat. There’s a high probability that the thermostat ran out of batteries and shut down, or it was simply switched off. In the case of drained batteries, changing them out with new ones will take care of the problem. In the other case, if the thermostat is switched off, you need to switch it on again and reset to “Heat.” It could also happen that the furnace is working but blowing cold or normal air. This may happen if the thermostat is not set on “Heat.” So you need to be doubly sure of the settings.
5. Check The Furnace Filter – If the filter of the furnace is dirty, it prohibits the free flow of air. As a result, the system tends to get overheated. As a precautionary measure, the unit shuts down to prevent any damage to it. Changing the filters with new ones will solve the problem and have the furnace running smoothly once again.
When To Call Experts For Furnace Repairs Service In West Palm Beach
When the furnace won’t work or still seems a bit off even after following the above troubleshooting guide, the problem is bigger. You will now need to call the HVAC experts to have a go at problem-solving. At this time, we don’t recommend the furnace owners to take matters into their own hands as their limited knowledge can cause more damage than good. You have done what you could do. Now it’s time for the big guns in the business to tackle it.
Why Call Aztil Air Conditioning For Excellent Furnace Repairs In West Palm Beach
If you reside in West Palm Beach and face heating and cooling system problems, the technicians at Aztil Air Conditioning can help. Wanting to know why we are the best is natural, and since you want to hear of it from our mouth, allow us to toot our own horn.
Our technicians are all NATE certified, which means that they can handle all types of heating and cooling systems irrespective of their brand and age. We also ensure that they have the necessary experience to work on your unit.
Aztil Air Conditioning is your one-stop-shop for all HVAC needs. Installations, replacements, repairs, and maintenance, we do it all. The best part is that we are always open all through the year. In case of emergencies, we are always available.
At Aztil AC, we take our reputation very seriously. Since there is no alternative to hard work, we do things the old fashioned way with integrity at the very base. Our aim is to ensure your convenience and comfort foremost and always.
About Aztil AC
Aztil Air Conditioning is a family-owned business, operating since 1981 in West Palm Beach, Florida. From Sebastian to Miami, we have left a trail of our successful endeavors. We are known for our quick, affordable, and completely professional service. We credit our success to our client’s trust in our abilities. Delivering on their expectations always and every time has helped us make lasting relationships.
To experience our excellent furnace repairs service in West Palm Beach, give us a call at +1-888-729-8452.