Prevention is always better than cure. Not only does it cost less, but it also gives lesser trouble in the long line of things. Taking good care of your heat pump is the ideal way to keep it running efficiently even when the demands on it become pressing, especially during the peak of winters. Those of you who schedule it regularly have nothing to worry about. However, if you have not been diligent with it, its time to be so and take account of the situation. Residents of West Palm Beach, Florida, can contact Aztil AC for scheduling a prompt heat pump tune-up.
How Often Is Heat Pump Tune-Up Required?
Unlike the HVAC system, the heat pump is slightly different. An HVAC unit usually consists of an air conditioning unit and a furnace. Unlike that, the heat pump performs both tasks of cooling during summers and heating during winters. So, where an HVAC system needs just an annual tune-up, the heat pump needs servicing twice a year.
Heat pumps run throughout the year keep your home comfortable. The constant running results in more wear and tear as compared to just the heating and cooling systems. The difference is due to the fact that the heat pump performs bot the jobs while an AC provides cooling during summers, and the furnace provides heating during winters. The inference is straightforward – the heat pump performs twice the work, and so it undergoes relatively more wear and tears.
When Is The Right Time To Schedule A Heat Pump Tune-Up?
Ideally, heat pump tune-up should be scheduled just before the peak season so that you don’t face any problems during the time when it is needed the most. It also boosts energy efficiency, ensuring that when the heavy season kicks in, you don’t have to pay substantial power bills.
The right time to schedule a heat pump tune-up is once during spring, prior to the hot summers set in. The second tune-up should be done in fall just before the winters descend plummeting the temperatures.
What If Heat Pump Tune-Up Cannot Be Planned In Spring And Fall?
If for some reason, you cannot schedule maintenance of your heat pump either during spring or fall as suggested, there is no need to worry. Though that is the most ideal time, you can still schedule it anytime and take care to maintain a roughly six-month gap between two successive tune-ups.
The idea is to keep your heat pump working efficiently all year round. Getting a tune-up in the middle of the season may add to your discomfort for a couple of hours when it is shut down for maintenance purposes. But as long as you are okay with that, there is no need to fret, for any time is a good time.
Service Plans Or Maintenance Agreement Plans
To remember scheduling maintenance and tune-ups is a very small thing in the long list of things that need to be taken care of during the year. Joining your local HVAC contractor’s service plan or maintenance agreement plans takes care of all your servicing needs for the heat pump. You don’t have to worry anymore as now the ball is in the contractor’s court for a small fee. They will schedule your heat pump’s semi-annual tune-up at your convenience.
Beyond taking care of the maintenance schedule, the maintenance agreement also gives the customers additional benefits like:
1. Service on a priority basis.
2. Lesser fees for troubleshooting services.
3. Special discounts on services other than those covered in the agreement.
Isn’t Heat Pump Tune-Up An Overhyped Activity
If you are one of those people who think that the heat pump tune-up and that too twice a year is an overhyped activity, here are a couple of things that you need to keep in mind:
1. Keeps Warranty Intact – Regular heat pump tune-up as advised by the manufacturer keeps your warranty intact. If you fail to adhere to this simple requirement, it will nullify the manufacturer’s warranty. If you think about it, the manufacturer is only trying to ensure that you take good care of your equipment so that it does not give any untoward problems.
2. Helps Recover Lost Efficiency – After a tune-up, you will see that your heating and cooling equipment work far better, makes lesser noise, consumes less power, and above all, gives you minimum trouble. These improvements are clearly reflected in the comfort level of your home and the power bills.
3. No Costly Repairs – A well-maintained heat pump will rarely ever give you any trouble. Moreover, if any complaints do arise, they will not cost you much in terms of repair. So, to keeps the repair costs low; heat pump tune-up is the best solution.
What Can You Do To Extend The Life Of Your Heat Pump?
Here are a couple of things that you can do to extend the life of your heat pump:
1. Schedule regular maintenance of the heat pump or purchase a service plan for the same.
2. Keep the system and the immediate area around it clean.
3. Change the air filters periodically.
4. Only allow a trained technician with relevant experience in your brand to work on your heat pump.
5. Don’t try to save money by making tune-up a DIY activity because it needs specialized technical knowledge.
6. Don’t overlook or ignore any anomaly which the system may show because it could be a sign of trouble or an issue building inside the unit.
Aztil AC For Heat Pump Tune-Up
Aztil AC takes care of heat pump tune-up in West Palm Beach, Florida. Our trained technicians ensure the stability and efficiency of your heating and cooling equipment by providing timely, prompt, and effective services. If you haven’t got your system checked until now, no need to wait any longer. You can contact us, any time, at +1-888-729-8452 and book an appointment. We provide 24/7 emergency services. Together we can extend the life and efficiency of your heating and cooling system for an unsurpassable comfort at home.