Buying a new air conditioner is not as simple as picking whatever takes your fancy. It is a calculated decision based on a lot of pertinent information. If you choose wisely, you will have years of hassle-free comfort. Nevertheless, with the wrong decision, you will be in a financial soup. If the time has come for you to buy a new air conditioner, you should arm yourself with facts before making the crucial choice.
There are several things that one needs to consider before buying a new air conditioner. But before jumping onto that part of the discussion, there is one question that you need to ask yourself, “Are you happy with your current HVAC service provider”? If not, your search for the right air conditioner should begin with finding an HVAC service provider who is reliable and dependable.
Choose A Professional HVAC Contractor
Through the entire process of choosing a new AC, there will be many questions for which you may not have an accurate answer. There will also be times when you will get confused and need gentle steering in the right direction. Also, once the AC has been paid for, you will have to worry about its installation and maintenance. With a professional HVAC contractor, you can rest easy as they will patiently resolve your questions and dilemmas, assist you in making the appropriate decision, and take care of all the post-purchase formalities. Hence, it is crucial to partner with a trustworthy and professional contractor.
You can ask for recommendations and feedback from friends and neighbors. Supplement the information with the contractor’s online reviews and the kind of services they provide. Consider all the data you gather about each. Choose the one that checks all the boxes in your requirements list.
Before Buying A New Air Conditioner Keep In Mind…
1. The Size Of Your Home – There is no free-size of AC, one that fits all homes. The tonnage of the air conditioner depends solely on how big your abode is. Before beginning your search for a suitable AC, it is advisable to know the exact cooling area in your home. The drawback of buying the wrong size AC is that you will never be happy with its working. A small size AC will never be able to cool your home admirably, and a bigger size AC will increase your power bill. What you need is the perfect match. A size that cools suitably and performs efficiently. Getting your home-sized will tell you exactly what size AC is the best for your square footage. Your HVAC contractor can effectively help you figure out the answer.
2. Condition Of The Ducts – If the ductwork in your home is perfect, you can go for a ducted system. Nonetheless, if it is extensively damaged and falling apart, you may want to consider alternatives. One alternative is to get the ducts repaired or replaced, but that will be another expense. If it seems doable, you can proceed with this option and buy a central cooling system. If this alternative appears to put a heftier financial strain on your pocket, you can buy a mini-split system or a window AC to do away with the requirement of ductwork.
3. Type Of System – When buying a new air conditioner, you will be surprised to see the available variety today. It’s not just about deciding whether to stick with a ducted system or go ductless. You can now choose to have a single system that provides both heating and cooling like the heat pumps and the mini-split systems. Each has its own set of pros and cons. Some are costly, and others, even though costly, have a long life. Hence, it’s more a question of what suits you the best in the long run instead of immediate gratification. Seek out all the options available in the market today and narrow down your options based on your budget and requirements.
4. SEER Rating – We all desire the highest level of efficiency with the least possible price tag. Sadly, that is a pipe dream because high-efficiency systems are costly. Therefore, you need to make a compromise. Pay higher and purchase a system with a high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating today and save money by lowering your subsequent energy bills. Or pay lower by buying a low SEER rating AC today and pay more for the power bills later. The SEER rating is the measure of the efficiency of an air conditioner. The higher the SEER rating, The more efficient the AC. One can also take the middle path to get the best of both worlds.
5. Off-Season Discounts – Enticing the customer is always on the company’s or manufacturer’s game plan. To increase sales during the off-season, special discounts are given as an incentive to buy. If you wish to get a good deal, it would be best to line up your new AC purchase during the off-season. This way, you will pay less than what you would have ideally paid had you bought it during the season. Who doesn’t want to save money? We all do. So it does not make you any less if you purchase the AC when others are still using their heater or furnace.
Other Things To Consider Before Buying A New Air Conditioner
1. Always take into account the cost of installation while working out the budget for your new AC.
2. Make a list of all the features that your new AC must-have. As the number of features increases, so does the cost of the AC. The ideal plan is to buy an AC whose features match your list.
If there are any lingering doubts or questions, feel free to contact the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning in West Palm Beach. We shall love to help you make the right decision while buying a new air conditioner for your residential or commercial space. Ours is a family-owned business running successfully since 1981 in South Florida. We provide installations, repairs, and maintenance of all types of heating and cooling systems. Our office is open 24/7, and so you can reach out to us at any time. To book an appointment or simply talk to us, call at +1-888-729-8452.