Programmable thermostats are fast replacing the traditional manual thermostats. Even amongst them, smart thermostats are increasingly becoming the popular choice of the masses. Nowadays, everybody desires complete control over things, even remotely. Smart thermostats offer not only that but much more. If you too wish to switch to a smart thermostat, you are at just the right page, for we shall not only tell you how you can get a smart thermostat for almost free, but what all benefits you can reap from buying one.
Why Do You Need A Smart Thermostat?
If you want to make merry with energy savings and have the ability to control the indoor environment (temperature-wise) within your premises, a smart thermostat is what you need. A smart thermostat will help you in the following ways:
1. You can now control the indoor temperature from anywhere. All you need is an internet connection on your premises, and ensure that you too have one on your smart device (mobile, laptop, PC, or tablet).
2. A smart thermostat helps you understand your energy consumption. So you can now make necessary lifestyle changes to accommodate bigger energy savings.
Disadvantage Of A Smart Thermostat
Smart thermostats have one very obvious disadvantage. They are expensive. Typically a couple more hundred dollars than a standard programmable one. So buying one seems like an additional investment, something that not everyone is willing to make. No matter how hard we look other than that one expensive disadvantage, there’s nothing else that works against it.
Why Are Smart Thermostats Expensive?
Why is a laptop more expensive than a desktop? Why is an iPhone costlier than a basic android phone? It is a no-brainer. Technology is expensive. The more advanced it is, the costlier it becomes. It’s all about how you look at it. The perspective needs to change. Did you ever think maybe a little wise investment today will save you way more in the long run? Maybe not. But now would be a good time to think along those lines.
What If You Could Get A Smart Thermostat For (Almost) Free?
Let’s sweeten the deal. What if we were to tell you it’s possible to get a smart thermostat for almost free. Do remember we are talking about “almost free” and not “absolutely free,” so don’t confuse the two. Now that the difference is out of the way, allow us to enlighten you as to how you can get wavier on most of its cost.
Did you know more and more energy companies are offering rebates for installing smart thermostats? If not, now that you know, make the most of this opportunity. Call your energy company or visit their website to learn about their smart thermostat policy. You’ll be surprised to know that you can avail of rebates ranging from as little as $50 to the complete cost of the device.
To avail of this benefit, you will have to print out the form related to the smart thermostat rebate. You can download the electronic copy of the form from the company website. Fill up this form and attach a copy of the purchase receipt of the thermostat. The receipt acts as proof of purchase and lets the energy company know that you are not trying to fleece them.
How Much Energy Will A Smart Thermostat Help You Save?
Yes, a smart thermostat helps you save energy but by how much? Until you know the answer to this critical question, it is impossible to appreciate the true worth of a smart thermostat and realize what a good investment you are making. We shall therefore let the cat out of the bag and tell you the exact numbers.
A smart thermostat can help you save nearly 23% of your HVAC energy costs. Talking in terms of dollars, it translates to savings anywhere between $130 to $145 annually. Year after year, these savings, along with the rebate offered by the energy company, will allow you to recoup the amount spent on purchasing the thermostat rather quickly.
Important Is To Choose The Right Smart Thermostat
Based on the functionalities, there are several smart thermostats you can choose from. Searching for one that suits your budget and requirements can prove to be a little daunting. But we are here to make things easy for you. Consequently, proceed as follows, and you shall never go wrong:
1. First and foremost, see if your home’s heating and cooling system is compatible with a smart thermostat. Sadly, old HVAC systems are not, and hence, you may have to make a bigger investment before reaping the benefits of using a smart thermostat.
2. Study the functionalities offered by different thermostats in the market today.
3. Make a list of those functionalities that are an absolute must-have for you.
4. Select those smart thermostat brands and models that are the closest match to your ideal one.
5. Compare their prices and do ensure to check for reviews, especially things like after-sales service and performance.
6. Ask your HVAC contractor or technician for their opinion on your selection. Do pay heed to their advice as they talk from years of experience.
7. After all these due considerations, choosing the most appropriate smart thermostat will no longer seem like a trying task.
A smart thermostat, no matter its cost, is definitely a wise investment choice. If you are indeed worried only about the cost factor, do take us up on our advice and speak with your energy company. You might be pleasantly surprised to know that you can now afford it more easily with the rebate they offer. Moreover, in the long run, the smart thermostat will pay for itself. All in all, it is a win-win situation.
Aztil Air Conditioning in South Florida can help the residents of West Palm Beach switch to smart thermostats. With our guidance, you can choose the most appropriate one, and we shall take care of its installation and maintenance. To ensure your indoor comfort without adding any unnecessary expense is our prime objective. Serving you to the best of our capability and capacity is how we have built our reputation. To book an appointment, call us at +1-888-729-8452.