In summers, the main reason behind the discomfort is the continuous sweaty feeling even while indoors. It happens because of high humidity. When the humidity is excessive, it prevents the sweat that forms on the skin from evaporating, leaving one feeling unsettled and irritated. As a result, tempers run short, and nerves are frayed because where we expected comfort and coolness, we get the complete opposite: anxiety and clamminess.
There is no need to be disheartened. Like most other problems, there is a solution for this as well. What you need is a dehumidifier. You can either opt for a whole-home dehumidifier that works in conjunction with the central heating and cooling system or the HVAC system. Or you could go for a stand-alone dehumidifier which you can move from room to room, depending on whichever is occupied at the moment.
What Does A Dehumidifier Do?
A dehumidifier’s whole and sole job are to extract humidity or moisture from the air. With the moisture removed, the cool air is once again able to cool your body for optimum comfort.
Why A Dehumidifier When Even The AC Removes Humidity?
An air conditioner’s primary function is to provide cooling. In the process of cooling the air, it can only remove limited moisture from the indoor air. When the moisture content is too high, the tiny amount that AC removes will not make any dent in terms of providing relief. At such times, one needs a dedicated unit whose primary function is dehumidification.
Would You Benefit From A Dehumidifier?
One would most definitely benefit from a dehumidifier if they live in an area where the humidity is perpetually high. Similarly, if there is a specific season when the humidity is excessive, one can find immediate gratification with a dehumidifier.
Benefits Of A Dehumidifier
Now that you are aware of the dehumidifier and its function, let’s briefly look at its benefits:
1. Appropriate Humidity Control – Since the problem is high humidity, your only solace lies in controlling it. What better than a dehumidifier? The dehumidifier works to remove the excess moisture from the air. Kindly pay attention to the fact that it does not remove all the moisture and make the air completely dry. Instead, it only removes the excess part and thereby maintains good indoor air quality. Another benefit of maintaining proper indoor humidity is that your possessions will not get spoiled easily. Even the wall paint will survive for years rather than chipping and falling off.
2. Improved Comfort – There will be a marked difference in the environment indoors once all the extra humidity is removed. Your home will feel way more relaxed and comfortable for the same settings as before. The chances are, for once, you will be compelled to increase the temperature on the thermostat instead of lowering it further. Furthermore, if you live in a tropical climate, the improved indoor comfort will not be for just one season but throughout the year. You can now kiss the sticky feeling goodbye.
3. Reduces Allergies – Typically, allergens need a humid climate to thrive. With excessive humidity, your home fulfills this prime requirement. As a result, even without your knowledge, your residence becomes home to several of these unwanted and unhealthy guests. Places like the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, and basement will have a higher concentration of these microorganisms. Those members of your family who are sensitive and prone to allergies will have a tough time. Installing a dehumidifier will give them much-needed relief. Once the excess humidity is drawn out, the near-perfect condition for the allergens to grow and propagate is destroyed, providing relief in spades.
4. Prevents Growth Of Mold And Mildew – Mold, mildew, and fungus are three names best not associated with any enclosed space. Their presence means questionable indoor air quality, illness, and filthy areas. The problem with them is that they are health hazards that can lead to severe ailments. Not just that, but they are also capable of destroying your prized possessions. The good news is that mold, mildew, and fungus grow only in a damp or humid environment. So if you take the high moisture out of the equation, there is no way they will spread their colonies. A dehumidifier will prevent dampness from finding a foothold indoors. Consequently, it will prevent the growth of these species of microorganisms and keep your breathing space clean and healthy.
5. Makes For Energy Efficient HVAC System – In the absence of a dehumidifier, you keep lowering the temperature of the AC, trying to stay cool. The problem with that is despite all your efforts, there seems to be no respite. On the contrary, you get slapped with bigger energy bills. If the moisture content of the indoor air is high, no amount of temperature modification will make you feel comfortable. The only thing it will do is make your AC run longer than needed and put undue stress on it. In turn, it will increase the unit’s power consumption, and it will lose its energy efficiency. With a dehumidifier in place, there is no need to make the air conditioner run long and hard. It can now do the same job at a higher temperature and run no longer than actually required. Therefore, a dehumidifier will only make your HVAC system more energy-efficient.
Food For Thought
A dehumidifier is an excellent addition to your existing HVAC system. Not only does it give you relief from the humidity and increases comfort indoors, but it also reduces the burden on the heating and cooling system. If you have not yet invested in one, now would be a good time to start thinking about one. Its overall benefits far outweigh the investment cost.
If you live in West Palm Beach and have any questions or queries regarding a dehumidifier, feel free to contact the air experts at Aztil Air Conditioning. We are a trusted household name in South Florida with outstanding credentials. Our dedication to good quality services, prompt action, and precise solutions has earned us the trust of our clients. We offer various HVAC services like installations, repairs, maintenance, and air quality solutions. If you wish to book an appointment, call us at +1-888-729-8452.