Time and again, condo owners, homeowners, and building managers are reminded to schedule the maintenance of their air conditioning system. Some of them remember, and others put it off as unnecessary and time-wasting. Blessed and relatively carefree are those who believe in it and take pains to maintain its regularity and continuity. Scheduling regular AC maintenance gives you a reliable, efficient, and lasting machine. To convince you of the importance of AC tune-up, we are dedicating this complete article to apprise you of the need for scheduling regular AC maintenance.
The Benefits Of Scheduling Regular AC Maintenance
There are solid reasons behind the need for regular AC maintenance, and these are:
1. Reduce The Chances Of Malfunctions – An AC that sees regular maintenance does not break down as often as the one that doesn’t. It is because routine preventive annual maintenance ensures the cooling system is in tip-top shape to bear the burden of long working hours even during the peak season. So, where the uncared-for systems hit snags more often, the cared-for systems work ceaselessly to guarantee your comfort. During maintenance, steps are taken to identify and correct problems that are yet in their infancy. Also, procedures are executed to reduce the effects of wear and tear and corrosion. The combined effect of these activities guarantees lesser chances of a malfunction.
2. Keep Energy Bills In Check – Year after year, the long working hours take a toll on the efficiency of the air conditioner. Most people think there is no way to recover from it. Thankfully, that is not the whole truth. Yes, you cannot make your system function as new, but you can still recover a large part of the lost efficiency through AC maintenance. The main reasons behind its decline are dust accumulation on surfaces, wear and tear, and subsequent unnecessary strain. These issues are addressed during the tune-up and help reclaim the lost efficiency. Air conditioners that don’t get the annual tune-up can sadly not claim the same. Unfortunately, their owners land up paying higher and higher energy bills each passing year.
3. Comfortable Indoors – If you ever get a chance, compare the indoor comfort provided by an AC that sees regular maintenance and one that doesn’t. Surely you will realize the former will always make for appropriately cool interiors. In the latter case, you will find hot and cold areas in the house and cooling that leaves everybody wanting. Having an AC and not being able to enjoy everyday comfort due to lack of maintenance is a waste of the air conditioner’s potential. Above all, you are not happy with the way things are. So, in the end, skipping maintenance only made you more irritable and hard to get along with. If that is the consequence, the cost of maintenance is a small price to pay.
4. Maintain Product Warranty – Every AC and HVAC manufacturer covers the warranty on their product only if the customer has been ensuring its periodic annual maintenance. If the customer has missed even single maintenance, the product warranty ceases from that day onwards. Just assume you missed the last AC tune-up, and your unit has developed some fault and is not working correctly. In this case, even if the fault is covered under warranty, you will not get any benefit. Your own pockets will bear the complete expense. Is defaulting on maintenance worth bearing the expense which could have easily been covered under warranty? If the expense is small, it may not make much difference. Nevertheless, since you have missed maintenance, it is highly likely the problem is bigger, and therefore, the repairs will cost dearly.
5. Extend Life Of The System – An air conditioner that receives routine annual maintenance will outlast a system that doesn’t. The reason is simple. It receives proper care, which, in turn, ensures that every component is working as it should. When every part is in harmony, there’s no unwarranted strain and no excessive wear and tear. All in all, it means a system that works optimally and does not suffer unduly. Such air conditioners will work with the least amount of trouble despite their age, and hence, they are most likely to complete their useful product life.
Only Authorized Service Partners
Many homeowners see to the annual maintenance of their AC and yet complain of frequent malfunctions. And some come to a rude awakening when the manufacturer rejects their warranty despite the machine’s routine tune-up. It happens because the HVAC contractor they chose to work on their AC was not authorized. In short, they failed to engage the services of a professional, licensed, and certified technician.
When looking for somebody to answer your air conditioner’s servicing needs, one must always give priority to the legal nature of the business. To do that, you need to check the prospective contractor or technician’s license and certification. Choosing an AC partner based on who costs less is more than likely to land you and your cooling unit in a soup. Do bear in mind the amount a professional technician charges as the fee is in sync with the industry set standards. Anyone charging below that is not someone you should associate with.
Regular AC maintenance is not the contractor’s way of conning you out of your hard-earned money. It is a necessity if you wish to enjoy the cool interiors of your home without having to worry about when your AC will start acting up. The maintenance will give you an AC that works efficiently, gives fewer troubles, and delivers to your expectations until the very end.
Residents of West Palm Beach can go ahead and engage the services of Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a licensed and fully insured family-owned HVAC business. Our team of 100+ technicians is fully capable of addressing your AC installation, repairs, and maintenance needs. Our one-stop shop is always open irrespective of the time of the day and day of the week. To book an appointment, just pick up the phone and call +1-888-729-8452.