Modern-day air conditioning systems are very different from what was available in the past. In the times gone by, people did not pay much attention to things like efficiency and capacity. You either had a sound system that provided sufficient cooling or had a system that was a waste of money because it presented high bills but barely any comfort. The problem here was not that the system was inadequate. Instead, it was the lack of professional guidance and setup. Thus, nowadays, the strict edict is given that AC installation should always be carried out by a professional.
In fact, one must seek professional help right from when one begins searching for an AC to its installation, repairs, and maintenance post-purchase. From ascertaining the cooling load to picking the best type of cooling system for your home or office, there are several key elements that one must take into consideration for the installation to be deemed successful. So, don’t make the mistake of thinking that installation includes just core installation and nothing else.
What Is Cooling Load?
Don’t be surprised by the technical jargon. Its definition is relatively simple. It is the quantity of heat energy that has to be removed from the given space to provide a comfortable and acceptable temperature.
Is Cooling Load Same As Size Of The Air Conditioning System?
The cooling load is not the same as the size of the air conditioning system. Instead, it helps determine the size of the AC that you will need to cool your space. The cooling load can vary from one room to another. Therefore, your ACs output should match the size of your complete structure and not just one of its rooms.
How Can HVAC Experts Help?
In the normal course of things, we don’t pay much attention to the important details. We assume that they will work out on their own, only to get an unpleasant surprise later. Nonetheless, with an investment as expensive as the air conditioner, it would be foolish to undertake such a risk. Thankfully, HVAC experts are there to help. Here are a couple of ways in which the professionals can guide you better:
1. Size Of AC – The size of the AC will have a direct bearing on the comfort indoors and the amount you pay for it. With an undersized AC, it will be impossible to reach the perfect temperature indoors. Your small AC will run for long hours and will not have much to show for it other than a hefty electricity bill. On the other hand, an oversized AC will cycle on and off so much that energy efficiency will go for a toss. Therefore, what you need is an AC that will cool the complete house or building. For that, you need to know how big the area is that requires cooling. The one person who can assist you in figuring the correct size of AC for your establishment is the HVAC professional or technician.
2. Choosing An AC To Meet Your Requirements – Getting confused while choosing an AC is normal. At such a time, if there were a person to guide you in the right direction gently, it would be such a blessing. An HVAC technician can guide you to choose an AC with all the features you need and within your budget. They make even the most challenging decision easy with their in-depth knowledge of the subject and appliance.
3. Carrying Out Actual Installation – The actual installation of the cooling system is a critical task. It has to be done correctly and precisely. Any mishaps or negligence during the process will lead to the constant need for repairs. There are many things that need to be considered like; the outdoor unit should be free of obstructions, the indoor unit should be properly aligned, the ductwork should be in top shape, the insulation top quality, etc. If you use an unprofessional technician, one who lacks in knowledge and expertise, the chances are pretty high that your AC installation will be a haphazard job. In order to save a couple of dollars, do not make this mistake.
4. Repairs And Maintenance – When you partner with a professional HVAC contractor, the relationship is one that you can build upon. A good technician can take care of all the future needs of the cooling system. It includes repairs and maintenance of the unit. Also, they will own the work they do. So there is always a surety that the work has been completed to the best of knowledge. This guarantee is missing when you make do with any self-proclaimed technician.
How To Get Hold Of A Professional AC Installation Expert?
Figuring out who is good and who is bad is not very difficult. It is a matter of doing some research and gathering data. Nevertheless, here are a few handy tips that will hold you in good stead:
1. Ask friends and neighbors for recommendations.
2. Gather reviews about the contractors both online and offline.
3. Always check the HVAC contractor’s documents like license, certification, etc.
4. Don’t fall for low ball figure scams as industry standards are higher.
5. Beware of contractors who don’t explain things in layman’s terms and try to confuse you with technical jargon.
AC installation is a complete process that begins with figuring out your residence or commercial building’s requirements. Next is finding out the appropriate size and type of AC based on cooling load. Then come the real installation and after-sales services. When all these things make your structure cool, in the way you aim it to be, the installation is successful. Only a professional AC installation expert or technician can help you fulfill this aim.
If you are looking for a licensed and trained professional to meet your HVAC needs in West Palm Beach, Florida, your answer is Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a family-owned business operating successfully since 1981. Our staff consists of 100+ trained professionals who are experienced in working with any brand of heating and cooling system. We offer a full range of services, including installation, repairs, and maintenance. Our office is open 24/7 and 365 days a year. You can reach out to us at any time at +1-888-729-8452. So, wait no more and give us a call today and book an appointment.