Keeping tabs on when the HVAC system maintenance is due becomes difficult in our busy schedules. Often there are so many other pressing matters that it takes a backseat until we realize one day that we forgot all about it completely. Nobody is to blame here, but forgetting maintenance is not good for the health of the heating and cooling unit. What if we tell you that you can pass off this duty to the HVAC contractor, such that it becomes his responsibility to remember the maintenance and do it as per plan. Wouldn’t that be a life savior? This is precisely where HVAC system maintenance plans come into play.
HVAC System Maintenance Plan
To keep your HVAC unit in top working order, you need to ensure not just its timely maintenance but also its repairs. You can achieve both these aims by purchasing an HVAC system maintenance plan. Under it, the HVAC contractor will ensure that your heating and the cooling system receives its scheduled maintenance on time every year. If the plan you buy is comprehensive, it will also take care of the repairs as soon as they are reported.
The Need For A Preventive Maintenance Plan For Your HVAC System
Preventive maintenance plans exist to make things easier on you and your HVAC unit. Here are some reasons why these plans are essential:
1. Preventive Maintenance Increases The System Life – Preventive maintenance is crucial to the longevity of the heating and cooling system. Not taking care of it makes it fall into disrepair leading to massive wear and tear of the internal components. Once the internal parts start deteriorating, all bets are off. There is no telling how long they will work harmoniously any longer. Even a small problem can lead to the end of its useful life. Nevertheless, all of this can be avoided by simply ensuring that maintenance is strictly adhered to, year after year. Purchasing a budget-friendly preventive maintenance plan can take care of it.
2. Buying A Plan Shifts The Responsibility To The Contractor – You need not worry about schedules and time once you have purchased a preventive maintenance plan that suits your needs and pocket. Your HVAC contractor will contact you when it becomes due, set up a suitable time or fix an appointment to do it, and send the technician to perform all the checks that constitute the HVAC tune-up. All you have to do is tell them whether they are available on that day or not.
3. The Unit Becomes Reliable – Maintenance is the best way to ensure that your heating and cooling system does not leave you in a lurch during the peak of the season by developing a problem. Usually, the wear and tear caused during the regular long working hours is the culprit behind the unexpected malfunctions. If you address these small issues right at the beginning of the season, your unit will work smoothly through the season without giving you any trouble whatsoever.
4. Increases Energy Efficiency – When a machine is used for long hours, its efficiency decreases. Nonetheless, that which is gone does not mean it is lost forever, at least not in the case of HVAC systems. One can easily recover a large part of the lost efficiency with timely preventive maintenance. All activities that form a part of the tune-up are geared towards making sure that all things that can cause the HVAC to work less than what it is capable of are addressed right at the very beginning. Next, the tune-up will ensure that nothing further will hamper it. Together the two things make the HVAC system work almost at par with how it performed the previous year. One thing that you should clearly understand is that the unit will not work as well as new. It is a piece of machinery, and its components will slowly run out of life. Maintenance will only guarantee that you get good use of the heating and cooling system before that happens.
5. Improved Indoor Comfort – Lost efficiency doesn’t just result in increased energy bills. It also reduces your indoor comfort. All in all, it is a loss on both crucial fronts. If you take care of your HVAC system year after year, you do not have to worry about discomfort when in your home or office. Purchasing an appropriate preventive maintenance plan will ensure that there is no disruption in your indoor comfort.
Is A Maintenance Plan Worth It?
Purchasing a maintenance plan or not depends on several factors. The best we can tell you is that if any of the statements given below are valid for your HVAC unit, you will benefit from buying one.
1. If your AC or furnace runs a lot.
2. If your HVAC manufacturer demands annual maintenance of the unit to keep the product warranty intact.
3. If you feel you would want to get priority service if ever anything goes wrong with your HVAC system.
4. If you want to save money on HVAC repairs and maintenance.
The Crux Of The Matter
Households that live in the fast lane and have a hectic lifestyle are not the only ones who forget to schedule the maintenance of their HVAC system. Being human, we tend to forget things; therefore, it would not be wrong to say that getting a maintenance plan for their HVAC system will benefit all. The plan is proactive in ensuring that the HVAC system gets the care it requires on time without fail. All you need to do is ensure that you purchase a plan that fits your pockets.
Residents of West Palm Beach, Florida, can purchase an HVAC maintenance plan from the very capable and trustworthy Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a family-owned business serving the citizens of South Florida since 1981. In addition to a full range of services like HVAC installations, repairs, and maintenance, we also offer indoor air quality solutions and professional duct cleaning services. Hence, when you are in need, we shall take care of all your HVAC requirements. To talk to us or to book an appointment, call us at +1-888-729-8452.