What’s the big deal? Why so much pressure on ensuring A/C tune-up? So what if I don’t want to get it done! My A/C is working fine. Why bother when nothing seems out of place? These questions are normal, and it’s no fault of yours if you think like this. A lack of awareness is where the blame lies. When things start falling apart, do remember, there’s no quick fix or a cheap remedy. By then, it is too late to do anything other than spend tons of money fixing the A/C.
What Happens Without An A/C Tune-Up
Overlooking A/C tune-up will lead to many problems. They will develop slowly, making it easy for anyone to ignore them. Nonetheless, one day you will no longer be able to avoid them, and that is the day you start to rue the folly of thinking A/C tune-up is unnecessary.
These are the things that can happen when you don’t get an A/C tune:
1. Things That Can Happen To The Machine
1. Frequent Snags And Faults – Everybody knows the cooling system works extremely hard in summers to try and keep the indoors cool. This results in massive wear and tear. The lack of care intensifies the damage caused thereof. As a result, the internal components fail, and the unit breaks down frequently. You have to be at the constant mercy of a technician to bring the system back up and running. The technicians, too, are in high demand at this time, due to which it is not necessary they will address your problem immediately.
2. Overheating – An air conditioner consists of several internal components. Corrosion, wear and tear, and lack of care decrease their performance and stability. In these circumstances, the A/C has to run longer and harder to give the same output as before. The strain thus caused has a damaging effect on the A/C. Consequently, its parts start overheating and often get fried. The only option now is to replace the burnt or melted component. But bear in mind, you were sheer lucky things didn’t escalate into an electrical fire. That could have led to a stressful series of events.
3. Decreased Efficiency – Overheating components, worn-out parts, and undue stress on the system decrease its overall efficiency. The unit can no longer maintain the same level of performance as before. As years go by, the performance drops further and further. Add to it the continuous need for repairs, and you would soon wonder how you fell victim to the A/c manufacturer’s tall claims of an efficient and robust system. What you conveniently forget is that it was the lack of A/C tune-up that led to this.
4. A/C May Stop Working – When problems hit left, right, and center, no matter how robust the machine, it will give up. There is only so much it can do to continue operations. After that, the system will go dead on you, and your only viable choice now is to replace it.
2. Things That You Have To Suffer
1. The efficiency of an unmaintained A/C will decline. Consequently, it will consume more power each successive year to do the same job. It means resigning yourself to see an upward rise in your energy bills. Continuing to ignore its servicing is to your detriment. It will compound the problems, and then you can add more expensive repairs to your already thin pockets.
2. Improper Cooling – One significant problem caused by an A/C that is not tuned regularly is improper cooling. Sometimes the cooling is not up to the mark, and there may be hot and cold areas in the house at others. Succinctly put, cooling does not match the thermostat settings, so your family will suffer despite having a cooling system.
3. Uncomfortable Indoors – When cooling is not adequate, it leads to one more issue which you will surely feel sooner rather than later – high humidity. It makes for clammy and sweaty indoors – not something you expected with a cooling system installed. Well, that’s what a lack of A/C tune-up does. Your air conditioner will no longer be able to remove humidity from indoor air. In turn, the indoor space starts feeling warmer than it actually is. When you enter the house expecting some relief from the heat outside, you will be disappointed and forced to bear the discomfort.
4. Poor Indoor Air Quality – An A/C that does not get a regular annual tune-up is very dirty. Dust, dirt, dander, grime, mold, pollen, fungus, bacteria, viruses, and germs – all reside inside it. The air passing through the AC picks up these pollutants and disperses them throughout your abode. Sickness and allergies have free reign in such houses. Moreover, mold and fungus destroy its market value. Overall, the indoor air quality suffers, and so does the structure of the house.
A/C tune-up is an essential activity that keeps the cooling system in good working order year after year. If you make an honest comparison between those who get it done regularly and those who don’t, you will see clearly that the blessed are those who consider it important. Those who did not invest in A/C maintenance regret the decision in a few years. They are forced to replace their system much before its useful product life is over. Not everyone can afford such a big expense. It would be better to spend a little annually on tune-up and have an air conditioner that is reliable and efficient.
Residents of West Palm Beach can get in touch with the elite task force of Aztil Air Conditioning for an A/C tune-up. Aztil is a family-owned, fully insured HVAC contractor operating since 1981 in South Florida. We are a team of trained, certified, and experienced technicians and give you the best value for money service — call +1-888-729-8452 to book an appointment. Allow us to help you enjoy a relaxed and comfortable summer with a reliable AC.