There was a time when heating the garage was of the least importance. When you don’t spend enough time there, then why waste time heating it? But as people started using the garage for different activities like pursuing their hobbies, they started spending more and more time there. This was when the need for heating the garage arose. Nonetheless, did you know that the garage also happens to be the place from where maximum outdoor air enters your home? The cold air makes your home cooler, and the hard work of the furnace comes undone. Therefore, the need for a garage heater and also heating repair services.
The Need For Garage Heater
Yes, we are tackling the topic of heating repair services for your garage heater. But before we deal with that part, let’s briefly glimpse why it is necessary and needs to be kept in proper working order.
1. Cold starts can wreak havoc on your vehicle’s engine, specifically the battery. If you want to prevent that, a garage heater will come to your aid.
2. When you work in the garage on your favorite project, the garage heater will keep the space warm and cozy even on the coldest days and nights.
3. We tend to store a lot of stuff in the garage, some of which can be spoilt by freezing temperature. If you want to protect your stored possessions from cold damage, a garage heater is the best solution.
4. If there are pipes going through the garage, a garage heater will prevent their freezing and bursting.
Garage Heater Heating Repair Services West Palm Beach
We just spoke about the various reasons why having a properly working garage heater is necessary. It is important to note that garage heaters are prone to falling into disrepair and developing faults. As a result, they stop working. That leads to all sorts of trouble which you wish to avoid. Thankfully, you can always rely on a good heating repair service for proper resolution when there is a problem. For heating repair services in West Palm Beach, you can call Aztil Air Conditioning.
When To Call Heating Repair Services West Palm Beach
Knowing when to call the heating repair services is necessary. Here is a brief description of problems that you may face while using a garage heater. In all these cases, calling for expert help is the best option.
1. Heater Not Working – If you notice that the heater is not working, first of all, check whether it is plugged into a power source and that its switch is ON. If there is no problem there, check the circuit breaker, it may have tripped and required resetting. Finally, also check if the power supply in your area is on. For all you may know, it may have been cut or suspended temporarily by the power company. Once you have done all these checks and your heater is still not working, call heating repair services.
2. Fan Is Not Working – When the fan is not working, it could be because there is no power supply. Hence, begin by making all the above checks. Thereafter, if all seems to be okay, it means that there could either be some obstruction in the fan preventing the fan from moving. Another possibility is that the motor of the fan may have burned out. Worst case scenario will prompt a motor replacement. This is a job best left for the technician.
3. Fan Is Working, But There Is No Heat – The fan spreads the hot air throughout the garage space. If the air is not warm, it indicates a problem with the heating element. Either it has come loose and needs soldering, or it has burned out and needs replacement. One needs to be careful while replacing the heating element as the new one needs to be of the same wattage and voltage as the original one.
4. Cycles On And Off Repeatedly – When the garage heater turns on and off in rapid succession, it is indicative of an airflow problem or a problem with the control switch. Removing the blockage is easy because the chances are that some drape or equipment has been placed in the path of airflow. A thermostat or control switch will require changing it out.
5. Burning Odor – A plastic-like burning odor in the garage should always be a cause for concern. It means that something within the garage is burning. The chances are that it is a component of the garage heater that is overheating or a short circuit within the unit that is causing the casing of the wires to burn. Both of these situations should be dealt with ASAP. If ignored, they may result in a fire. The best person to get to the root of the problem is a heating repair technician.
A Final Recap
A garage heater is an essential appliance for your garage. It heats this hitherto ignored place and ensures a warm welcome whenever you come back from cold outdoors. Keeping it in top working order depends on how well you care for it. At any time you notice a problem, report it to your qualified local technician. Try not to take matters into your own hands. It may just increase the gravity of the problem. A technician is well-versed in the possible causes and their appropriate solution. Hence, he can rectify the fault in minimal time and accurately.
For heating repair services in West Palm Beach, you need not venture further than your phone. Contact Aztil Air Conditioning at +1-888-729-8452. We are open 24/7 and 365 days a year. Yes, even on holidays you can reach us. We guarantee top-notch and affordable service by trained, certified, and experienced technicians. We offer a wide range of heating and cooling system services, from installation, repairs, and maintenance to duct cleaning and indoor air quality solutions. We value our customers, so always ensure your complete satisfaction. If there is a problem with your garage heater, do not let it fester. Give us a call now, and we shall take care of it promptly.