Are you tired of having a bulky and separate system for both heating and cooling? That’s where the heat pump comes to your rescue. We understand that it is an expensive investment, and hence, you want to be completely sure about it. Today, we shall tell you why we consider a heat pump a good solution for both heating and cooling. But before we do that, let us know in brief what exactly is a heat pump and what it does.
Heat Pump West Palm Beach
The heat pump concept isn’t new, but now they are gaining popularity because of their improved efficiency and green impact on the environment. Getting down to the basics, it is a heating and cooling system that works on the principle of transfer of heat. In summers, the heat pump extracts heat from indoors and transfers it outdoors. In winters, it reverses the process and extricates the warmth present outdoors, and moves it indoors.
Reasons Why Heat Pump Is A Good Solution For Heating And Cooling
1. Both Heating And Cooling Via A Single Unit – Traditional heating and cooling systems consist of an air conditioning unit for cooling and a furnace for heating. In contrast, the heat pump brings both functions under one, single and compact, unit. It’s able to deliver dual functionality through a reversing valve, which is nothing but a switch that reverses the refrigerant flow. Being a compact unit, these are best suited for homes that have limited space. Another added advantage is that you just have to look after the maintenance of one unit. Hence, what you get, in turn, are comfort and convenience. Isn’t that precisely what you were looking for in the first place?
2. Gives Considerable Energy Savings – When you buy an air conditioner, you look at its SEER value. SEER is nothing but the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, which is actually a reflection of its efficiency. The higher the SEER value, the more efficient the unit and the lesser the energy consumption. Heat pumps usually have a SEER rating between 13 to 27, which is higher than most domestic air conditioners. Similarly, the HSPF or the Heating Seasonal Performance Factor of the heat pumps ranges between 8 to 13. Needless to say, with a heat pump, you can draw savings of up to nearly 30 to 40 percent, and that comes to quite a considerable amount annually when converted into dollars.
3. Further Savings With Variable Speed Compressor – The modern-day heat pumps have a variable speed compressor. It means that the unit does not work at a single speed, which is full throttle ahead. Rather it alters the speed and adapts itself to the requirement at any given time. In other words, a variable-speed compressor allows the heat pump to adjust the output based on the load requirement, and in doing so, there is no energy wastage. So what you necessarily get is the perfect heating and cooling but with minimal strain on the system. This technology allows you to save nearly 30 to 40 percent on the annual energy cost.
4. Better Humidity Control – The central heating and cooling systems are good in humidity control, but the heat pumps are even better. Statistically speaking, heat pumps can remove 400% more moisture from the air as compared to any other standard systems. They do a superior job of maintaining a healthy humidity level indoors and improve the indoor air quality. As a result, your home becomes a healthy space where pathogens and other microorganisms find it difficult to thrive.
5. 10-Year Warranty – Regular heating and cooling systems usually carry a warranty of 5 years. If you purchase an extended warranty plan, a couple more years are added to it. Unlike that, heat pumps have a manufacturer’s warranty of 10 years. Hence, you get a 10-year unit replacement warranty and a 10-year warranty on parts. Buying an extended warranty plan will give you years of hassle-free operations. No other system is covered so well. At your end, all you need to do is take care of scheduling its regular maintenance so that the warranty stays intact.
Disadvantage Of Heat Pump West Palm Beach
To tell you all the good things about the system and hide its drawbacks is like showing just one side of the coin. Since we believe in imparting complete and correct information, let us take a few mins to figure out its disadvantage. Heat pumps have one big disadvantage, and that is their hefty price tag. These systems are very expensive and a bit difficult to install. Despite that, if you look at the complete picture and take into account the savings that it renders, you will realize that the unit breaks even in a couple of years. After that, you can enjoy the fruits of your wise decision in the form of a nice nest made of energy savings.
Summing Up Benefits Of Heat Pump West Palm Beach
Heat pumps are a revolutionary technology that makes your home comfortable all through the year. These units help you save a big chunk in annual energy bills and reduce your home’s carbon footprint, thereby allowing you to fulfill your environmental duty. If the unit’s capability were to be summarized in a single sentence, we would say that a heat pump gives maximum indoor comfort at the barest minimum price.
At Aztil Air Conditioning in West Palm Beach, Florida, we carry all HVAC products, including heat pumps. We are a one-stop-shop for all heating and cooling needs, taking care of everything from repairs and maintenance to installations and replacements. Our team of technicians consists of fully-trained, certified, and experienced professionals who can handle all aspects of the work. We stand by every job we do and ensure that it is done accurately every time with minimum inconvenience. To that effect, we are open all days of the year, even on holidays and weekends. If you require any of our services, please call us at any time at +1-888-729-8452 to book an appointment. We are always here to serve you.