In the HVAC industry, we often hear people trying to find out which heating and cooling system is the best. Seldom do they realize that the choice varies from household to household depending on their needs. Therefore, today, our aim is not to tell you about the best one. Rather expand your horizons and tell you why going ductless, too, could be the best solution.
The Ductless Systems
Before dealing with why ductless systems may be the right choice for you, let us try to understand what they are. As is clear from the name itself, these units do not require any ductwork to deliver heating and cooling. Often referred to as Mini-Splits or Mini-Split Systems, these make the indoors comfortable using multiple air handlers. Every room has a dedicated air handler from which the treated air enters until the desired temperature is achieved.
The Need For Ductless Systems
Some homes may not have pre-installed ductwork. This is especially true for heritage homes and buildings. Furthermore, installing ducts in an old building is in itself wrought with many difficulties. For once, they were not made keeping in mind that some time in future such work may need to be carried out. Hence, not only will large portions of the wall need to be torn down, but also insulation will also have to be taken care of, making it an over the top expensive project.
Sometimes, even new buildings may not have any ductwork, and your budget may not allow you to install one. Nevertheless, this does not mean that you have to suffer without a viable heating and cooling option. The solution to your problem lies in ductless systems.
Reasons That Make Ductless Systems The Best Solution
If you are looking for reasons to validate your preference for a Mini-Splits System, look no further for here they are:
1. No Need To Install Ducts – The first one is the most obvious. If there is no ductwork or if the existing one is completely ruined and you don’t wish to install a new one, you can still make your indoor space comfortable by fitting a ductless system. Even without ducts, these units do an admirable job keeping your space cool or warm, depending on the season.
2. No Need For Window AC And Space Heaters – Window AC’s are quite big and heavy making it difficult to secure them. Similarly, space heaters are also not considered to be a safe option, especially around kids and pets. Doing away with the need for excessive safety are the ductless units. The air handler is wall-mounted and away from easy reach. It delivers both hot and cold air, so you don’t need different measures for different seasons. This one unit will suffice in maintaining the indoor temperature as you desire.
3. Easy Installation – The condenser unit is installed outdoors as in every HVAC equipment, so there’s nothing new there. The air handler itself is installed high on the wall, closer to the ceiling, keeping it out of the way. Each air handler is connected to the outdoor unit through an approximately 3-inch wide hole in the wall. All in all, the installation is not a complicated process.
4. Superior Efficiency – Mini-Split systems have superior efficiency. You don’t have to take this statement with a grain of salt for it is the absolute truth. These units use the best technology available today in the HVAC industry. They have variable speed compressors that allow for automatic speed adjustments based on the need. Nevertheless, the sophistication does not end here. The ductless units can work with very little power. This is achieved by using inverter technology whereby high-voltage current is converted into DC voltage.
5. Customized Temperature Control – The need for temperature customization if felt the most when you live with aged parents or young children. The elderly do not like very cool temperatures while for children it’s the cooler, the better. When the temperature needs vary drastically in a family, having a ductless system will give them the freedom to set different temperatures for different rooms. This way everybody gets what they want.
6. Flexibility – In any home, all rooms are not in use at the same time. Mini-Splits allow you to switch off the air handlers in the rooms that are not in use, giving one more flexibility over their operations. The main advantage of switching off the heating or cooling in the unoccupied rooms is that it can help you save a lot on your utility bills. Hence, if your aim is to lower power consumption, ductless systems are the best way to achieve it.
7. Quiet Operations – You will barely ever hear any sound from your Mini-Split system. It is because all the main components that are liable to make a sound are housed in the outdoor unit. The window AC on the other hand is relatively noisy and disturbing.
8. Perfect Solution For New Additions – Say you already have a ducted HVAC unit, but you just renovated your house and added a new room. The problem is that with the upgrade the size of your HVAC does not match the size of your home. In such a case a Mini-Split will solve your problem without having to upgrade your existing HVAC unit.
Going Ductless The Best Solution
The hassle of adding ducts is sometimes enough reason to give anyone a terrible headache. If you can get the same results by going ductless, then why not? A ductless unit is efficient, easy to fit, and also gives more flexibility over temperature control. It even allows you to cut down your power bills effectively. All in all, it is a winning solution from which you are bound to benefit.
If you are interested in getting a ductless system for your West Palm Beach home, contact the elite team of experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. We’ll be glad to answer all your queries and concerns. At the same time, we can also assess your home or commercial space and advise you on appropriate air quality solutions. When you partner with us we make your comfort our priority. Along with installations, repairs, and maintenance of the HVAC systems, we also offer 24/7 emergency services. Our office is always open so you can call us at your convenience. We can always be reached at +1-888-729-8452.