When the furnace stops working, our first reaction is usually PANIC. Honestly, worrying unnecessarily is our biggest problem, even bigger than a faulty heating system. We do not say this without reason. Most heater problems are generic and require minimal downtime. Hence, panicking will only add to your tension where none was needed in the very first place.
This winter, when your furnace conks out on you, take a deep breath, and think logically and systematically. To help you out, we present a simple furnace repair checklist.
Clicking Sound Is It A Problem Or Not?
Many homeowners are disturbed to hear the clicking sound when they turn on their heater. They assume it to be a problem. So once and for all, let us address this concern. It is normal to hear the clicking sound when the furnace is turned on. It comes from the spark igniter. The problem is when the clicking increases in sound and frequency. At this time, you need to call the furnace repair experts for help.
Always Check The Power Source Before Calling For Help
We do not say this lightly, for many times, we have arrived on site only to find that the power source to the furnace is either tripped or turned off. Though we are glad to help, it will save you unnecessary suffering if you could check the power source once. In both cases, you can handle the issue without any external help. If the circuit breaker has tripped, reset it, and if the power has been turned off, switch it back on. Isn’t that a simple and easy fix?
In the case of a gas furnace, check that the gas valve is not stuck. If it is, gently pry it loose. Though if that is not the case and the other gas appliances in your home seem to be working fine, calling for help is the best option.
Simple Furnace Repair West Palm Beach
Reasons That The Heating System Won’t Work
Under certain circumstances, the furnace will cease operating by tripping the safety switch. This is a system safety measure that ensures your unit comes to no harm.
1. Dirty Or Clogged Furnace Filter – Over time, the filters of the furnace accumulate dust and debris and become clogged. This slows down the airflow and also deteriorates the indoor air quality. In extreme cases, it may even become a fire hazard. At such time the safety switch will flip to stop the unit from working. Changing the air filters with new ones periodically will save you from unnecessary trouble.
2. Blockage In Pipes – Old furnace pipes may get clogged due to corrosion. Though they are made to resist rust, rusting will happen if oxygen finds its way inside. In this scenario, the only option is to find the source of air entry and seal it. Additionally, mineral deposits may harden inside the furnace leading to blockages. The easiest way to cure this problem is to flush out the system and use a water softener to prevent its further occurrence.
3. Dead Thermostat – When the batteries in the thermostat die, it stops working. It happens because now there is no device to send a signal to the furnace for heating. Changing the old and dead batteries with fresh ones will have the thermostat up and running once more. If the reason for the dead thermostat is something else, you will have to call the HVAC contractor to come and have a look.
Some other reasons that could lead to the furnace ceasing to work are:
1. Broken or loose wires and corroded contacts.
2. Faulty or dead blower motor.
3. A fired control board.
In all these instances, a trained technician will have to inspect the furnace to determine the exact cause. Once the source is identified correctly, the technician can initiate the necessary corrective action.
If you are looking for furnace repair in West Palm Beach, it is advisable to call only the best. Aztil Air Conditioning is a long-standing name with immense goodwill in the area. Give us a call at +1-888-729-8452 in case of any heating and cooling system emergency.
Reasons For Furnace Not Heating Properly
Sometimes you may feel that the furnace is not heating your home appropriately. There are a couple of reasons why that could happen.
1. Temperature Setting On The Thermostat Is Not Correct – Typically, the heat is produced depending on the thermostat’s temperature setting. There is always a possibility that somebody changed it knowingly or unknowingly. In either case, the heating will seem off the mark and not give you the desired warmth. Before jumping to any conclusions, it is always a good idea to recheck the thermostat setting. If it is not as you assumed, correct it.
2. Closed Vents And Registers – One common misconception is that closing the vents and registers in those rooms that are not commonly used will make your system more energy-efficient. Sadly, this thinking is way off the mark. It puts unnecessary stress on the unit by slowing down the flow of air. Also, many times we block these airways unknowingly by placing furniture or appliances in front of them. As a result, the home does not feel adequately warm.
Furnace Repair West Palm Beach
The furnace consists of many components, some of which may act up from time to time. To minimize the call for repairs, schedule the maintenance of your heating system before switching it on for the first time and after its last use every season. This way, you will start the season on the right foot and end it on a good note.
If you are looking for good quality and trustworthy furnace repair in West Palm Beach, look no further than Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a family-owned business that has built its reputation through good old hard work and honesty. All our staff is highly skilled and experienced in tackling all heating and cooling system problems. If you have still not scheduled the maintenance of your furnace this winter season, give us a call now. We can bring your system up to scratch in no time. With preventive maintenance, you can extend the life of your furnace and have it humming contentedly even through the worst of the cold weather. Why wait? To book an appointment, give us a call now at +1-888-729-8452.