Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning or the HVAC sounds like a complicated piece of equipment. No matter how complex the name sounds, it is indeed a system that everybody needs if they wish to live in relative comfort. No wonder the sales of HVAC have seen a dramatic increase in the past few years. However, when homeowners are thinking about purchasing it, they normally allot a budget to themselves. It is more to ensure that the expenditure is within limits. But, a common mistake that most of them commit is not taking into account its cost of installation.
Today, in this article, we will address the critical aspect of HVAC installation cost in West Palm Beach, or for that matter, anywhere else in the United States.
What Is HVAC Installation?
HVAC installation consists of setting up a new system to provide heating, cooling, and air filtration along with its cleaning. The installation itself is a big expenditure because it requires extensive planning, preparation, and establishing the system in such a manner that it takes of the entire house. It sounds small but is indeed a big technical feat.
Cost Of HVAC Installation In West Palm Beach
If we put aside the cost of the actual HVAC equipment, here is a breakdown of the installation cost:
1. The average cost to replace an HVAC system – Between $4,500 to $9,500.
2. The average cost of installing a new HVAC system with ductwork – Between $6,500 to $12,500.
3. The average cost of installing an HVAC system with add-ons – Between $13,000 to $ 17,000.
Factors On Which The Cost Of HVAC Installation In West Palm Beach Depends
There are several factors that have a bearing on the final cost of HVAC installation. As a result, there is no, one, fixed price. Let us have a glimpse at these factors in brief.
1. Size Of The Unit And Feature Set – All HVAC units are not the same. They have different capacities as well as a diverse set of features. Based on these two key factors, the installation requirements may also change like additional ducts, smart thermostats, additional vents, need for a humidifier, etc. A larger capacity system with on-board diagnostics will have a higher installation cost as compared to a lower capacity one without any additional paraphernalia. However, just because a bigger HVAC will cost more, don’t make the mistake of purchasing the smaller one. The size of your unit depends on the size of your home. So, prior to making any such decision get your home inspected to find the right size of the system. Usually, an HVAC system of 2 to 5 tonnes will suffice for homes.
2. Difficulty In Installation – If you are simply getting the HVAC unit installed, the cost of installation will be less. But, in case you have to get the ductwork replaced or repaired, the cost will increase. Similarly, if your home is really old, it will require setting up of not just the ducts and registers but also insulation without making a monstrosity of your beautifully aged home. In these cases, the cost of installation is significantly higher because the level of difficulty is more. The simple rule of thumb is that the simpler the installation, the lesser it will cost and vice-versa.
3. Quality Of Work – A lesser-known HVAC contractor with a questionable reputation will do sub-standard work. Therefore, it is necessary that you choose a contractor carefully after checking their reputation in the market. It is necessary that the installation of your HVAC system is done properly to ensure both safety and efficiency. To say the least, don’t fall prey to a low ball figure because it gives more savings. Think of the future problems that poor installation will give and the additional expenditure you will have to bear to rectify them.
How To Get The Best Price For HVAC Installation In West Palm Beach
To get the best price for HVAC installation in West Palm Beach, you need to do proper research. Invite quotes from several contractors. Invite them to inspect your home and give you an approximate figure. As advised above, don’t fall prey to the lowest figure because that is just a scam. Instead, gather feedback about these contractors. Ask your neighbors whom they used and their experience with them. Similarly, if your relatives, friends, or acquaintances live in the same area, consult them. In the end, check the reviews online before making a final call.
You should look for a contractor who has a good reputation in the market and shows good business acumen. Their work ethics should be par excellence and deliver an outstanding experience. A good contractor will be licensed and have insurance. He will also have no problem answering all your questions until you are well and truly satisfied.
Average HVAC Installation Costs in West Palm Beach
Keeping aside the cost of the new HVAC unit, here is the breakdown of the average installation costs in West Palm Beach:
1. Air Conditioning Unit Installation – Between 3,900 to $5,500
2. Furnace Installation – Between $3,000 to $5,000
3. Boiler Installation – Between $4,200 to $6,000
4. Heat-Pump Installation – Between $4,500 to $6,500
5. Thermostat Installation – Between $100 to $300
Remember, these prices are just an approximation and not the actual figure. For the actual figure, you will have to ask the contractor to come and see your house. This will allow them to evaluate the requirements of your home and quote a more realistic figure.
Catering for the installation cost in your budget for an HVAC system will help plan your finances better. It will also be beneficial if you look for a local company that specializes in the residential HVAC system set up. Their knowledge and experience will help you further cut costs. Stay as far as possible from dishonest contractors. Their biggest give is a very low quote. A reputable company will give you estimates in the range mentioned above. It is your home and your HVAC unit, don’t get carried away in trying to save money. Instead, even if it costs more, get it done right the very first time.