We all want to make the best possible investment whenever buying any appliance or device. When you invest in something, you desire full value for money operations with minimal ancillary expenses. The heating system falls in the same category. There is such a wide variety of options available to warm the home that getting confused is but natural. This is exactly where Aztil Air Conditioning comes to your rescue. Today, we shall talk about all the options available in the heating systems and discuss which is the best one for you.
Different Types Of Heating Systems
Let us first have a look at all the options at our disposal. Once we know the basic details about them, it is easier to figure out the most suitable one for your needs.
1. Heat Pump – Heat pumps are the most environmentally friendly option available today. They provide both heating and cooling, so you get the dual benefits, and there is no need for a separate air conditioner. These operate on the basic principle of transferring heat from outdoors to indoors and vice-versa. Heat pumps are generally of three types:
a) Air Source Heat Pumps – During winters, these heat pumps extract the warmth from the outdoor air to heat the indoors. In summers, the process is reversed to cool the house.
b) Ground Source Heat Pumps – Ground source heat pumps are also known as geothermal heat pumps. These tap into the thermal energy stored in the ground to provide warmth. Relatively these are costlier and time-consuming to install as they require digging to put in the underground piping. Nevertheless, they provide better operation due to more or less fixed temperature of the ground.
c) Water Source Heat Pumps – Water source heat pumps can only be used in places where there is a source of water nearby, like a well or a lake. For this reason, they are less common. These heat pumps work by transferring the solar energy trapped in water to heat up the house.
2. Furnace – A furnace is presently the most commonly used heating system in homes. Depending on the type, a furnace can use gas, fuel, or electricity to provide warmth indoors. The heat is distributed through the entire house from a long network of ducts and vents. Usually, there are four types of furnaces to choose from. These are:
a) Electric Furnace – An electric furnace is suitable for homes that don’t have a natural gas connection. An electric furnace uses metallic heating elements to generate heat. These are typically small in size and least expensive of all furnaces.
b) Gas Furnace – These are the most common type of furnaces used in homes. As the name itself suggests, gas is the propellant here that ignites with the help of a burner to increase the air temperature. The hot air then traverses through the ductwork to enter the home and make it snug and cozy.
c) Oil Furnace – In an oil furnace, oil is used to increase the temperature of the air before it enters the home. These are not considered to be very cost-effective as the oil itself is very costly.
d) Modulating Furnace – Though expensive, modulating furnaces are indeed the most energy-efficient. These don’t constantly turn on and off. Instead, they run continually at a low energy setting by adjusting the fuel that ignites to achieve the desired temperature.
3. Boiler – Boilers are also known as hydronic heating systems. These are actually specially built water heaters that distribute heat in the form of hot water moving through radiators. Pumps help to circulate the water. When the water cools down, it is reheated, and the process begins all over again. Boilers are powered by either gas or some other natural fuel.
4. Space Heaters – Space heaters are relatively small portable devices. These are the cheapest and highly effective in heating small closed spaces. But they have a long list of hazards associated with them. These are kept within a room and require no ducts to transfer heat. Space heaters are either fuel-burning or electric. They are a perfect solution for any new addition in a home or those places that have a small winter spell.
Which Heating System Is Right For You?
To each their own. Every homeowner has certain requirements they want their heating system to fulfill. Based on your budget, the size of your home, and the existence or non-existence of ductwork, you will have to make the most appropriate choice.
1. If you stay in an area where the weather is predominantly warm, space heaters will give you the best value for money operations. The only concern is that you need to be extra vigilant while using them as they have earned a bad name for causing fires due to negligence and short circuit.
2. If you want an environmentally friendly option that is energy efficient as well, heat pumps will stand you in good stead. These help keep the home warm and even reduce your home’s carbon footprint.
3. If you desire an inexpensive heating system that is easy to install and gives stable operation, a furnace is your answer. It’s the only drawback is a loud fan and the need for constant maintenance.
The Best Heating System
To be honest, the best heating system is the one that suits your budget, is an appropriate size for your home, and is recommended by the technician based on your needs. Professional guidance will always help you make the right decision, so don’t think twice before asking for help from professionals in the field.
Aztil Air Conditioning is a well-known name amongst HVAC contractors in West Palm Beach, Florida. We specialize in all heating and cooling equipment in addition to providing air quality solutions. Our team of skilled and experienced technicians can not only help you make the right choice in buying new equipment but can also assist with its installation, repairs, maintenance, and replacement. We are open 24/7 and provide emergency services, so you don’t have to suffer longer than necessary. To book an appointment, call us at +1-888-729-8452.